Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEL

Big Sean is only worried about big Sean. Always was and always will be. He was out of line stirring it up the week before a big game. Monaghan were better. We do not have an outstanding forward at this moment in time that can hold his own and hit 5/6 points a game. We are average and have to work hard to win every game. Been that way for 3 or 4 years. You men moving deckchairs don't realise that. Finally to single peter harte out shows how bitter men who want Mickey out think. Wise up. Has been one of the only quality players tribe have. Watched him twice this year in the ACL and the abuse he got in both games was incredible as was the referring in both towards him. Would love to see what O'Rourke would do with current squad. But I will not slag the men who are still loyal to the cause. One of the ex tyrone players said after the game it reminded him of the defeat against down where the tyrone supporters destroyed them. He said he has never forgiven the slabbers who shouted abuse that day and patted his back a few months later.

longballin

Quote from: DEL on May 23, 2018, 06:36:41 PM
Big Sean is only worried about big Sean. Always was and always will be. He was out of line stirring it up the week before a big game. Monaghan were better. We do not have an outstanding forward at this moment in time that can hold his own and hit 5/6 points a game. We are average and have to work hard to win every game. Been that way for 3 or 4 years. You men moving deckchairs don't realise that. Finally to single peter harte out shows how bitter men who want Mickey out think. Wise up. Has been one of the only quality players tribe have. Watched him twice this year in the ACL and the abuse he got in both games was incredible as was the referring in both towards him. Would love to see what O'Rourke would do with current squad. But I will not slag the men who are still loyal to the cause. One of the ex tyrone players said after the game it reminded him of the defeat against down where the tyrone supporters destroyed them. He said he has never forgiven the slabbers who shouted abuse that day and patted his back a few months later.

That was all a bit contrived that year about the 'critics'. 2008 when they lost a thriller to Down in a replay in the Marshes. I was there and certainly didn't hear supporters abusing players. Harte was good at creating a siege mentality which gelled the players. As for Sean... it's payback time... Cork semi-final 2009.

DEL

No ex player on about on radio only a week ago.

omagh_gael

Anyone any insight into what actually happened before the Cork semi in 2009?

Therealdonald

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 23, 2018, 10:13:55 PM
Anyone any insight into what actually happened before the Cork semi in 2009?

Cavanagh was sick leading up to the game. There was some to'ing and fro'ing about whether he would play or not. Harte decides he's not playing, tells 1 of the McGuigans, doesn't tell Cavanagh. Said McGuigan then meets Sean in an elevator and asks how he's feeling and is sorry he can't play. That was Seans notice.

omagh_gael

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Therealdonald on May 23, 2018, 06:07:55 PM
Big Sean is 100% right. Harte didn't hold back in his book to sell more copies. So why should Sean? He doesn't need Harte nor never needed him. Fair play to him.

Can't win with some people. If he says nothing he's a boring pundit, says something he's a publicity hunter.

Spot on D, spot on son

Thebigdog

Quote from: DEL on May 23, 2018, 06:36:41 PM
Harte out Harte out Harte out Harte out.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 23, 2018, 11:53:12 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on May 23, 2018, 06:07:55 PM
Big Sean is 100% right. Harte didn't hold back in his book to sell more copies. So why should Sean? He doesn't need Harte nor never needed him. Fair play to him.

Can't win with some people. If he says nothing he's a boring pundit, says something he's a publicity hunter.

Spot on D, spot on son

Agree to an extent, nobody wants a boring pundit. And I don't really think we need another Brolly at least till the current one goes because there is a place for a Brolly type. Sean doesn't appear to have a great relationship with Harte and there maybe some sort of agenda on his behalf that goes back to 2009, and we're all wondering so it will be in his book if you're sceptical. I thought he has been a fair balanced pundit when not talking about Tyrone. (Maybe no love for Mayo either).
Living the dream!!!

trailer

Which players in our team would make any side in Ireland? Colm C, Harte, Sludden and if McAliskey keeps his form up from the weekend then him as well. After that, the others a pretty interchangeable.

Was really impressed with Skeet. He took the fight to Monaghan albeit on his own. Showed leadership and that sprinkling of stardust. If he keeps that form up there's no doubt he can carry Tyrone to the latter stages of the AI.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on May 24, 2018, 09:26:04 AM
Which players in our team would make any side in Ireland? Colm C, Harte, Sludden and if McAliskey keeps his form up from the weekend then him as well. After that, the others a pretty interchangeable.

Was really impressed with Skeet. He took the fight to Monaghan albeit on his own. Showed leadership and that sprinkling of stardust. If he keeps that form up there's no doubt he can carry Tyrone to the latter stages of the AI.

I genuinely doubt if we have any players that start on the Dublin team to be honest - that's the benchmark.

longballin

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2018, 09:32:10 AM

I genuinely doubt if we have any players that start on the Dublin team to be honest - that's the benchmark.

I think Sludden could be worked into the Dublin team but that's about it

Thebigdog

Quote from: longballin on May 24, 2018, 09:42:38 AM

Your speculating from the wrong angle. The question that should be asked is how would Dublin play if Mickey Harte was their manager and how would Tyrone play if Jim Gavin was in charge?

redzone

Surely Harte should be praised for getting so much out this group then if that's the case then. Definitely an air of jealousy among a few critics

longballin

Quote from: redzone on May 24, 2018, 10:15:52 AM

Surely Harte should be praised for getting so much out this group then if that's the case then. Definitely an air of jealousy among a few critics

What has he got out of them... beat very poor Ulster teams. At least Mayo and other teams have a cut when they get to Croke Park, wont beat the Dubs but Harte went to defend a defeat.