Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on June 21, 2014, 10:35:02 PM
Perpignan. Same every year,  they're like the postmen at Christmas used to be here. Upping the ante this year the shower of cheese eating surrender monkey c***ts. I'll know one way or the other Monday (flying Friday).

You could try to switch to Barcelona or Girona, and get the train up, depending on how the particular airline deals with the strike.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: The_Beard on June 13, 2014, 01:36:12 PM
Looking to book a hotel for a short family break, 2 or 3 nights. Needs to be somewhere in or around the midlands, certainly no further south than Portlaoise and must have a swimming pool.

Any ideas?
The Sheraton in Athlone .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bennydorano

Quote from: muppet on June 24, 2014, 05:34:55 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 21, 2014, 10:35:02 PM
Perpignan. Same every year,  they're like the postmen at Christmas used to be here. Upping the ante this year the shower of cheese eating surrender monkey c***ts. I'll know one way or the other Monday (flying Friday).

You could try to switch to Barcelona or Girona, and get the train up, depending on how the particular airline deals with the strike.
It's not looking good at the minute (flight to Perp went today, but is among 200 cancelled tomorrow) and they seem to have a scattergun approach to what is being cancelled, so that isn't really an option. I will only know if my flight has been cancelled on Thursday evening and if it's not at that point, there's a strong possibility that I could still be travelling from Belfast on Friday morning with the real prospect of being left stranded in London as the cancellations are fluid and we've no return flight booked until 9th July.  My big hope is that they've sacrificed the flight to Perp tomorrow and might save the flight on Friday as it's full.

The sickening thing is that since I posted that on Sunday night one of the Unions went back to work and it was meant to ease the problem down to 20% of effected flights.  Ryanair are sending out mixed signals too, from the stuff I've read from their sources they would leave you to believe it should ease from Friday (not the official line), but I don't know where they are getting their info from.

I know it's sucking the fun out of it, the anticipation is nearly as good as the holiday itself. 

bennydorano

Strike over thank fook.

Rois

Quote from: bennydorano on June 25, 2014, 09:33:04 PM
Strike over thank fook.
I thought of you when I heard this! Happy days, go and enjoy the holidays now. Out of interest, is it a nice area to visit?

I'm flying to Geneva next Sun to get married in the Alps and I was hoping for this news sooner rather than later.

bennydorano

I probably didn't see too much of the area tbh, but it is gorgeous, nestled between the Pyrenees & Med. It is a superb family holiday area. I'm sure there are plenty of cultured things to do in the area, but it's not what we're interested in atm!

blewuporstuffed

Heading to budapest in a  couple of weeks with the missus, anyone recommend anything to see/do?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Under Lights

Love the look of that hotel in Clonakilty Cork but its probably a bit too far from Tyrone for our 17 month year old. Heading away last week in July but nothing booked. The wife suggested Bundoran and Portrush but i'm not keen- want a decent beach and activities that would interest the little one. Thoughts? Needs to be within 3 hours driving distance from Tyrone.

bogball88

Quote from: Under Lights on June 30, 2014, 10:02:44 PM
Love the look of that hotel in Clonakilty Cork but its probably a bit too far from Tyrone for our 17 month year old. Heading away last week in July but nothing booked. The wife suggested Bundoran and Portrush but i'm not keen- want a decent beach and activities that would interest the little one. Thoughts? Needs to be within 3 hours driving distance from Tyrone.

Sligo or Westport? Haven't been to Sligo but Westport is definitely a great wee spot

J OGorman

Quote from: bogball88 on July 01, 2014, 01:13:23 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 30, 2014, 10:02:44 PM

Sligo or Westport? Haven't been to Sligo but Westport is definitely a great wee spot

+1 for Westport. We stayed at Mulranny last year, 20 odd miles from Westport. Westport House, Keem Beach, the Greenway(towed my 2 year old in one of those wee bicycle trailers) over to Achille. Loads to do.  Class week even though the weather was only so so. We've booked Spain this year but Id much rather head back down the west

Under Lights

Any nice family hotels in Westport that you would recommend?

bogball88

Quote from: Under Lights on July 01, 2014, 01:53:02 PM

Westport Plaza-big swimming pool and all-the whole works!

Milltown Row2

Club wedding in July, at the Slieve Russell Hotel. We've booked the Log Cabins near the hotel (I hope) for 5 nights, other than drink like feck what's is there to do for the kids? Taking the bikes down so we'll hit a few trails no doubt but is there anything nearby worth a look?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

If you prefer the self catering try the Harbour Mills appartments down by the harbour part of the town. Nice part of Westport with a few pubs and restaurants and close to the entrance of Westport House. It is about a ten walk into part.

They don't have a pool but you can avail of the use of the local leisure centre pool in the town for free.

Under Lights

Quote from: bogball88 on July 01, 2014, 02:13:57 PM

Westport Plaza-big swimming pool and all-the whole works!

How far to the nearest beach?