Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Sure its not all about money good luck to anyone who goes,good learning experience imo.

Tyrone95

Quote from: skeog on April 04, 2019, 12:52:25 PM
Sure its not all about money good luck to anyone who goes,good learning experience imo.
I didn't say it wasn't a great learning experience or anything but the rumoured wage packets such county/ex-county players get may just make the trip over that bit more appealing.

youhavenofans

Quote from: Tyrone95 on April 04, 2019, 01:47:51 PM
Quote from: skeog on April 04, 2019, 12:52:25 PM
I didn't say it wasn't a great learning experience or anything but the rumoured wage packets such county/ex-county players get may just make the trip over that bit more appealing.

great point - we have never had that one on the forum before   :-X

GaaFanatic123

Young people for years and years going travelling but god forbid when a footballer decides to go!!
Fair play to him and right he is!! Id be pretty sure he's getting at least 15k for going considering what other players have been getting and the fact he's going over there as someone who just dropped of the Tyrone team and been on it for years and played last year in a year they got to an all Ireland final, he would be known all over aswel!

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on April 04, 2019, 02:11:38 PM
Young people for years and years going travelling but god forbid when a footballer decides to go!!
Fair play to him and right he is!! Id be pretty sure he's getting at least 15k for going considering what other players have been getting and the fact he's going over there as someone who just dropped of the Tyrone team and been on it for years and played last year in a year they got to an all Ireland final, he would be known all over aswel!

Nice to see Ronan's mum contributing to the forum

Angelo

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on April 04, 2019, 02:11:38 PM

I don't see anyone giving him a hard time for it?

It's a good chance for him to get something back from the game as injuries and the changing nature of the game have prohibited him from delivering on the natural talent he had.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BIGONE

Pretty nasty video circulating of a Trillick player headbutting a Tattyreagh player after being 3rd man tackled. Referee looking straight at it and took no action? It was a black and a red from what I saw.

southtyronegael

Quote from: BIGONE on April 05, 2019, 08:45:22 AM
Pretty nasty video circulating of a Trillick player headbutting a Tattyreagh player after being 3rd man tackled. Referee looking straight at it and took no action? It was a black and a red from what I saw.
seen it. Was a county player too. Straight head butt ref standing looking at it but took no action.lol

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 05, 2019, 11:32:23 AM
Quote from: BIGONE on April 05, 2019, 08:45:22 AM
seen it. Was a county player too. Straight head butt ref standing looking at it but took no action.lol

Different rules then, nothing to see here.

bogball88

Seen it. What struck me was the delayed reaction of the player falling down after minimal contact

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: bogball88 on April 05, 2019, 11:56:07 AM
Seen it. What struck me was the delayed reaction of the player falling down after minimal contact

He must have hit some sort of a nerve aswel as he seemed to catch him around the nose/middle head but he went down holding his forehead...

In hiding

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on April 05, 2019, 12:24:51 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on April 05, 2019, 11:56:07 AM

He must have hit some sort of a nerve aswel as he seemed to catch him around the nose/middle head but he went down holding his forehead...

After reading the above two posts I had to go back to look at the video just to check I hadn't missed something. Minimal contact? Are you serious?
That's a massive part of what is wrong with football. If any lad headbutts another for absolutely no reason, he should be called out and punished. Here we have people criticising the victim because they seem to holding the wrong part of their head.
Be interested in your opinions if it was your brother/son who had been on the receiving end

southtyronegael

Agree with in hiding here. Even if he didn't make contact he clearly threw his head at him which is a straight red anyway. Not sure why anyone would try to defend an act of thuggery like that.

laceer

He was wrong, can't defend throwing the head at someone but I wonder how many times his run was blocked illegally up until then? Contact looked minimal and exaggerated by the Tatts man. Still a red.

Mikhailov

Have seen the video clip.

Irrespective of your view on whether it was red or not (I think it was a red) the role of the referee in this is not great. He is a poor referee in my opinion and this further illustrates that viewpoint.

He is 5 yards away and looking directly at the incident, he clearly sees the 'head butt' but still allows play to continue until he hears some shouting from players and supporters. Then he gets involved.

This ref always causes me concern when I see him turn up at our place.....anything is liable to happen!