The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Syferus on May 27, 2013, 12:00:22 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2013, 11:58:11 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 26, 2013, 10:18:55 PM
Jez, Spillane just would not let O'Hara or Whealan talk about the GPS that Tyrone were using. Poor form! It was one of those if you can't argue just shout him down! And as for the Blanket rant about Limerick..... jez!  :-[
I didn't see the program, wtf is this GPS thing you mention?

Conor Gromley has one on his ankle so he doesn't break bail  :-X
;D
So it's not that Mickey needs the technology to find out where his players are on the pitch?

omagh_gael

If memory serves me right the highlights failed to show SoN's and Matty Donnelly's peaches of scores from the left wing in the first half. Instead we got Spillane talking over the other two boys for 30secs not even allowing them to rebuke his verbal diarrhea.

thejuice

Is the GPS the reason why one of the Tyrone lads was wearing a sports bra or do they all wear them anyway.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

muppet

I didn't watch the Sunday Witch Hunt this weekend.

But I am disappointed to see reports that a footballer I have long admired, called for the resignation of another footballer I used to admire when he played, from the armchair of the weekly Sunday Rant. He may have been correct in everything he said, but National TV is not the place to knife a man.
MWWSI 2017

theticklemister

Whats this about the blanket?

tommysmith

Quote from: muppet on May 27, 2013, 12:34:00 PM
I didn't watch the Sunday Witch Hunt this weekend.

But I am disappointed to see reports that a footballer I have long admired, called for the resignation of another footballer I used to admire when he played, from the armchair of the weekly Sunday Rant. He may have been correct in everything he said, but National TV is not the place to knife a man.

True but he only responded to a question he was asked.

magpie seanie

Ye are so wrong on this guys, trust me.

screenexile

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 27, 2013, 02:42:14 PM
Ye are so wrong on this guys, trust me.

I don't doubt that Walsh has royally fcuked up and that Eamon O'Hara wasn't 100% right in what he was saying. I just don't think the Sunday Game was the place to air those grievances.

Minder

If O'Hara had went to town like that on Micky Harte or another high profile manager he would be out of a job today.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

I would agree.

There are bound to be other forums to air this in.

I know reading some of the crap in the Irish News about boys who are off the panel coming out and complaining about the antrim manager is embarassing.

Though the other journalists, like Des Cahill, are putting boys in this position.

Syferus

There is as a total a disconnect as I have ever seen between the reception by people this actually effects and those looking in on a Sunday night.

bennydorano

Thought O'Hara's response was measured & obviously truthful, didn't think it was vindictive.

yellowcard

Quote from: Minder on May 27, 2013, 02:58:40 PM
If O'Hara had went to town like that on Micky Harte or another high profile manager he would be out of a job today.

I doubt that. Mickey Harte doesn't even talk to RTE.

muppet

Seanie, I respect your opinions on this site and if you and the other genuine Sligo contributors say something is seriously wrong then I will believe it.

I also have tremendous respect what O'Hara has done for his county. His gravitas within the game is undisputed and that is why he quickly went from retirement to being a pundit on TSG.

O'Hara may have made the right call, but it is not the place to do it. Even the Cork strikers and the Mayo car pushers didn't have such a public platform to campaign from, and yet I am fairly sure (certain in the case of Mayo) that they regretted the very public and thus personal nature of their statements.

In a couple of years, if not months, when the heat has gone out of the moment I suspect he will have regrets.

MWWSI 2017