Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeythelips

Quote from: clonadmad on April 29, 2017, 11:28:19 AM
I have to laugh when I see the phrases "a few clowns" or "small minority" in relation to Clonaslee,there seem to be an issue with them in every grade from u8's upwards

As another poster said earlier,every time there's a game against them, there's hassle at best.

So Clonaslee produce nothing of quality, just a bunch of scumbags is it? They actually have a great sporting reputation down the years. I know plenty of people from there and as been said on this thread its a small percentage of people who are spoiling it for the rest.

clonadmad

Quote from: Joeythelips on April 29, 2017, 02:13:00 PM
I have to laugh when I see the phrases "a few clowns" or "small minority" in relation to Clonaslee,there seem to be an issue with them in every grade from u8's upwards

As another poster said earlier,every time there's a game against them, there's hassle at best.

So Clonaslee produce nothing of quality, just a bunch of scumbags is it? They actually have a great sporting reputation down the years. I know plenty of people from there and as been said on this thread its a small percentage of people who are spoiling it for the rest.

get off your high horse and spare me the faux outrage,they have a litany of serious offences the length of your arm,maybe the "plenty of people" you know should put their foot down and call a halt to the behaviour of the "few"

Cruella De Vil

Quote from: clonadmad on April 29, 2017, 03:08:25 PM

get off your high horse and spare me the faux outrage,they have a litany of serious offences the length of your arm,maybe the "plenty of people" you know should put their foot down and call a halt to the behaviour of the "few"

+1 clonadmad, 100% correct.

If the majority were outraged & embarrassed by this stuff all the time, surely they would have the will and means democratically to oust the "few", if it were just a few. If you accept acting the maggot at underage, you create the monster.

Don Draper

I suspect you may have skin in the game here, but I'll humor you. At this point, any positives they have provided to the county have been HUGELY outweighed by their despicable carryon. If all these good people you know were to stand up and take back their club, the problem would be solved. Their inaction damns them.

Joeythelips

Quote from: Don Draper on April 29, 2017, 10:35:32 PM

I suspect you may have skin in the game here, but I'll humor you. At this point, any positives they have provided to the county have been HUGELY outweighed by their despicable carryon. If all these good people you know were to stand up and take back their club, the problem would be solved. Their inaction damns them.

I have no 'skin in the game' like the rest of you all I would hope that Clonslee clean up their act and get rid of the element within the club that is the root cause of this type of carry on, because the path they are on will lead to a draconian ban of several years from all competitions. As i said originally my wish would be to see all acts of violence on GAA pitches to be punished in a court of law rather than by county boards.

Dave like the tv channel

Why not both? Are you saying that the courts are bound by the rulings of our CB?

clonadmad

I see from this weeks Leinster that the 15 year old that was struck in the Clonaslee game had to be re-admitted to hospital

Tintin84

Also I hear the game against Clonaslee and Rosenallis u16 football went off without any incident, Think the big talking point was that the lad that got injured is out for up to 3 months and the players that were so called suspended were playing last night against Rosenallis, Doesn't make much sense does it?

Joeythelips

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on May 04, 2017, 12:22:47 AM
Why not both? Are you saying that the courts are bound by the rulings of our CB?
Of course both but a lot of people are giving out that the county board are not dealing with it properly, but they have given serious bans and fines on previous occasions. But as was my original point, violent incidents like these during or after games rarely end up with charges against the assailant. If all players knew there was a good chance they would face a criminal conviction if they were involved in such incidents they would stop very quickly. The problem is we still have this as part of the culture of gaelic games that a fight or melee's are acceptable. Our games have plenty of physicality allowed in the rules without resorting to such nonsense.

BobbyBoucherJr

The Clonaslee-St Manman's player who was named as re-entering the pitch and starting the melee had been previously sent off in the first half due a second yellow card minor infraction and was in fact togged in and standing in the dug outs behind his mentor when the melee began.

"In the referee's report, it is alleged that Clonaslee parents entered the field of play after the whistle was blown and had contributed to the melee.

"While we acknowledge some parents did enter the pitch, it was only to remove their children from the pitch as three of our players indicated they were assaulted. The players in question have now all made statements which will be forwarded to the children's officer.

As previously stated, the melee did not start as a result of a Clonaslee player re-entering the field of play. It was in fact started by an off-the-ball incident involving a Clonaslee and Rosenallis player.

"At that point, players from both clubs were involved in the incident and it was at this point that the referee abandoned the game, with a scoreline of Clonaslee 4-9 and Rosenallis 1-8.

"The injured Rosenallis player remained on the pitch with his mother, mentor and a registered nurse, who is a mother of a Clonaslee player and who provided medical assistance.

"She assured that the injured player had sustained an injury but was lucid, talking and at no point unconscious as was inaccurately reported in some media.

"This statement from Clonaslee-St Manman's is as a result of an investigation by our club, where statements have been taken and are being forwarded to relevant authorities.

"It is with regret that Clonaslee-St Manman's GAA Club find it necessary to release a statement of this nature to defend our juveniles against the inaccuracies reported by some sections of the media and on social media.

Don Draper

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on May 10, 2017, 08:47:55 AM
The Clonaslee-St Manman's player who was named as re-entering the pitch and starting the melee had been previously sent off in the first half due a second yellow card minor infraction and was in fact togged in and standing in the dug outs behind his mentor when the melee began.

"In the referee's report, it is alleged that Clonaslee parents entered the field of play after the whistle was blown and had contributed to the melee.

"While we acknowledge some parents did enter the pitch, it was only to remove their children from the pitch as three of our players indicated they were assaulted. The players in question have now all made statements which will be forwarded to the children's officer.

As previously stated, the melee did not start as a result of a Clonaslee player re-entering the field of play. It was in fact started by an off-the-ball incident involving a Clonaslee and Rosenallis player.

"At that point, players from both clubs were involved in the incident and it was at this point that the referee abandoned the game, with a scoreline of Clonaslee 4-9 and Rosenallis 1-8.

"The injured Rosenallis player remained on the pitch with his mother, mentor and a registered nurse, who is a mother of a Clonaslee player and who provided medical assistance.

"She assured that the injured player had sustained an injury but was lucid, talking and at no point unconscious as was inaccurately reported in some media.

"This statement from Clonaslee-St Manman's is as a result of an investigation by our club, where statements have been taken and are being forwarded to relevant authorities.

"It is with regret that Clonaslee-St Manman's GAA Club find it necessary to release a statement of this nature to defend our juveniles against the inaccuracies reported by some sections of the media and on social media.

So to summarise

Never

Our

Fault

clonadmad

Casting doubt on the contents of the refs report and then turning on the meeja,as an excercise in passing the buck and deflection.

I'd give it a 7/10

Marks lost for not wishing the Rosenallis youngster a speedy recovery and not mentioning that Clonaslee doesn't support or condone foul play in any shape or form

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: clonadmad on May 10, 2017, 10:55:49 AM
Clonaslee doesn't support or condone foul play in any shape or form

Well, they probably didn't want to take the p*ss too much.

hurlingmad

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on May 10, 2017, 08:47:55 AM

Might aswell of said it was the young lads fault for having a soft head and it should of been at least a free...bull

Don Draper

Lads, lads, lads, cant ye see, Clonaslee have launched their own investigation into the matter. Trust them to handle this in the correct manner please.