GAA WTF

Started by seafoid, January 30, 2023, 07:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on March 22, 2023, 08:31:07 AM
Galway have 8 matches to win the all Ireland. Armagh have 13
Galway automatically into Qtr Finals??? That's hardly fair on the rest of us!
Armagh max 4 Ulster, 3 Group games, max 4 knock out games.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2023, 10:24:29 AM
2 Connacht 3 group of 4, qtr, semi. final
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eire90

Quote from: seafoid on March 22, 2023, 10:50:49 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2023, 10:24:29 AM
2 Connacht 3 group of 4, qtr, semi. final

a quarter final preliminary/qualifier if they do not win group.

Rossfan

I don't think sums are Seafoid's strongpoint ;D :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

AustinPowers

Quote from: screenexile on November 26, 2023, 08:39:15 PM

Christ!!

Those North Koreans  sure take  their GAA seriously

There are some  head the balls in charge of  football teams

thewobbler

Twitter wants to blame the coach and the committee for this nonsense.

But the reality is that it's only possible to come up with a set of rules like this if there's a core of players driving it.

Sportacus

Quote from: thewobbler on November 26, 2023, 08:47:58 PMTwitter wants to blame the coach and the committee for this nonsense.

But the reality is that it's only possible to come up with a set of rules like this if there's a core of players driving it.

Maybe at Senior, but at underage it's almost always driven by coaches who want the glory.  The wee skinny lad hasn't a chance.

Saffrongael

Clarinbridge in Galway ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

screenexile

Quote from: thewobbler on November 26, 2023, 08:47:58 PMTwitter wants to blame the coach and the committee for this nonsense.

Do you think so?? Jesus I'd hope not you'd hope that you're able to reason most of the above out with your team mates. Also why would you banish someone who's heading away? Surely if they're good enough you keep them until they go?

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Glen have had a few lads travelling at different stages in the past few years and haven't subscribed to the above nonsense.

No soccer or golf? Jesus!

Also whatever about the nonsense of it how is this being circulated? You'd have it on a powerpoint or get the lads to sign a hard copy at a meeting there's no way that should be available for distribution around Ireland!

thewobbler

Quote from: screenexile on November 26, 2023, 09:04:54 PM

Do you think so?? Jesus I'd hope not you'd hope that you're able to reason most of the above out with your team mates. Also why would you banish someone who's heading away? Surely if they're good enough you keep them until they go?

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Glen have had a few lads travelling at different stages in the past few years and haven't subscribed to the above nonsense.

No soccer or golf? Jesus!

Also whatever about the nonsense of it how is this being circulated? You'd have it on a powerpoint or get the lads to sign a hard copy at a meeting there's no way that should be available for distribution around Ireland!

I just don't think it's possible for a coach to implement this culture from anything approaching scratch. It has to be the wishes of a core of players, who will then drive it.

That core of players doesn't mean all players by the way. It'll be principally made up of deluded older players who reckon that young people don't have the discipline and love of the game, that they have. And that's the only reason they're not winning county championships.

WT4E

Jack McCarrons Eyebrows

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU