Gaeil Chluana  1-20 3-8 Rasharkin

Antrim Division 3 Hurling

Davitts  1-6  3-4  St. Agnes
Ardoyne  3-9  1-0  Na fuiseoig 
St. Pauls IIs 0-10  2-14 Ballymena
Bredagh lost at home to Cloughmills

Antrim U21 Football Championship

St. Teresas  0-10 1-8 Glenravel
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Keyser_Soze

Anybody at any of the games last night?

Clooney Gaels made awful hard work of it against a poor enough Rasharkin side who I would imagine will struggle big-time in Division 2.

nrico2006

Rasharkin will come straight down again, they will struggle to win a game.  Gorts, tir na nog, carey and cushendun?? will be the teams to beat.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 19, 2007, 10:48:22 AM
Rasharkin will come straight down again, they will struggle to win a game.  Gorts, tir na nog, carey and cushendun?? will be the teams to beat.

What about Armoy, i see they gave Strabane a tanking in Ulster League, in fairness Strabane have lost some top class players to transfers lately  ;)
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

imtommygunn

Who are Na fuiseoig?

Armoy ran the gorts a lot closer than I would have expected them to.

Ahoghill should still have a lot of fitness in there from their all ireland campaign so maybe a bit early to say rasharkin to go straight back down just yet. There's an imbalance in that division 2 though - the strong teams are actually decent(ish) hurling teams while the bottoms teams are actually quite poor. I think the divisions are split well enough though so I suppose not much can be done.

Tony Baloney

Na Fuiseog (The Lark) are based in Twinbrook I think. Better at joy-riding than hurling I'd wager...

nrico2006

QuoteWhat about Armoy, i see they gave Strabane a tanking in Ulster League, in fairness Strabane have lost some top class players to transfers lately

Lol, Aye Armoy beat them well, but apart from stars like Big JM leaving there was only about 6 starting from last years side.  So is Lavey and KL's both out of the league?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 19, 2007, 02:14:07 PM
QuoteWhat about Armoy, i see they gave Strabane a tanking in Ulster League, in fairness Strabane have lost some top class players to transfers lately

Lol, Aye Armoy beat them well, but apart from stars like Big JM leaving there was only about 6 starting from last years side.  So is Lavey and KL's both out of the league?

They have, there isnt enough rioting or assaulting refs at the matches for the Derry boys.

Glensman

Are Na fuiseoig not Larne? I could very well be wrong here.
Hopefully not another team from Twinbrook...scary enough having to go there to play Davitts.

Bredagh did lose at home to Cloughmills in Div 3 as stated earlier - the match was only played due to a magnanimous gesture from St Malachy's who were training on a double booked pitch in Cherryvale.
I have heard that due to long standing politics between Bredagh and St Malachy's they initially weren't going to let Bredagh on the field to play a match (rather let the two teams, Bredagh and Cloughmills, stand fully stripped and watch them train!) but saw sense and very kindly moved their training to behind one of the pitches.
Gestures like that, although the sensible thing to do, aren't too common when club rivalry gets involved in Antrim.
Sounds like from what I have heard about last night that St Malachy's have some decent people behind them. Hopefully the favour can be returned by Bredagh.

Look at me getting all romantic about nice gestures and all...maybe one of the big southern teams from down south could magnanimously (word of the day) let us win a game against them this summer.

clootfromthe21

Larne are Laharna Og I think. Na Fuiseoig are Twinbrook - certainly Belfasties anyway.

Any past (even present) CPC boys here going to the O'Keeffe final on Sunday?

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on April 19, 2007, 03:32:24 PM
Larne are Laharna Og I think. Na Fuiseoig are Twinbrook - certainly Belfasties anyway.

Larne are indeed Latharna Og. Na Fuiseoig (or Bobby Sands GAC, basically) are another Twinbrook-based crowd who entered the hurling League last year to go along with Davitt's and Mitchel's (or O'Mitchel Og as they operate now in hurling - O'Donnell's/Mitchels'/Eire Og) a stupid name but they beat us (Larne) last night

PlayWithTheWind

Na Fuiseoig are a side made up of boys who had previously played hurling with different clubs down the years. basically old men with very limited ability. to be honest i cant see them lasting very long. and yes they do play thier home games at twinbrook!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Guillem2

Division 2 result from yesterday: Glenarm  1-18 0-5 Cushendun. Big win for Glenarm. Were Cushendun missing a few?

Cross & Passion lost the Colleges B final to the school from wexford.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Guillem2 on April 23, 2007, 08:06:54 AM
Division 2 result from yesterday: Glenarm  1-18 0-5 Cushendun. Big win for Glenarm. Were Cushendun missing a few?

Cross & Passion lost the Colleges B final to the school from wexford.

Its not as big a result as you may think, the nucleus of the Cushendun team that was in Div 1 for so many years have all retired this year and they dont really have any young players coming through.

Guillem2

Antrim Division 1 Hurling

Rossa v Sarsfields  @ Rossa 25/04/2007 19:00 Ref: Duffy Garrett 
St. Johns v Lamh Dhearg  @St. Johns 25/04/2007 19:00 Ref: Torney Hugh 
St. Galls v Ballygalget  @ St. Galls 25/04/2007 19:00 Ref: Elliott Owen 
Cushendall v  Ballycastle  @ Cushendall 26/04/2007 19:00 Ref: Matthews Ray 
Dunloy v Glenariff  @ Dunloy 29/04/2007 15:00 Ref: Traynor Francis 
Ballycastle v Loughgiel Shamrocks  @ Ballycastle 29/04/2007 15:00 Ref: Robinson Gerard 
Portaferry v Ballycran  @ Portaferry 29/04/2007 15:00 Ref: McHugh Eugene 
Cushendall v Ballygalget  @ Cushendall 29/04/2007 15:00 Ref: McIntyre Tommy 

Antrim Division 1 Reserve Hurling

Cushendall v Ballycastle @ Cushendall 24/04/2007 19:00 Ref: Thomas Mc Gilligan 
Ballycastle  v Loughgiel Shamrocks @  Ballycastle 29/04/2007 13:30 Ref: Graham Harry 
Portaferry v Ballycran @ Portaferry 29/04/2007 13:30 Ref: Compston Joe 
Cushendall v Ballygalget @ Cushendall 29/04/2007 13:30 Ref: Mitchell Willie 

Antrim Division 2 Hurling

Shane O Neills v Rasharkin @ Shane ONeills 25/04/2007 19:00 Ref: Donnolly Liam 
Tir na Nog v Gaeil Chluana @ Tir na Nog 25/04/2007 19:00 Ref: McCafferty Pat 
Cushendun v Glenravel @ Cushendun 25/04/2007 19:00 Ref: McHenry John 
Armoy v Carey Faughs @ Armoy 29/04/2007 15:00 Ref: O Connell Mick 

Antrim Division 3 Hurling  
Ardoyne v St. Pauls 2 @ Mallusk 25/04/2007 19:00 Ref: Carroll Gerry 
Davitts v  Na fuiseoig @ Twinbrook 25/04/2007 19:00 Ref: Reilly Terry 
St. Endas v St. Agnes @ St. Endas 25/04/2007 19:00 Ref: Quinn Liam 
Creggan Gaels v Sarsfields 2 @ Creggan Gaels 25/04/2007 19:00 Ref: Watson Damien 
O Mitchel Og v St. Teresas @ St. Teresas 25/04/2007 19:00 Ref: Goodman Noel