FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on January 19, 2015, 03:33:39 PM
Quote from: moysider on January 19, 2015, 03:26:25 PM
Whatever Sy.
I suspected the jig was up when I saw team named and used my afternoon more productively.
We re as well out of it especially with Galway in final. We ll be seeing them soon enough.
Not sure management have learned much. Yesterday was probably a chance for a couple of lads to play themselves out of contention. Ros. have probably done us a couple of favours.

Ye named seven starters from last year and brought on two more, it was hardly a team sent out to lose. We didn't have lads like Cregg, Conor Daly, David Keenan featuring at all, nevermind injuries, so it's hardly like we named our best team in some attempt to beat the shite out of Mayo in an FBD match (!) in January.

From the way all the news reports have been written you'd swear we'd been training the last two months with January 18th circled on the calendar. Everyone in the county knows that the Cavan match is the only one with real meaning.
There's a big smothering risk in that game- does the bus have oxygen tanks ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Mayo vs Ros in championship is 33 Mayo, 22 Ros and 2 draws so not a huge difference over time

http://gaelicstats.com/head-to-head/

Ros are going through a bit of a fallow period when FBD is exciting.

moysider

Whatever Sy.
I suspected the jig was up when I saw team named and used my afternoon more productively.
We re as well out of it especially with Galway in final. We ll be seeing them soon enough.
Not sure management have learned much. Yesterday was probably a chance for a couple of lads to play themselves out of contention. Ros. have probably done us a couple of favours.

Ye named seven starters from last year and brought on two more, it was hardly a team sent out to lose. We didn't have lads like Cregg, Conor Daly, David Keenan featuring at all, nevermind injuries, so it's hardly like we named our best team in some attempt to beat the shite out of Mayo in an FBD match (!) in January.

From the way all the news reports have been written you'd swear we'd been training the last two months with January 18th circled on the calendar. Everyone in the county knows that the Cavan match is the only one with real meaning.

Not going to have a cheap shot here at lads selected for the county but I m sure Mayo posters here who have been at games regularly will know what I mean.

seafoid

I had another look at the championship stats

Mayo and Galway are more or less neck and neck

Galway 40
Mayo 37
Draws 7

Ros win around  39% of matches against Mayo GHUbarb

Mayo 33
Ros 22
Draws 2

But even though Galway are more or less as successful as Mayo head to head,  Ros only manage to win around 31% of matches

Galway 36
Ros  19
Draws 6

So maybe Ros get too excited about beating Mayo and are more likely to lose the mojo at the sight of maroon.

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on January 19, 2015, 08:19:30 PM
I had another look at the championship stats

Mayo and Galway are more or less neck and neck

Galway 40
Mayo 37
Draws 7

Ros win around  39% of matches against Mayo GHUbarb

Mayo 33
Ros 22
Draws 2

But even though Galway are more or less as successful as Mayo head to head,  Ros only manage to win around 31% of matches

Galway 36
Ros  19
Draws 6

So maybe Ros get too excited about beating Mayo and are more likely to lose the mojo at the sight of maroon.

I read that as us still owing them some beatings!
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Aren't we lucky us mere mortals are even let play on the same pitch as those 2 super powers
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Sunday 2:15pm in Kiltoom for the Galway extravaganza. We had to shunt the Kerry and Tyrone junior champions out of 'Toom (AISF) and everything to make room for the Fancy Dans.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Tubberman on January 19, 2015, 03:42:46 PM
Whatever Sy.

Ye named seven starters from last year and brought on two more, it was hardly a team sent out to lose. We didn't have lads like Cregg, Conor Daly, David Keenan featuring at all, nevermind injuries, so it's hardly like we named our best team in some attempt to beat the shite out of Mayo in an FBD (!) in January.

Syferus, Roscommon are the undoubted best team in Connacht, if not Ireland. That's been borne out by yesterday's result in a win-at-all-costs, winner-takes-all FBD semi-final in January. I apologise for any equivocation by my Mayo brethren.
Will that suffice?

Ye were lucky Cregger and the two shiners weren't playing or else it would be a cricket score not to mention Higgins who is all of a sudden Jack O'Shea and Darragh O'Se all rolled into one, its obvious at this early stage that Roscommon are going to win Sam so why bother going through the formalities, give them Sam sunday as well and we can all have the summer off for club football.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

James Horan not impressed way that Mayo got beaten up in the physical encounter - like anybody with a bit of sense he doesn t mind the score.

'every melee was started and finished by a Roscommon player whilst Mayo were second in everything - and that was a surprise'.

2 things stand out for me in this.
Pat Holmes, with his previous, could have done without a beating of this nature from Ros. You can make of that what you want.
Roscommon have shown intent early and if Mayo cant respond next time, forget about it.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 19, 2015, 11:29:32 PM

James Horan not impressed way that Mayo got beaten up in the physical encounter - like anybody with a bit of sense he doesn t mind the score.

'every melee was started and finished by a Roscommon player whilst Mayo were second in everything - and that was a surprise'.

Pat Holmes, with his previous, could have done without a beating of this nature from Ros. You can make of that what you want.
Roscommon have shown intent early and if Mayo cant respond next time, forget about it.

Only one thing stands out to me in the above - Jamesy boy giving C&H a bit of the boot in the first brave weeks of January, still only weeks removed from their controversial appointment. Don't like to see the last man in the hot-seat rabbiting on about the team and his successors like this. But given it's Mayo I'd be glad to see it continue all year.

