Cork v Clare throw in time

Started by CiKe, May 27, 2007, 11:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiKe

Surprised no thread on this game, have Bottlethrower and homeofhurling left the board? Always interesting to read their views.

Anyway, the yesterday's Irish Times has this down as 3.30pm throw in, but RTE's website says it's 2.00pm. I assume RTE is right but want to confirm so I don't waste an hour and a half watching football...thanks

youbetterbelieveit

yep 2pm, with the armagh v donegal game to follow, so some real championship games today.

thejuice

Intruiging game. its hard to know what to make of either team. Are they getting better, getting worse. either way it wont lack intensity anyway. I'd like to give a prediction but its impossible to say. Hope Clare win tho.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Real Laoislad

Some start a free for all before the match even starts!!! This is gonna be fun
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ildanach

Quote from: hardstation on May 27, 2007, 02:59:00 PM
Game over!
Corcaigh 1-11
An Clar 0-4

goal for clare another would make it interesting, but i cann't see cork losing this
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

CiKe

poor game, byt the sounds of things I missed the best part at the very start. Tony Carmody and Griffin are huge losses to that Clare team, awful decision making and some brutal wides from their forwards (Barry Nugent played well enough), if it wasn't for the fact all the forwards defended well it could have been much worse indeed. Not sure any of those forwards would make it on the Kilkenny, Cork or Waterford teams - a very sad sate of affairs.

Not sure what to make of Cork, I suspect they played to the level of the opposition. Waterford won't be quaking in their boots however. Cronin would need to learn to put the paw up, as the guy in the pub next to me said, every bloody high ball he had the hurl up knocking it down. Would be skeptical of that half forward line with him so young and Murphy never really impressing me that much.

Orior

Just saw the melee at the start. Some craic!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

cicfada

I expect we'll hear more horrified reaction from that "hurling expert", Ray Silke now!!Talk about a storm in a teacup!!Will Spillane ever shut the f**k up about it!!

didlyi

Spillane is always fast to highlight any negatives in hurling. Im glad that daly and O'Grady put him in his place and saw this incident for what it was worth.