The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

No mention here of death of John Bruton. The best I can do is say nothing at all about that man.

weareros

While I disagreed with him on many things, he led a government that brought in divorce after the previous FG/Labour gov lost that referendum in 1986. It felt a big thing emerging from the extremism of the Catholic Church. Ruari Quinn (Lab) in the government brought in the 12.5% corporate tax that went onto transform the Irish economy to this day. The Rainbow Coalition was a decent gov but short on personality that blundered getting re-elected, as couldn't connect with the people while Bertie was out kissing babies. RIP.

seafoid

Quote from: weareros on February 06, 2024, 11:06:41 PMWhile I disagreed with him on many things, he led a government that brought in divorce after the previous FG/Labour gov lost that referendum in 1986. It felt a big thing emerging from the extremism of the Catholic Church. Ruari Quinn (Lab) in the government brought in the 12.5% corporate tax that went onto transform the Irish economy to this day. The Rainbow Coalition was a decent gov but short on personality that blundered getting re-elected, as couldn't connect with the people while Bertie was out kissing babies. RIP.
Bertie was far more charismatic but he tore the arse out of it and when he dies the crash will overwhelm everything else.
Bruton is remembered in very positive terms. Just fancy that . 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

I see a man with strong connections to the blueshirts has been arrested in connection with 33m euro of crystal meth found in Cork port. I'm sure there will be a massive pile in from the nation's media like they would do for a certain other party.