Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Peter Harte hit a hat trick so I doubt anyone on the day could have been much better than that  :-\

Gaafan2

Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 01, 2019, 12:47:01 PM
Peter Harte hit a hat trick so I doubt anyone on the day could have been much better than that  :-\

Were Errigal very good or Carmen poor?

Wee Roddy

Canavan was better, a lot better infact. Harte scored 2 penalties and a tap in goal that Canavan created, although Harte had not got a bad game either.

GJL

Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 01, 2019, 12:50:37 PM

Canavan was better, a lot better infact. Harte scored 2 penalties and a tap in goal that Canavan created, although Harte had not got a bad game either.

Both were excellent in different ways. Took Errigal about 10 minutes to get going but after that they were the better team by quite a bit. Darragh was unmarkable at times. Good start to the season.

Redhand Santa

Few big results in division 1 with Dungannon beating Killyclogher and the Moy going to Ardboe and winning. Rest of the results were probably predictable enough, Derrylaughen following up a good year last year with a good point against Coalisland. Errigal and Trillick on form can blow teams away like yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if Canavan makes an impact for the county team during the summer. He was hit in miss early in the year but with 6 months training behind him and the drier ground he could be a real handful for teams.

The Golden Years

Quote from: The Bearded One on April 01, 2019, 10:55:28 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on April 01, 2019, 10:41:33 AM
Dare i say it, but is Darragh Canavan going to be a better player than his father?

I take it he stood out?

First time i seen him play at senior level and he was a class above.  In saying that our defence is not the greatest!  :(

The Golden Years

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 01, 2019, 11:05:38 AM
Dare i say it, but is Darragh Canavan going to be a better player than his father?

Might be a 'better player'. Will never have the same holding in the game. That's just something that'll hang over him forever.

I take your word on that.  You have lost me.  :-\

The Golden Years

Quote from: gaafan2 on April 01, 2019, 12:50:31 PM

Were Errigal very good or Carmen poor?

A bit of both if i am to be honest.  We dont have the players in that middle 20 age bracket that should be hitting their peak.  8 of our starting team was under 23 yesterday with another 5 over 30.  Errigal will take a lot of stopping the year especially if Harte and Canavan are in form in their forward line.  Their midfield is their achilles heel i feel though.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: The Golden Years on April 01, 2019, 02:23:22 PM

Might be a 'better player'. Will never have the same holding in the game. That's just something that'll hang over him forever.

Peter Canavan will always be Peter Canavan in the GAA. That is there forever....Darragh Canavan might be slightly more flashier, might even be a bit classier....but he'll never be his da....same way David Moran is probably a better player than his da but he'll never be Ogie Moran.

It's no insult, it's just their names are in the GAA forever - both will have to do something utterly special to even get close.

The Golden Years

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 01, 2019, 02:38:52 PM

Peter Canavan will always be Peter Canavan in the GAA. That is there forever....Darragh Canavan might be slightly more flashier, might even be a bit classier....but he'll never be his da....same way David Moran is probably a better player than his da but he'll never be Ogie Moran.

It's no insult, it's just their names are in the GAA forever - both will have to do something utterly special to even get close.

Right,  if you say so again.  Have your own wee debate there in your head.  I am on about footballing ability.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: The Golden Years on April 01, 2019, 03:33:01 PM

Right,  if you say so again.  Have your own wee debate there in your head.  I am on about footballing ability.

You are comparing the ability arguably one of the greatest ever Gaelic Footballers to a 18/19 year old who has given an average at best Carrickmore side the run around - I'm not disagreeing with you that he's talented, I'm not even disagreeing with you he could be a better player (anything is possible). I'm saying, let's have some context here, a few show and goes v poor Carrickmore teams doesn't quite stack up just yet. No need for the hyperbole on a club game.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 01, 2019, 04:31:18 PM

You are comparing the ability arguably one of the greatest ever Gaelic Footballers to a 18/19 year old who has given an average at best Carrickmore side the run around - I'm not disagreeing with you that he's talented, I'm not even disagreeing with you he could be a better player (anything is possible). I'm saying, let's have some context here, a few show and goes v poor Carrickmore teams doesn't quite stack up just yet. No need for the hyperbole on a club game.

To be fair I don't think you made your point very well above. But I would agree it's much too early for comparisons with Peter. I think at this stage we can be excited for the lads potential and I look forward to seeing him develop over the next few years.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 01, 2019, 04:31:18 PM

Yeah you werent saying that at all tbh, your argument seemed to be saying he wouldnt be as good as Peter because Peter was Peter was what i read

But thanks for the clarification

skeog

Ronan o Neill heading Stateside for the summer good luck to him.

Tyrone95

Quote from: skeog on April 03, 2019, 04:53:38 PM
Ronan o Neill heading Stateside for the summer good luck to him.
Big loss for omagh.. won't be the only player heading that direction this summer i'd imagine.  Money talks