Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 7390535 times)

JoG2

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #58350 on: September 12, 2017, 11:37:36 AM »
Unfortunately a lot of unnecessary negativity has crept in to the content of some recent posters.Let us all concentate on the more positive aspects of Derry football.Slaughtneil as was proven last year are a very a good,accomplished side and will be favourites to collect  another

You can see them pick up another Ulster the way they are going, but on any given Sunday on a heavy sod, anything can happen, like the afternoon Omagh beat Cross against the the odds.

Derry Optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #58351 on: September 12, 2017, 12:20:43 PM »
A lot of unnecessary negativity has crept into some of the recent posters.Let us all concentrate on the more positive aspects of recent games.Let us forget the nastiness,begrudgery and a lack of common decency towards clubs and individuals who have graced Derry football with their dedication and dignity for so long.

I have no doubt that the vast majority of the supporters of both clubs have no time for this type of negative commentary.Sadly however the outspoken comments of a small minority can besmirch the balanced views of the vast majority.

Instead let us give due credit to what Slaughtneil has accomplished so far.By the same token Glen have made outstanding strides at underage level and will  in the near future if they maintain their present progress  surely win a Senior County championship title.

We should all be concentrating on our  great minor side and wish Damiam McErlain and co well in pursuit of All Ireland glory.Then next week we can pursue who we think should be added to our Senior football panel for 2018.Doire Abu.

tonesfirstandlast

• View Profile
« Reply #58352 on: September 12, 2017, 12:36:15 PM »
Unfortunately the man in question did intentionally break pjs leg which isn't surprising as he's a notorious dirt bag. Had his lengthy ban coming as good few years. The GAA as a whole is a better place without the Mcsorleys of the world. Feel sorry for PJ accidents can happen but this was an act of thuggery

Uncle Phil, Tbrick, Screenexile
You have some tool of yoursels 😄😄

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #58353 on: September 12, 2017, 12:59:49 PM »
Unfortunately the man in question did intentionally break pjs leg which isn't surprising as he's a notorious dirt bag. Had his lengthy ban coming as good few years. The GAA as a whole is a better place without the Mcsorleys of the world. Feel sorry for PJ accidents can happen but this was an act of thuggery

Uncle Phil, Tbrick, Screenexile
You have some tool of yoursels 😄😄

What does that mean?
 ::)  ;D ;D ;D

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #58354 on: September 12, 2017, 01:01:38 PM »
A lot of unnecessary negativity has crept into some of the recent posters.Let us all concentrate on the more positive aspects of recent games.Let us forget the nastiness,begrudgery and a lack of common decency towards clubs and individuals who have graced Derry football with their dedication and dignity for so long.

I have no doubt that the vast majority of the supporters of both clubs have no time for this type of negative commentary.Sadly however the outspoken comments of a small minority can besmirch the balanced views of the vast majority.

Instead let us give due credit to what Slaughtneil has accomplished so far.By the same token Glen have made outstanding strides at underage level and will  in the near future if they maintain their present progress surely win a Senior County championship title.

We should all be concentrating on our  great minor side and wish Damiam McErlain and co well in pursuit of All Ireland glory.Then next week we can pursue who we think should be added to our Senior football panel for 2018.Doire Abu.

The only part I'd disagree on is the part in bold. I would say they will surely become more competitive, but I dont think any club can say they will surely win a senior championship. I get what you're saying though.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #58355 on: September 12, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »
Are Derry minors playing a big game this Sunday?

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #58356 on: September 12, 2017, 04:22:11 PM »

Yes. Have you any spare tickets?!

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #58357 on: September 12, 2017, 04:26:20 PM »

Yes. Have you any spare tickets?!

I wish!

The minor final seems to be forgotten about amidst all this slabbering and name calling, its cringe worthy.

Anyway, Up Derry. I'd love them to bring the trophy home.

