Gaffer

Jim Diamond...  Singer!

"Should have known better to lie to one as beautiful as you"
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

maigheo

That song had one of the best videos.RIP

Gaffer

Geoffrey Howe

Shafted Thatcher big time in the Commons. She was gone soon after!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

HiMucker

Absolute tragedy in Dublin.  My heart goes out to them.  An entire family just wiped out.

5 Sams

Quote from: HiMucker on October 10, 2015, 09:28:17 PM
Absolute tragedy in Dublin.  My heart goes out to them.  An entire family just wiped out.

Horrific. 9 people dead and babies among them. Count your blessings lads.
The Aristocrat Years

theticklemister

Yes lads. Count your blessings.

AZOffaly

Unreal. RIP to them all. So sad.

Tiocfaidh Ned

Legendary Everton manager Howard Kendall has passed away at the age of 69.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Tiocfaidh Ned on October 17, 2015, 11:38:34 AM
Legendary Everton manager Howard Kendall has passed away at the age of 69.
They will beat United for him today.

SHEEDY

howard kendall, everton's greatest ever manager.
nil satis nisi optimum

JBM on the 21

That was an incredible Everton team he managed. Sheedy, Mountfield, Rathcliffe, Southall, Heath and Sharp (and later with the addition of Lineker). Very unlucky to miss out on the treble in 1905. I think tiredness got to them in the end. Always wondered how they would have done in the European Cup the next season if not for the ban. They had the experience of winning the CWC behind them (and I think they neat Bayern in the semi i that year).

muppet

Quote from: JBM on the 21 on October 17, 2015, 02:00:16 PM
That was an incredible Everton team he managed. Sheedy, Mountfield, Rathcliffe, Southall, Heath and Sharp (and later with the addition of Lineker). Very unlucky to miss out on the treble in 1905. I think tiredness got to them in the end. Always wondered how they would have done in the European Cup the next season if not for the ban. They had the experience of winning the CWC behind them (and I think they neat Bayern in the semi i that year).

God bless your memory.  :D
MWWSI 2017

ziggy90

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 17, 2015, 01:52:02 PM
howard kendall, everton's greatest ever manager.

And one of Birmingham's best ever players, and, a top, top man. A bunch of us met him in Euston Station after an away game in London. We all had a few pints, reminisced about the old days and then realised him included that we'd missed our trains.

RIP Howard.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ONeill

Quote from: JBM on the 21 on October 17, 2015, 02:00:16 PM

Hard to believe Kendall was only 39 when he managed Everton to the title in '85. He seemed 60 to my eye back then.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.