Is Horan auditioning for a Sky or Sunday Game gig?

Oh, and us being physical - again handbags at the point in the match when it had started to look very bleak for Mayo - would be a response to our meakness against Armagh last July and feck all to do with Mayo, a team we coped plenty well with last year.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on January 19, 2015, 11:40:45 PM

Only one thing stands out to me in the above - Jamesy boy giving C&H a bit of the boot in the first brave weeks of January, still only weeks removed from their controversial appointment. Don't like to see the last man in the hot-seat rabbiting on about the team and his successors like this. But given it's Mayo I'd be glad to see it continue all year.

Oh, and us being physical - again handbags at the point in the match when it had started to look very bleak for Mayo - would be a response to our meakness against Armagh last July and feck all to do with Mayo, a team we coped plenty well with last year.

Eh? Armagh?

I'm sure JH has no agenda with the incoming. Why would he? He played with the new boys and had walked away.
Now apart from Horan I ve had feedback from a few who were there. You re the only one that has used the 'handbags' shite. Looks like Ros decided to bring an edge and we didn't and got beaten up. Like I said Holmes cannot be happy getting ambushed like that again. It s not a catastrophe for us; more like an itch when he was appointed that has developed into a twitch.
James Horan was in no way bitchy in his column about the new Holmes era. He pointed out us being bullied out of it last day but that was only a fraction of a very thorough analysis imo.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 20, 2015, 12:05:23 AM

Eh? Armagh?

I'm sure JH has no agenda with the incoming. Why would he? He played with the new boys and had walked away.
Now apart from Horan I ve had feedback from a few who were there. You re the only one that has used the 'handbags' shite. Looks like Ros decided to bring an edge and we didn't and got beaten up. Like I said Holmes cannot be happy getting ambushed like that again. It s not a catastrophe for us; more like an itch when he was appointed that has developed into a twitch.
James Horan was in no way bitchy in his column about the new Holmes era. He pointed out us being bullied out of it last day but that was only a fraction of a very thorough analysis imo.

It was nearly all pulling and dragging. One of the Mayo lads decided to front up to our keeper while a melee was happening at midfield and he got fûcked into the net. Anyone could tell you that was the extent of nearly all of it. The worst even the Mayo supporters could must at the match was complaining about DO'C being took to the ground in one of the melees. Some of the Mayo players must have been awful excited about the Conor McGregor fight such was the desire of one of the Rhus to mount a Roscommon player on the ground MMA-style. You'd swear Mayo sat back and lost their nerve at the totally-unexpected physical exchanges in a football match. They didn't.

The match was well over by the time most of those 'physical' encounters occurred so if we had some agenda to send a message we wouldn't start be it after we'd pretty much won the match by, y'know, playing football.

Horan doesn't need to be bitchy or even mean ill to prove a massive distraction; he's the yard stick C&H will be judged against and the stick they'll be beaten with if they fail. It's hard to see how him talking benefits Mayo at all. Horan has made a severe miscalulation if he doesn't think every word he says against the Mayo seniors carries massive weight both in and outside Mayo. He's walking an incredibly thin tightrope if he wants to be a straight-talking gunslinger. I think he's already fell off the tightrope if that was his reaction to an FBD league game.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on January 19, 2015, 09:04:47 PM
Aren't we lucky us mere mortals are even let play on the same pitch as those 2 super powers
look at longford or westmeath and be thankful

The last time Mayo won a few all irelands Ros got in on the act as well.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on January 20, 2015, 01:39:41 AM
Quote from: moysider on January 20, 2015, 12:05:23 AM

Eh? Armagh?

It was nearly all pulling and dragging. One of the Mayo lads decided to front up to our keeper while a melee was happening at midfield and he got fûcked into the net. Anyone could tell you that was the extent of nearly all of it. The worst even the Mayo supporters could must at the match was complaining about DO'C being took to the ground in one of the melees. Some of the Mayo players must have been awful excited about the Conor McGregor fight such was the desire of one of the Rhus to mount a Roscommon player on the ground MMA-style. You'd swear Mayo sat back and lost their nerve at the totally-unexpected physical exchanges in a football match. They didn't.

The match was well over by the time most of those 'physical' encounters occurred so if we had some agenda to send a message we wouldn't start be it after we'd pretty much won the match by, y'know, playing football.

Horan doesn't need to be bitchy or even mean ill to prove a massive distraction; he's the yard stick C&H will be judged against and the stick they'll be beaten with if they fail. It's hard to see how him talking benefits Mayo at all. Horan has made a severe miscalulation if he doesn't think every word he says against the Mayo seniors carries massive weight both in and outside Mayo. He's walking an incredibly thin tightrope if he wants to be a straight-talking gunslinger. I think he's already fell off the tightrope if that was his reaction to an FBD league game.

The amount of bullshit you can type on a continual basis is staggering.
You seem to be under the impression Horan has some hidden agenda and is trying to mind-f**k someone with every word he utters or types. You were on that rubbish last year as well after every interview he did.
As for the MMA and "mounting" blather, you've lost the run of yourself completely, especially when you try to sound condescending about Ros winning an FBD game in January. Remember who the reigning FBD winners of the past two years are, buck?

Having got that off my chest, the place would be duller without you, especially when Ros flatter to deceive in summer :P
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."