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #58358 on: September 12, 2017, 08:49:05 PM »
Left Peg, restore pride, a little perspective required. Some facts for you to consider. In the two home league games over the past 2 years, neither Moran nor Gormley sought each other out for handshakes after respective home victories. Moran then suddenlyseeks Enda out after a championship victory when he knows a crowd will be watching the body language. Enda sticks to his principles and refuses the handshake. Opportunism and showboating and false platitudes from Moran.. I'll let you bet he judge of that?
Regarding 93. Enda would have witnessed at close quarters, the behaviour of Moran whilst Coleman was in the states. Moran was a big part of the Derry success and the panel and management would have known that. This is where the humility comes into the equation. That recognition from his peers wasn't sufficient. He saw an opportunity to help remove Coleman and him and h gribben used their position in the co. Board to promote gossip and innuendo regarding Eamon. Loyalty anyone? When challenged by the players about his behaviour, Moran stated that he would step down as interim manager if the players didn't want him. 20 players told him they couldn't play under him after witnessing his treachery yet he still tried to ride it out. Integrity anyone?
Enda would also have seen at first hand, Moran's refusal to manager his home club after 35 years of managing in every other corner of the country. The lure of the silver took him up the road despite being asked by his club to take their seniors. Those are the facts, judge as you see fit.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #58359 on: September 12, 2017, 10:10:38 PM »
Left Peg, restore pride, a little perspective required. Some facts for you to consider. In the two home league games over the past 2 years, neither Moran nor Gormley sought each other out for handshakes after respective home victories. Moran then suddenlyseeks Enda out after a championship victory when he knows a crowd will be watching the body language. Enda sticks to his principles and refuses the handshake. Opportunism and showboating and false platitudes from Moran.. I'll let you bet he judge of that?
Regarding 93. Enda would have witnessed at close quarters, the behaviour of Moran whilst Coleman was in the states. Moran was a big part of the Derry success and the panel and management would have known that. This is where the humility comes into the equation. That recognition from his peers wasn't sufficient. He saw an opportunity to help remove Coleman and him and h gribben used their position in the co. Board to promote gossip and innuendo regarding Eamon. Loyalty anyone? When challenged by the players about his behaviour, Moran stated that he would step down as interim manager if the players didn't want him. 20 players told him they couldn't play under him after witnessing his treachery yet he still tried to ride it out. Integrity anyone?
Enda would also have seen at first hand, Moran's refusal to manager his home club after 35 years of managing in every other corner of the country. The lure of the silver took him up the road despite being asked by his club to take their seniors. Those are the facts, judge as you see fit.

No they are not the facts, they are the facts according to you. Big difference. I have total respect for both, worked with one and played football with the other. Things happen, fallout after an AI win is common place in counties.  Not managing your own club team is not a crime, even if asked. The handshake or not is an over reaction to defeat and victory in a championship semifinal, which I absolutely understand but to question either's commitment to Derry GAA is a red (and white!) line for me. Life will go on, especially on Sunday.

Derry Optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #58360 on: September 12, 2017, 10:13:11 PM »
As I said earlier I think that in the future interest of the whole Derry GAA  community we should move on from rehashing the negativity of the past and instead concentrate on the positivity of the future.No worthwhile Derry GAA cause or no Derry GAA person is best served by such bickering as we have witnessed during the course of the last few days.

Billy Magoo

• View Profile
    • Slaughtneil GAC
« Reply #58361 on: September 12, 2017, 10:18:06 PM »

Hi Ho Silver, tell me this Silver me bucko, if, when he was allegedly asked, he had said yes and he had went on to win 3,   yes 3 Derry titles in a row and 2 Ulster titles in that time with Glen,  do you think the same hostility would be shown to him by Enda or other Glen people? They'd be carrying him up and down Maghera. You need not try to fool anyone into to thinking that the anger shown to King Mickey is anything other pure jealously at what he has helped us achieve.  Up the Robbies!!

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #58362 on: September 12, 2017, 10:52:48 PM »

No they are not the facts, they are the facts according to you. Big difference. I have total respect for both, worked with one and played football with the other. Things happen, fallout after an AI win is common place in counties.  Not managing your own club team is not a crime, even if asked. The handshake or not is an over reaction to defeat and victory in a championship semifinal, which I absolutely understand but to question either's commitment to Derry GAA is a red (and white!) line for me. Life will go on, especially on Sunday.
Please let me know which one of my facts are incorrect Restore? The non handshakes..Moran's behaviour whilst Coleman  was in America then after he took over... his refusal to manage his own club?
And by the way, fallouts after all Ireland wins are not actually that common. Only in Derry could we win or first(and probably only) title and then sack the manager who delivered it. And over what... a few bob of expenses, a bricklayer with no pension goes to America to earn. Petty shit that any other county would have sorted in the blink of an eye. His crime? He lost a straight knockout championship match that was described as the game of the decade. Hang you heads in shame messrs Moran, gribben and shivers.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #58363 on: September 12, 2017, 11:49:27 PM »

Please let me know which one of my facts are incorrect Restore? The non handshakes..Moran's behaviour whilst Coleman  was in America then after he took over... his refusal to manage his own club?
And by the way, fallouts after all Ireland wins are not actually that common. Only in Derry could we win or first(and probably only) title and then sack the manager who delivered it. And over what... a few bob of expenses, a bricklayer with no pension goes to America to earn. Petty shit that any other county would have sorted in the blink of an eye. His crime? He lost a straight knockout championship match that was described as the game of the decade. Hang you heads in shame messrs Moran, gribben and shivers.

If you insist. Name the 20 players.

Buzzkill

• View Profile
« Reply #58364 on: September 13, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »

Silverhill has a problem with Micky and is making up facts to suit his agenda. Fake News indeed.

From my knowledge did Micky not come in a few years ago when a previous manager left and glen were certs for relegation from div 1, he turned things around keeping them in the top division.  And to say thanks for this glen didn't offer him the job for the next season and instead got a man from Belfast.......... I also believe Micky had accepted the Slaughneil job before being approached by glen (who only offered him an interview).

Gormley is a Knob. The language and struts of him at the semi final were laughable and embarrassing.