The Masters - 2024

Started by lurganblue, April 09, 2024, 10:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

The best major (IMO) is almost underway again. Who are the fancies?

Is this finally the time for Rory to add the green jacket to his collection?

square_ball

I'll go for Rahm back to back. Though would love to see Rory win it.

I see Stephen Watson has got his annual week away to Augusta from BBC NI anyway.

JPGJOHNNYG

As long as none of the LIV w@nkers win it apart from brooks who seems alright

Applesisapples

Scheffler and Bhatia will be there or there abouts.

Norf Tyrone

There is a guy every year who does analysis the rules out most of the field bar 15 ish. I thought I had him saved but can't find it now. Can anyone recall?

Ludvig Aberg probably gets ruled out by his analysis but might be a shout. I thought he would be a bigger price.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

JohnDenver

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 09, 2024, 11:55:18 AMThere is a guy every year who does analysis the rules out most of the field bar 15 ish. I thought I had him saved but can't find it now. Can anyone recall?

Ludvig Aberg probably gets ruled out by his analysis but might be a shout. I thought he would be a bigger price.

https://www.golfwrx.com/736980/the-22-players-who-can-win-the-masters-3/

Rois

My OH flies out on Thurs to attend Saturday and Sunday.

He won't like that longlist that doesn't include either Rory or Shane, but as long as at least one makes the cut, he'll be OK.   

jcpen

Could be McIlroys year, he has to win one eventually surely?
Hopefully Shane does well also.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

lurganblue

McIlroy just always seems to have 1 horrible round in him at this course over 4 days. 

NAG1

Quote from: lurganblue on April 09, 2024, 02:27:48 PMMcIlroy just always seems to have 1 horrible round in him at this course over 4 days. 

He needs to ensure that horrible round doesn't kill his weekend, he is usually excellent on the Sunday but firing from too far back. Limit the damage on the bad round and put himself in contention and he is as dangerous a competitor as there is in in the field.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: JohnDenver on April 09, 2024, 11:59:15 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 09, 2024, 11:55:18 AMThere is a guy every year who does analysis the rules out most of the field bar 15 ish. I thought I had him saved but can't find it now. Can anyone recall?

https://www.golfwrx.com/736980/the-22-players-who-can-win-the-masters-3/

Deadly.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

screenexile

Quote from: jcpen on April 09, 2024, 01:18:18 PMCould be McIlroys year, he has to win one eventually surely?
Hopefully Shane does well also.

Hopefully he starts by just making the cut... last year was embarrassing really he shouldn't be missing the cut at the Masters!

JPGJOHNNYG

The masters should be perfect for Mcilroy who hits the ball high and long, unfortunately his wedge play and putting in recent yrs has been poor.

lurganblue

A delay because of the weather already.  It does give a good few days though. Could be a difficult day today.

JPGJOHNNYG

Like I said earlier his wedge play can be dog shit :o