Which radio station do you listen to?

Started by ONeill, May 15, 2007, 12:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which radio station do you listen to, mostly?

Today FM
18 (28.6%)
Cool FM
4 (6.3%)
BBC Radio1
4 (6.3%)
BBC Radio2
2 (3.2%)
BBC Radio3
0 (0%)
BBC Radio 4
1 (1.6%)
5Live
6 (9.5%)
TalkSport
4 (6.3%)
Radio Ulster
2 (3.2%)
Regional
1 (1.6%)
Other
6 (9.5%)
98FM
0 (0%)
2FM
4 (6.3%)
RTE
7 (11.1%)
Newstalk
4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Fionntamhnach

Would have listened to Q101 until last Summer when it went badly downhill music wise. At the moment, its usually either BBC Radio 1, RTÉ 2FM, Cool FM or Virgin with Today FM at the weekends.

Captain Scarlet

listening to phantom right now.
its my no.1
no shitetalk or phoney DJ voices.
altho ur 1 on sunday mornin is a pain- pearl.

when im in the mood for pop itll be today fm.

newstalk for when i realise i need to be a grown up and get informed.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

ildanach

today fm, ian dempsey in the morning & mat cooper in the evening. But during the day you cann't beat joe duffy!!!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

The Real Laoislad

Today Fm for me
Ian Dempsey,Ray D'Arcy and Matt Cooper,also love Friday night 80's
Q102 is good too
You'll Never Walk Alone.

neutral

The question is a strange one,  Call me odd but to me its comparable to asking what Television station do you watch? Im a big TV3 man me. 

Drumanee 1

i listen to talk sport,greta craic in the mornings with alan brazil,now ian wright is on in the evenings

5 Sams

Raidio na Gaeltachta
5 Live
Dunseith and Nolan
Joe Duffy
Newstalk when I'm south of Dundalk
The Aristocrat Years

sureyouwill

Quote from: neutral on May 15, 2007, 01:53:55 PM
The question is a strange one,  Call me odd but to me its comparable to asking what Television station do you watch? Im a big TV3 man me. 

Not really, radio, well for myself anyway, is something I only listen to in the car, that is usually an hour in the morning going to work and an hour in the evening going home, same time each day, other times I may switch but when I switch my car on my radio station of choice is Today FM.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on May 15, 2007, 02:00:50 PM
i listen to talk sport,greta craic in the mornings with alan brazil,now ian wright is on in the evenings

I have been pleasantly surprised by Ian Wright on Talksport because I hated him on TV. BBC tended to use him as an England cheerleader but on the radio he seems less childish and more intelligent.

Mike Parry is a bit of a clown, so too is Adrian Durham although I would presume a lot of the views of these 2 are specifically aimed at getting the listeners to ring in to argue.

ONeill

Where is this Newstalk you write of?

I've recently tuned in to Today FM on the advice of a few others. It's OK just. What annoys me is their news values when it comes to sport. For example, the headline sports news will be about Paul Jewell or Stuart Pearce for about 2 mins, then maybe some GAA afterwards.

As for the strange question post, I rarely change stations whilst driving (the only time I lisen to the wireless).

If I want to feel rather sedated I tune in to Lite FM, an easy-listening station with no DJ.

Mostly Talksport though. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Billys Boots

QuoteWhere is this Newstalk you write of?

It's our newest National station Shane.  Keep up, good man!  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Gnevin

Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2007, 02:38:46 PM
Where is this Newstalk you write of?

I've recently tuned in to Today FM on the advice of a few others. It's OK just. What annoys me is their news values when it comes to sport. For example, the headline sports news will be about Paul Jewell or Stuart Pearce for about 2 mins, then maybe some GAA afterwards.

As for the strange question post, I rarely change stations whilst driving (the only time I lisen to the wireless).

If I want to feel rather sedated I tune in to Lite FM, an easy-listening station with no DJ.

Mostly Talksport though. 
http://www.newstalk.ie/
or 106 to 108fm
or sky 0210
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

5 Sams

If Newstalk is up there then so should RnaG

The Aristocrat Years

The Real Laoislad

And what about Midlands Radio 3  and im sure everyone has heard the Johnny Barry show on KCR :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.