Quote from: Franko on January 15, 2020, 02:06:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2020, 12:14:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 15, 2020, 11:49:12 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 14, 2020, 10:00:31 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on January 14, 2020, 08:17:29 AM
Anybody been to Centreparcs Ireland?

Any use?  Expensive?

I booked 4 days in it this summer.
I'm told it's very good, the reviews are very good and the pictures on the site look very good.
Expensive, yes indeed. Check out the price of bike hire on their site, adult bike was 50euro a day with kids 30euro I think it was! There are 8 of us going....280euro to hire out bikes for a day.
The wasps are all unionised so it does add up.

Can you not bring your own bikes?

8 of them?

If you've a family of 8 then your bate, but I've been able to carry 4 bikes (family of 4 that went) and no issues, If you can afford to go the Centreparcs you can afford to rent them

If you say so big lad.

Might be cheaper after brexit.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2020, 05:42:35 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 15, 2020, 04:29:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2020, 02:21:10 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 15, 2020, 02:06:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2020, 12:14:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 15, 2020, 11:49:12 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 14, 2020, 10:00:31 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on January 14, 2020, 08:17:29 AM
Anybody been to Centreparcs Ireland?

Any use?  Expensive?

I booked 4 days in it this summer.
I'm told it's very good, the reviews are very good and the pictures on the site look very good.
Expensive, yes indeed. Check out the price of bike hire on their site, adult bike was 50euro a day with kids 30euro I think it was! There are 8 of us going....280euro to hire out bikes for a day.
The wasps are all unionised so it does add up.

Can you not bring your own bikes?

8 of them?

If you've a family of 8 then your bate, but I've been able to carry 4 bikes (family of 4 that went) and no issues, If you can afford to go the Centreparcs you can afford to rent them

If you say so big lad.

Might be cheaper after brexit.

Doubtful.

FermGael

Anybody recommend anywhere with a few self catering holiday homes together for July or August for a family holiday ?
Looking somewhere in Ireland
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

BenDover

Quote from: FermGael on January 17, 2020, 09:59:02 PM
Anybody recommend anywhere with a few self catering holiday homes together for July or August for a family holiday ?
Killarney holiday village, out the Mucross Road.

lurganblue

I've done a few of these over the past number of summers.  My favourite was probably the one we went to in Courtown, Wexford.  Plenty for kids to do in the area and a great base for exploring Wexford (such a fantastic county).  No issues with accommodation either...

I think this was the place https://www.forestparkselfcatering.com/

I've booked similar holidays in Terryglass (Tipp), Enniscrone (Sligo), Bunbeg (Donegal) and Lettermore (Galway).  They all offered something in their own right.

BenDover

Quote from: lurganblue on January 21, 2020, 11:16:00 AM

I've done a few of these over the past number of summers.  My favourite was probably the one we went to in Courtown, Wexford.  Plenty for kids to do in the area and a great base for exploring Wexford (such a fantastic county).  No issues with accommodation either...

I think this was the place https://www.forestparkselfcatering.com/

I've booked similar holidays in Terryglass (Tipp), Enniscrone (Sligo), Bunbeg (Donegal) and Lettermore (Galway).  They all offered something in their own right.

Courtown, great shout!

Milltown Row2

Vilamoura booked, countdown is on. It's great having a target again. My only problem is sorting out the dogs.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Helix.

Anyone here done Cancun Mexico.  Looking to go in mid August for honeymoon but skeptical if hurricane season. Any tips greatly appreciated 👍🏻

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Helix. on January 23, 2020, 08:05:35 PM
Anyone here done Cancun Mexico.  Looking to go in mid August for honeymoon but skeptical if hurricane season. Any tips greatly appreciated 👍🏻

Hurricane season starts June, but September onwards is when you'd be most likely. I was there prior, never seen anything but Blue Sky and that was at start of August. Some spot - Plenty of Americans making their presence known mind you which can be tiresome.

Assuming you'd be all inclusive, but eating out wasn't too bad either for a change. Food is fine, if not a bit Americanised at this stage. Local beers are 100% and you'd have no bother drinking them - It's pretty much luxury, as you've ones on the beach hauling cold drinks up and down all day too, especially if you go for a resort which advertises a private beach.

The markets can be a bit of headache to be honest, lovely for a walk about to break up the day but I found the locals to be very irritating....not leave you alone when you walk past stuff.

You'll be told about the show in Coco Bongos - make sure you do it, was excellent and you'll be waited on hand in foot if you go the VIP option.

Chichen Itza is must do, bit of a trek. But worth it. The jungle is good too, I enjoyed all that. You can do the swim with Dolphins and Sharks thing too - the latter I'm not ashamed to say I wanted nothing to do with.

Oh yes, it's warm....if you don't take the sun well be very careful. Especially on the old ankles....

Helix.

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 24, 2020, 12:47:37 PM
Quote from: Helix. on January 23, 2020, 08:05:35 PM

Hurricane season starts June, but September onwards is when you'd be most likely. I was there prior, never seen anything but Blue Sky and that was at start of August. Some spot - Plenty of Americans making their presence known mind you which can be tiresome.

Assuming you'd be all inclusive, but eating out wasn't too bad either for a change. Food is fine, if not a bit Americanised at this stage. Local beers are 100% and you'd have no bother drinking them - It's pretty much luxury, as you've ones on the beach hauling cold drinks up and down all day too, especially if you go for a resort which advertises a private beach.

The markets can be a bit of headache to be honest, lovely for a walk about to break up the day but I found the locals to be very irritating....not leave you alone when you walk past stuff.

You'll be told about the show in Coco Bongos - make sure you do it, was excellent and you'll be waited on hand in foot if you go the VIP option.

Chichen Itza is must do, bit of a trek. But worth it. The jungle is good too, I enjoyed all that. You can do the swim with Dolphins and Sharks thing too - the latter I'm not ashamed to say I wanted nothing to do with.

Oh yes, it's warm....if you don't take the sun well be very careful. Especially on the old ankles....

Cheers for that! Humming and hawing to put down deposit for mid August for honeymoon. I hear mighty stuff.

Harold Disgracey

Thinking of going to Montenegro this summer, has anyone been?

SamFever

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2020, 08:55:49 PM
Vilamoura booked, countdown is on. It's great having a target again. My only problem is sorting out the dogs.
Recommend anywhere to stay in Vilamoura?

tyrone girl

We stay in Old Village Apartments. All privately owned but there are rental/management companies on site. Can also get them on the likes of booking.com or Travel Republic.

Have your pick of 1,2, 3,,4,5 bedrooms. Fully furnished etc.

We stay every year and highly recommend. If you want the email for the lady who looks after us give me a shout. She will send u pics of apartment etc to make sure you are happy with it first.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SamFever on January 29, 2020, 10:35:09 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2020, 08:55:49 PM
Recommend anywhere to stay in Vilamoura?

We booked a Villa, but there are 7 going so it works out cheaper, 2 families the kids are adults (well one 17) flights I thought were expensive enough though, but if you can get somewhere near the marina or centre then its best, a friend of mine goes every year, has stayed in the Old Village apartments says its great