Recommend me a mobile phone

Started by Never beat the deeler, March 17, 2020, 04:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Looked at the Z4 but wasn't really for me. Interesting thing was, with O2 it was £73 a month for 3 years, but a 3rd party supplier with O2 it's £44 for 2 year's.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

lurganblue

What 3rd party? I thought they dropped the likes of carphonewarehouse? I think I looked and it would be better to buy it from Samsung themselves and take a sim only contract with o2

Dougal Maguire

Check it out with some of the folk on the Casement Park redevelopment thread, they'll recommend something along the lines of a Nokia 3310
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

Nope, gave it up for Lent and still off it. Good to have you back though
Careful now

Square Ball

Quote from: lurganblue on April 15, 2023, 04:02:19 PM
What 3rd party? I thought they dropped the likes of carphonewarehouse? I think I looked and it would be better to buy it from Samsung themselves and take a sim only contract with o2
I have used Mobile Phones direct for a while now, as a family we have bought 7phones from them and not an issue. A few friends have used it as well, so much cheaper.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

snoopdog

Hi. The mobile data isn't working on my phone. Just changed sim to this yesterday. It's a Samsung S20 plus. I can make and receive calls and texts. But mobile data doesn't work. I've took out simple re added it. Turned on and off flight mode and also restarted. But nothing. Anyone experienced this before. Or know how to resolve.? Thanks

snoopdog

Quote from: snoopdog on May 26, 2023, 11:25:26 PM
Hi. The mobile data isn't working on my phone. Just changed sim to this yesterday. It's a Samsung S20 plus. I can make and receive calls and texts. But mobile data doesn't work. I've took out simple re added it. Turned on and off flight mode and also restarted. But nothing. Anyone experienced this before. Or know how to resolve.? Thanks
I'm on gomo network. My old phone was an a10. Very basic.

smort

Have a poke around in the Settings. There may be something in Mobile Data, or Network, settings

snoopdog

Quote from: smort on May 26, 2023, 11:30:34 PM
Have a poke around in the Settings. There may be something in Mobile Data, or Network, settings
Sorted. I turned thr phone off overnight.  Must have reset something and it's now connected to data. I have restarted it turned it off and on before but with no time lag so all good now. Thanks

armaghniac

Quote from: snoopdog on May 27, 2023, 07:14:29 AM
Quote from: smort on May 26, 2023, 11:30:34 PM
Sorted. I turned thr phone off overnight.  Must have reset something and it's now connected to data. I have restarted it turned it off and on before but with no time lag so all good now. Thanks

Hard to beat the old turn it off and turn it back on again.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

jcpen

Phone died on me over the weekend, it owed me nothing as I have it so long anyway.
Looking maybe at the Google Pixal 7? Anyone have it?
lose loose mange

gallsman

Have had the Pixel 7 for last 6 months, having moved from OnePlus 6T. I'm a huge fan but have always been a fan of the stock Android experience. Camera is stunning.

The 8/8 Pro are only just around the corner though.

lurganblue

My contract with o2 is up this month. Has anyone ever took a sim only contract with O2 through Uswitch? Their deal on say 30g is over half the price that O2 are quoting me directly. The uswitch says it includes roaming and o2 priority. I'm just wondering what the catch is?

theskull1

Bought my missus a Pixel 7 as the requirement to have a better camera was a big want and in that respect it doesn't disappoint..... but what is disappointing is the battery drain. I've worked through a couple of youtube videos recommending various setting changes but those haven't made any discernible difference.

Is this something others are experiencing? gallsman? 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

lurganblue

Heard the tensor chip in the Google phones struggles with battery drain. I've never had a Google phone myself though. It's probably a bit like the exynos one from Samsung that was pure sh*te.