2019 All Ireland Football Qualifiers

Started by Don Draper, June 11, 2019, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

The CCC has decided that Laois will face Derry in Owenbeg at 5pm on Saturday June 22.

MasterJ

Wont be easy. A long trip for players and fans.

GAA-SMART

How come the game isnt in Celtic Park ?

Don Draper

Quote from: GAA-SMART on June 11, 2019, 03:49:44 PM
How come the game isnt in Celtic Park ?
Derry train in Owenbeg, and f**k all will travel to this game you'd suspect.

Tony

Owenbeg is a nice pitch. Good quality surface. Stadium itself is something along the likes of Aughrim in terms of capacity and atmosphere. I don't really understand how the qualifiers aren't in a neutral pitch as it's a huge advantage for them. But we have to go with it. May the best team win. I personally see us winning this one - I can see the lads not being happy with Sunday and I can see us improving on a lot of things that went wrong in Croke Park. Laois by 4, especially if we see Begley return.

MasterJ

Meath were always going to  win on Sunday. Laois just need to pick themselves up and prepare for a tough battle!!!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Qualifier Games --- Venues and Times

Saturday June 22

Antrim v Kildare, Corrigan Park, 3pm - *Subject to inspection and safety certification

Longford v Tyrone, Glennon Brothers Pearse Park, 5pm

Derry v Laois, Owenbeg, 5pm

Westmeath v Limerick, TEG Cusack Park, Mullingar, 6pm

Leitrim v Clare, Avantcard Páirc Seán Mac Diarmada, 6pm

Monaghan v Armagh, St Tiernach's Park, 7pm

Down v Mayo, Páirc Esler, 7pm

Sunday June 23

Offaly v Sligo, Bord Na Mona O'Connor Park, 2pm
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

les Antiques

Any news about Begley been fit for Saturday ? With Timmons not available Begleys presence in the backs is  crucial. 

Brandon

I see that Derry are favorites to win. I don't get this at all.... I think that laois are for more organized and have stronger players than Derry. Long trip for players but I think laois will win this match.

smcder

4 hour drive.  Is there many going to it?

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Brandon on June 20, 2019, 04:00:04 PM
I see that Derry are favorites to win. I don't get this at all.... I think that laois are for more organized and have stronger players than Derry. Long trip for players but I think laois will win this match.
Stronger players than Derry ?? Are you serious ? Derry are physically a very big team . A spine of Rogers , McKaigue , McAtamney , Bell,  McGuigan , McFaul, Cassidy , Heron , Lynn and E Bradley is fairly strong in my opinion . Derry only lost to Tyrone by a few points and absolutely smashed Wexford the last day out so we can't afford to be going up North with this arrogance on Saturday . Derry might be about the same level as ourselves .If we play to our full potential and with Donie and Evan BOTH starting we can sneak it . Anything below par could equal a tough day out .

Gmac

Whatever happens Laois will have to up the scoring to win 12 points won't do here , 2 evenly enough matched teams home advantage might swing it for Derry

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: les Antiques on June 20, 2019, 10:51:23 AM
Any news about Begley been fit for Saturday ? With Timmons not available Begleys presence in the backs is  crucial.

Not looking good for either of them...
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/06/21/injury-problems-for-laois-footballers-ahead-of-qualifier-clash-with-derry/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on June 21, 2019, 12:46:00 PM
Quote from: les Antiques on June 20, 2019, 10:51:23 AM

Not looking good for either of them...
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/06/21/injury-problems-for-laois-footballers-ahead-of-qualifier-clash-with-derry/
I'm not too sure how accurate that is. I hear Begley will start.

Don Draper

Quote from: Gmac on June 20, 2019, 11:34:58 PM
Whatever happens Laois will have to up the scoring to win 12 points won't do here , 2 evenly enough matched teams home advantage might swing it for Derry
TBF it will if Derry score 11.