Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Never heard of it tbh but might avail of it in a few weeks if it's saves us a bit of time.  What I read was Dublin and Cork.  Notvsure if its available in belfast

snoopdog

Quote from: An Watcher on July 15, 2022, 10:45:19 PM
Anyone ever use the evening before bag drop at dublin airport?  Sounds like a good job to save a few minutes the morning of your flight
I've used it a couple of times pre covid flying ryanair early morning flights.  I headed out for about 8.30pm and the place was empty. Bags dropped off in minutes. It was a really good service. No idea if it's still the same though.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Anyone ever use the evening before bag drop at dublin airport?  Sounds like a good job to save a few minutes the morning of your flight

Used it about ten days ago. Well worth doing. Parked in short term car park, straight across to the bag drop, no queues. Back to the car inside fifteen minutes.

The check in / bag drop queues the next morning were awful. For those in them.

An Watcher

That'll do for me.  Cheers

Hound

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 17, 2022, 11:55:29 AM

Used it about ten days ago. Well worth doing. Parked in short term car park, straight across to the bag drop, no queues. Back to the car inside fifteen minutes.

How much was the car park for 15 mins?

I presume that was AL. I understand Ryanair aren't offering it at the moment

Harold Disgracey

Have booked a few days in Cascais in Portugal for the middle of August, anyone ever been? Any recommendations for a day trip to Lisbon?

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Hound on July 17, 2022, 09:34:39 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 17, 2022, 11:55:29 AM

How much was the car park for 15 mins?

I presume that was AL. I understand Ryanair aren't offering it at the moment

I think it was €3.50 for the first hour. Yes, it was AL.

galwayman

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 19, 2022, 11:09:21 PM
Have booked a few days in Cascais in Portugal for the middle of August, anyone ever been? Any recommendations for a day trip to Lisbon?
We spent 4 nights there in early June this year. It's a lovely little town.
We got the train into Lisbon one of the days - very easily done. Now all we did in the city was get breakfast & bring the kids to the aquarium (and cable car) because they were wrecked tired and falling asleep after that.
Would have liked to have seen more but our time was limited.
It's very picturesque to just stroll around, grab coffee. Very relaxed. The marina area is nice - looks to be some relatively new development going on there - good few restaurants etc.
There isn't a huge amount to do but t's a nice place to chill out for a few days.

Rois

We went to Caiscais a little later in June - my second time. Perfect for combining beach with city break. We got the train too. You can do a tour by rickshaw if Lisbon - they will even theme it as you like (eg focus on food, wine etc). We visited Benfica's stadium - you can get food or a drink looking out on the stadium if you time it right (we didn't, they were closing).
We also went out to Sintra - old palace town place - not for kids but worth a look.
Some of the restaurants in the main touristy area of Cascais are overpriced, but there are some other lovely ones further up the hills (you'll know what I mean).

Where are you staying? We stayed at Miragem hotel, it was brilliant.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Rois on July 20, 2022, 04:48:04 PM
We went to Caiscais a little later in June - my second time. Perfect for combining beach with city break. We got the train too. You can do a tour by rickshaw if Lisbon - they will even theme it as you like (eg focus on food, wine etc). We visited Benfica's stadium - you can get food or a drink looking out on the stadium if you time it right (we didn't, they were closing).
We also went out to Sintra - old palace town place - not for kids but worth a look.
Some of the restaurants in the main touristy area of Cascais are overpriced, but there are some other lovely ones further up the hills (you'll know what I mean).

I'm staying at the Miragem as well! I'm taking my kids, 21 & 19 so will probably go Sintra as well as a day trip to Lisbon.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 20, 2022, 05:09:32 PM

I'm staying at the Miragem as well! I'm taking my kids, 21 & 19 so will probably go Sintra as well as a day trip to Lisbon.
Cost of living crisis? What crisis lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2022, 06:09:45 PM

Ha ha! Haven't had a holiday in 3 years! I deserve this.

Milltown Row2

I hear ya... my kids decided to go on their own hols this year.. it's bliss ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 20, 2022, 06:18:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2022, 06:09:45 PM

Ha ha! Haven't had a holiday in 3 years! I deserve this.
And my trip was postponed from 2020, was a delayed 40th trip with the girls (plus my second baby in the meantime and my mother  ;D ), and we'd saved £40 a month since 2016 to make it seem free.

Milltown Row2

Well if it's anything like this five star bring loads of money lol!!