Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

New Antman. Another poor recent Marvel film for me. They seem to have lost their way recently. Hopefully they can get it back on track soon.

No Thor, love and thunder bad... but not one I'd watch again either.

An Watcher

Super hero films!!!  Watched about half an hour of captain America and never again

J70

I've been working through the Marvel stuff with my son over the past year.

Enjoyed most of them, but the more recent ones have not been quite as good.

Without strong leads like Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans they're lacking a wee bit. Story can be complicated too if you don't recall every little detail of the earlier films. The Thanos concept had been nice and simple to follow.

Wakanda Forever was too long and unfortunately desperately missed the late Chadwick Boseman. The Dr strange ones are way too abstract for me.

I like Paul Rudd and the first Antman was fun, but I'm not hearing great things about the latest one.

Young lad wants to see it though, so I'll sit through it and try to keep up.

Some of the tv ones are decent. Loved Hawkeye. Ms Marvel pretty good too. Enjoyed the Guardians Xmas special. Head was spinning with Loki!

AustinPowers

When are they  going to stop with  these super hero  films,?

Seems like every  week there's another one out , and  usually with a superhero  I've never heard of... blackspiderhulk or captain bisexual or whatever

Granted , I did enjoy  a couple of the  Ironman  films and Ant-man ,  but I'm not sure I could be bothered with any more

shawshank

'Captain bisexual'  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D definitely laughed out loud.

J70

There's a big audience for them. Marvel makes tonnes of cash for Disney.

There's always the arty, farty drama types which win awards if that's your preference.

Not much in between these days unfortunately.

johnnycool

Quote from: An Watcher on February 20, 2023, 03:34:00 PM
Super hero films!!!  Watched about half an hour of captain America and never again

Same but for the honourable exception of the Dead Pool movies, some good laugh out loud moments in them..

Milltown Row2

Watched Judas and the Black Messiah last night...

Excellent show we'll acted snd crazy true story
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: johnnycool on February 20, 2023, 03:55:32 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on February 20, 2023, 03:34:00 PM

Same but for the honourable exception of the Dead Pool movies, some good laugh out loud moments in them..

There are far too many of them. I'm a complete sucker for that type of film but even I have had enough. When they released 2 starwars film in a year everybody said it was overkill yet there is a new marvel film every other month and they are all very similar.

Jell 0 Biafra

I remember back in the late 90s thinking this superhero movie craze will be done with soon enough.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 25, 2023, 10:07:41 PM
I remember back in the late 90s thinking this superhero movie craze will be done with soon enough.

Superman was late 70's!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Wakanda Forever was terrible. Tried to hard to push women t9 the front as the heroes.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 25, 2023, 10:56:57 PM
Wakanda Forever was terrible. Tried to hard to push women t9 the front as the heroes.
Thanks Rico saved me watching it. How was your trip the Big Apple?

RedHand88

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 25, 2023, 10:56:57 PM

Not a movie but I got the exact same vibe from Rings of Power. To the point where it was just ridiculous.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 25, 2023, 10:31:12 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 25, 2023, 10:07:41 PM

Superman was late 70's!

I was 7 or 8 and we were almost kicked out of the Savoy on O' Connell St., cos the ma was laughing uncontrallably at the scene where Superman flies up to stop Lois from falling.