Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

A legend must be the most over used work in soccer, but today football has lost a genuine legend, one of the greatest strikers who ever lived

T Fearon

Old enough to have seen it happen.Jinky and Eusebio were two different types of great players,but Jinky unlike Eusebio,delivered more often when it really mattered.His goal against Rangers at Ibrox to clinch a point and the 1967 Scottish league title was the true mark of a genius.

T Fearon

Captain Obvious

Quote from: T Fearon on January 05, 2014, 09:56:07 PM
Old enough to have seen it happen.Jinky and Eusebio were two different types of great players,but Jinky unlike Eusebio,delivered more often when it really mattered.His goal against Rangers at Ibrox to clinch a point and the 1967 Scottish league title was the true mark of a genius.

Yeah i always wondered how Eusebio would have fared in the Scottish league.

laoislad

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 06, 2014, 05:01:16 PM

Lol.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2014, 05:41:26 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 06, 2014, 05:01:16 PM

Lol.

I mean I didn't want to knock the man, he was a cracking player of note, but ffs Tony you need to catch a grip and take the green tinted glasses off sometime.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Yes the Scottish League which in 1967 produced the European Cup winners,European Cup Winners Cup runners up,and the bulk of the Scottish team that defeated England's World Cup winning side at Wembley? I reckon Eusebio would have held his own.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 06, 2014, 08:53:07 PM
Yes the Scottish League which in 1967 produced the European Cup winners,European Cup Winners Cup runners up,and the bulk of the Scottish team that defeated England's World Cup winning side at Wembley? I reckon Eusebio would have held his own.

Seriously get over yourself. You must be 90 to remembered so well
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Kipper Fearon...FFS... :-[
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

All facts,and in my opinion Johnstone most certainly can be mentioned alongside the likes of Eusebio

Hardy

Not often I'd agree with Tony, but he's not far wrong on this one. Certainly it's not as outrageous as some here seem to think to suggest Johnstone can be compared with the best of his era. He was a genius on the ball, but he also had pace, vision, stamina, guts and imagination and would be a shoo-in on any international team of the era.

I used to like soccer one time.

theticklemister

Quote from: Hardy on January 06, 2014, 09:17:54 PM
Not often I'd agree with Tony, but he's not far wrong on this one. Certainly it's not as outrageous as some here seem to think to suggest Johnstone can be compared with the best of his era. He was a genius on the ball, but he also had pace, vision, stamina, guts and imagination and would be a shoo-in on any international team of the era.

Hardy is a sell out.

Captain Obvious

Its like comparing Gareth Bale with Messi or Ronaldo which Tony did last season.

ziggy90

Quote from: Hardy on January 06, 2014, 09:17:54 PM

Bobby Lennox was a far better footballer.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered