The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Can't understand anyone saying it wasn't a penalty.
It may have been considered as soft but it's a penalty everyday of the week. It's stupid from Lovern.
If it happened to a Liverpool player and we didn't get a penalty you'd be annoyed.
Anyway..Porto. Got to be happy with that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Esmarelda

Quote from: laoislad on December 11, 2017, 12:10:31 PM
Can't understand anyone saying it wasn't a penalty.
It may have been considered as soft but it's a penalty everyday of the week. It's stupid from Lovern.
If it happened to a Liverpool player and we didn't get a penalty you'd be annoyed.
Anyway..Porto. Got to be happy with that.
Dermot Gallagher on Sky reviewed the incident and said "I think it is a penalty. It's reminiscent of the penalty Aaron Ramsey got against Burnley a few weeks ago. It's not the biggest push in the world but if you put your arms on the back like that, the referee is bound to give a penalty, and he was correct to do so."

brokencrossbar1

I'll throw this out...of the faller had been say....Luis Suarez when he was playing for Liverpool would the same media have called it a penalty or would they have called Suarez a diver?  Trust me, a huge amount of the 'impartial' media,  as far as young English players are concerned cannot see the woods for the trees. It was never a penalty and the young lad fell as soon as there was any contact.

Now the game should have been out of sight but that's another story. Mane squares the ball. 2-0 at HT and we win 3-4 nil. End of story.

Porto is not the best not the worst draw

TabClear

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 11, 2017, 11:49:07 AM
Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2017, 11:41:47 AM
On the bright side, Gomez had some game yesterday. Been playing very well the past few weeks.

I've actually seen Liverpool a few times on TV recently and Gomez has impressed me. Salah is just brilliant....have to say I like watching the guy play. Another example of Mourinho's great management I think?

Moreno is one of the worst professional soccer players I've ever seen....robbing a living.

Thats harsh. Bar the horror show against Sevilla in the second half Moreno has been solid all year. Robertson would be my preference though, much more solid defensively. Unfortunately as has been proven too many times by Liverpool this year, individual defensive errors are proving very costly.

You wonder if Gomez is ever going to be transitioned to CB or if Klopp sees him as a Full back only.

Porto in the next round of the CL. Happy enough with that. Will not be easy but glad to have avoided Juve and Real. Both Manchester clubs will be happy with their draws.

Porto in the last 16

magpie seanie

I seem to remember Moreno is the previous or one of the previous CL games besides the Sevilla one having a comical outing. Certainly Liverpool supporting guys I know think he's absolutely terrible but maybe I'm giving the Sevilla game too big a weighting as it's one of the few I've seen.

The best you can hope for the in the CL knockout draw is avoiding one of the big guns. Nothing easy at this stage in truth.

Maroon Manc

Do the lads who think it was a pen think Salah's goal should have been disallowed for his push on the Everton left back?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 11, 2017, 12:35:11 PM
Do the lads who think it was a pen think Salah's goal should have been disallowed for his push on the Everton left back?

Salah got a few pushes himself but stayed strong and got the goal
Maybe lovren was picking him up in training this week and was not expecting the Everton forward to go down as easy
Salah is a real footballer and simulation is the farthest thing in his mind when in the box
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Esmarelda

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 11, 2017, 12:21:57 PM
I'll throw this out...of the faller had been say....Luis Suarez when he was playing for Liverpool would the same media have called it a penalty or would they have called Suarez a diver?  Trust me, a huge amount of the 'impartial' media,  as far as young English players are concerned cannot see the woods for the trees. It was never a penalty and the young lad fell as soon as there was any contact.

Now the game should have been out of sight but that's another story. Mane squares the ball. 2-0 at HT and we win 3-4 nil. End of story.

Porto is not the best not the worst draw
I'm not concerned what anyone in the media thinks. I thought it was a penalty.
Didn't really see that but have read that some thought it was a foul. Must have a look.
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 11, 2017, 12:46:48 PM

Salah got a few pushes himself but stayed strong and got the goal
Maybe lovren was picking him up in training this week and was not expecting the Everton forward to go down as easy
Salah is a real footballer and simulation is the farthest thing in his mind when in the box
Pretty sure I've seen Salah going down this year under for little reason. Can't remember specifically when.

TabClear

Funny I was thinking that as well. It was more of a shove than the penalty! For what its worth I think the ref got both right albeit I could see how either could have went the other way as both were borderline

TabClear

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 11, 2017, 12:31:55 PM
I seem to remember Moreno is the previous or one of the previous CL games besides the Sevilla one having a comical outing. Certainly Liverpool supporting guys I know think he's absolutely terrible but maybe I'm giving the Sevilla game too big a weighting as it's one of the few I've seen.

The best you can hope for the in the CL knockout draw is avoiding one of the big guns. Nothing easy at this stage in truth.

I think the problem is that Moreno's errors tend to be catastrophic. He can have a great game for 89 minutes but is always liable to make an error which will be the one highlighted and remembered if you have not seen the whole game.

AZOffaly

It's his positional sense. He's like a Jack Russell chasing 3 tennis balls at the same time.

mackers

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 11, 2017, 01:36:35 PM
It's his positional sense. He's like a Jack Russell chasing 3 tennis balls at the same time.
;D ;D ;D
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

heganboy

I think Henderson is a decent honest footballer, but Keita arrives and his number is up. Not sure Can is any different, stronger  but slower than JH. Henderson didn't have anything to offer to break down the massed defence. Salahs goal was excellent and created from nothing, he never actually looks at goal between getting the ball and shooting. That individual ability to break a defence is required at this level. Mane had a stinker.
Lovren is too prone to mistakes, as is mignolet, both surely on borrowed time. Klavan is a stop gap who did well yesterday. Robertson did well given lack of game time, Joe G is flying.

I'd rather Schmeichal than Van Dyke in January window. Also not clear to me what Liverpool would want with another winger.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hound

Quote from: heganboy on December 11, 2017, 02:25:37 PM
I think Henderson is a decent honest footballer, but Keita arrives and his number is up. Not sure Can is any different, stronger  but slower than JH. Henderson didn't have anything to offer to break down the massed defence. Salahs goal was excellent and created from nothing, he never actually looks at goal between getting the ball and shooting. That individual ability to break a defence is required at this level. Mane had a stinker.
Lovren is too prone to mistakes, as is mignolet, both surely on borrowed time. Klavan is a stop gap who did well yesterday. Robertson did well given lack of game time, Joe G is flying.

I'd rather Schmeichal than Van Dyke in January window. Also not clear to me what Liverpool would want with another winger.
Henderson's shot at the end is typical of his shortcomings. Poor composure and poor technique.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on December 11, 2017, 03:28:43 PM
Quote from: heganboy on December 11, 2017, 02:25:37 PM

Henderson's shot at the end is typical of his shortcomings. Poor composure and poor technique.

Henderson's biggest failing is he is not Stevie G. I don't mind him at all. You need creativity around him, but he's serviceable.