The North American / Canada GAA and Hurling thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 18, 2007, 08:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 04, 2007, 02:57:43 PM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 30, 2007, 06:47:56 AM
Good news for everyone heading to Chicago this weekend. Temps in the upper 70's with sun, no rain and little wind.

The turf will be in good shape from all the rain the past 2 weeks.

If your looking for good pubs close to the fields there are two in Oak Forest (about 3 minutes away) Mrs. O'Briens pub and Blarney Stone Pub. Just drive straight east from Gaelic Parck to Cicero Ave, South on Cicero Ave about 1.5 miles down is Blarney Stone and another 2 blocks south of that is Mrs. O'Briens.

Although a trip over to Western Ave would be a little bit better. From 99th street down to 115th street is loaded with pubs on the West side of the street.
is that last weekend that the seaon finished ? am heading over on Thurs for a long weekend and would be great if there was still a bit of football on...

also, any reccomendations on good places worth visiting in Chicago ...

which blues place is worth visiting for decent music ?

If you are looking for Blues you could head to Kingston Mines (downtown)

For sight seeing Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium, Sox or Cubs game, Sears Tower or Lincoln Park Zoo.

It all depends on where you are staying, if downtown, all above are easy to get to.

Try a resturant called Oven Grinders by Lincoln Park, its a hidden gem amongst the city. They serve a pizza pot pie (sounds strange) but THE best pizza you will ever find.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AbbeySider

Im in Vancouver right now until next Wednesday!
Any games on ??

lynchbhoy

thanks Gabe & drinkingharp, I am staying downtown, and baseball does interest me.
Will check them out ! thanks

adevvabr

Is it true that there could be a move towards weekend passes in NAB similiar to the system operated previously in NY?Heard that some Boston clubs are favouring such a move. Surely it would be very expensive on clubs and resisted by Croke Park?

Redhandfan

QuoteAnybody know the scores from Boston yesterday? Woould love to know the winners in Senior and Junior A that are coming to Chicago for the weekend..

McAnespies won both
[/quote]

I believe a certain Neil Donaghy of Moy Tir na nOg fame was one of the stars of the Boston Championship.  His midfield displays for the McAnespies helped secure them a third consecutive title.  Donaghy could also be in line for a Boston All-Star award.

lynchbhoy

thanks for the tips lads. Great weekend. Cant beleive we didnt get stopped/charged for the excess weight/items bought in chicago on the way back by Aer lingus.
Nice relaxed City, more to do than Boston, and not as intense as NY.

Carmen Stateside

New York County finals Sunday 30th September

2.00pm Senior B  Offaly vs Down
4.00pm Senior A  Leitrim vs Four Provinces ( Philadelpia)

Good luck to all involved!! More so Down ;)

TyronePhilly

Carmen Stateside, you're missing all the hoopla this weekend around Carrickmore and the Opening of the Nally Stand.....
I assume you're not headed home for this year's big Dinner Dance in November.

What is the admission into Gaelic Park this coming Sunday...no problem, just in case others ask?

Best of Luck to the Mourne Men, Down of New York...with a couple Tyrone men in the mix, for the Senior B
and
Good Luck to the Four Provinces (Donegal of Philadelphia) in the Senior A Final...should be interesting

A couple Tyrone men among the Four Provinces:
Kerrill Winters (Omagh)
Dean O'Neill (Omagh)
Conor O'Donnell (Omagh)
Ciaran Campbell (Ardboe)
Barry Daly (Donaghmore)

TÍR EOGHAIN PHILADELPHIA
http://tyrone.philadelphia.gaa.ie

loughshore lad

Quote from: TyronePhilly on September 28, 2007, 04:28:18 PM

Kerrill Winters (Omagh)
Dean O'Neill (Omagh)
Conor O'Donnell (Omagh)
Ciaran Campbell (Ardboe)
Barry Daly (Donaghmore)

TÍR EOGHAIN PHILADELPHIA

How is Ciaran Campbell (or Bella as he is known) playing? We could be doing with him!

TyronePhilly

I wasn't at the Semi-Final, but I know he has played well all year.

From what I heard about the Semi-Final....Dean O'Neill was man of the match by a long way.

I'm sure Ardboe could use his services...haven't heard for definite if he's headed back to Australia or home.

TÍR EOGHAIN PHILADELPHIA

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: TyronePhilly on September 28, 2007, 04:28:18 PM
Carmen Stateside, you're missing all the hoopla this weekend around Carrickmore and the Opening of the Nally Stand.....
I assume you're not headed home for this year's big Dinner Dance in November.

What is the admission into Gaelic Park this coming Sunday...no problem, just in case others ask?

Best of Luck to the Mourne Men, Down of New York...with a couple Tyrone men in the mix, for the Senior B
and
Good Luck to the Four Provinces (Donegal of Philadelphia) in the Senior A Final...should be interesting

Kerrill Winters (Omagh)
Dean O'Neill (Omagh)
Conor O'Donnell (Omagh)
Ciaran Campbell (Ardboe)
Barry Daly (Donaghmore)

TÍR EOGHAIN PHILADELPHIA

would be great to be at home for it :'(
I would think it will be $20, cheers for the Good luck ;)

As for Dean O Neill he has been one of the best players all year and is a joy to watch playing, Campbell also a very very good player!

behind the wire

thinking of heading out to new york for 2 months in summer 08. what date do you need to be out there for? any contacts would be greatly appreciated.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

The Iceman

anyone heading to the games on Sat? Gonna take a race up myself watch the second half of the under 14's and the All Stars - should be a bit of craic.

Heganboy you going?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

freezin but enjoyable evening's craic at Gaelic Park in the Bronx.  Excelelent pitch and a credit to the club for getting the AllStars over and putting on a great game.  Skill level at times was amazing, despite the conditions, and I was proud to be there.  Where else would you get to see all the best hurlers in Ireland playing against each other.

Good to meet TyronePhilly too!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

theendup

did any1 see the show about the gaa in the USA on RTE, good bit about Chicago Wolfe Tones.