Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

Quote from: Boycey on October 15, 2010, 08:15:34 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 15, 2010, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: ross4life on October 15, 2010, 06:44:58 PM
Quote from: The Worker on October 15, 2010, 06:05:26 PM
Rumours that Real are sniffing around Rooney.

Id let him go in January for £50mil

I think the player in question would have to declare his love/dream to play for Real Madrid first

Like his dream to be once a blue always a blue ?

He's still a blue was due to play for Everton in Carras testimonial before he got injured..
Was this the injured ankle story Ferguson was fabricating ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ross4life

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on October 16, 2010, 03:57:34 PM
What is the big attraction to supporting an English team? i never quite understood it. Back home in the local the barstool republicans would be chanting up the RA and booing the English international team yet are 100% devoted to Man U and Liverpool. Even worse is that the day tripper Irish fans are despised at Old Trafford and Anfield.

Never heard of the Irish Connection's both Clubs have? supporting an English team is no different than following a certain religion & of course some will never understand the passion
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: ross4life on October 16, 2010, 04:09:32 PM
What is the big attraction to supporting an English team? i never quite understood it. Back home in the local the barstool republicans would be chanting up the RA and booing the English international team yet are 100% devoted to Man U and Liverpool. Even worse is that the day tripper Irish fans are despised at Old Trafford and Anfield.

Never heard of the Irish Connection's both Clubs have? supporting an English team is no different than following a certain religion & of course some will never understand the passion

A weak attempt of trying to justify the support of an English side. Have you ever heard of the Irish connection at Irish clubs? Athlone town, Galway United, Mervue, Salthill, Castlebar Celtic and Sligo Rovers all clubs within your region Playing in the Premier, 1st and A Championship.

Or are you Glory hunters?

ross4life

Two Awful mistakes by VDS 2-2  :-\
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Square Ball

OMG, 2-2 what a balls up
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

sammymaguire

Bullshit post if ever there was one, gobshite  ::)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 16, 2010, 04:16:28 PM

Bullshit post if ever there was one, gobshite  ::)

Go off there like a good chap and support your English team.

Geoff Tipps

If you don't understand it don't let it bother you.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 16, 2010, 04:20:08 PM

Why do you lot even live in Ireland if your that into English culture why dont you just move over there? Nothing worse then west Brits pretending to be other wise.

Great Article here about the barstoolers

http://www.football-corner.org/2010/04/18/irish-people-supporting-english-teams/

Ask 100 Irish people what football team they support and chances are, 99 of them will say they support an English team. Ask those 99 people who they want to win the World Cup this summer and chances are, 98 of them will say something along the lines of : "I just hope England don't fuckin' win it."
It is one thing I have never understood as someone who goes to watch his favourite team, Bohs, play every Friday night. Why barstoolers, as they are more commonly known, "support" an English team week in week out, yet when it comes to the English national team, all they want to do is see them fail.
An Irish Manchester United "fan" would simply adore a player like Wayne Rooney every weekend by wearing their replica jerseys with "Rooney 10″ on the back, however when it comes to Rooney lining up in the white of England, they want to see him lose.
It is a sad fact of life that as thousands upon thousands of "football fans" in Ireland sit in the pub every Saturday afternoon to "support" their favourite team from behind a TV screen, the majority of League of Ireland clubs continue to struggle to attract more than 3,000 people to a game every Friday night.
The majority of barstoolers will blame the quality of the league as the reason why they don't bother spending €15 to go and actually watch a game of football. "Ah, I watched a game on the telly last week and it was shite" is something I hear quite a lot. These people think they know everything about the club they "support" from behind a TV screen. They refer to the likes of Liverpool as "we" and they go on talking about why Rafa has to be sacked for weeks on end.
The large majority of Irish people have absolutely no connection with the English club they "support" and yet they still refer to the English club as "we". It really does sicken me when I scroll down through FaceBook on a Saturday evening looking at my friends status updates and I'll I can see is : "Rooney, you absolute legend" or "Come on Liverpool, we have these pricks."
I have no problem with an Irish person having a favourite English team but the thing that really gets to me is the fact they simply can't be bothered getting of their arse on a Friday night to go and support our domestic league. I don't understand how they call themselves football fans when the only time they ever actually watch a game of football is on the telly.
Barstoolers will never feel what a proper football fan feels. They will go over to Old Trafford or Anfield once a season and think they are great because they travelled so far to support their club but in actual fact they are just customers.
They will never feel the heartache of a real fan when his side concede in the last minute to be knocked out of the cup. They will never feel the jubilation of a real fan as he runs onto the pitch to celebrate with his heroes after his side have just won the league.
Even as a Bohs fan, I have far more respect for a Shamrock Rovers fan than I do for a barstooler.
The League of Ireland will survive for the simple reason that some people in this country actually enjoy going to watch live football and not just sit in a bar or sit at home, pretending to be a real fan.

Boycey

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on October 16, 2010, 04:24:02 PM

Why do you lot even live in Ireland if your that into English culture why dont you just move over there? Nothing worse then west Brits pretending to be other wise.

I'll post a full list of my hobbies and interests up here tomorrow and maybe you would go through them and tell me what is and isn't acceptable.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on October 16, 2010, 04:32:44 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on October 16, 2010, 04:24:02 PM

I'll post a full list of my hobbies and interests up here tomorrow and maybe you would go through them and tell me what is and isn't acceptable.

Poor oul Peter sounds like he's having a bad day  :)

sammymaguire

Only gaelic football and hurling allowed Boycey, everything else means you are not a true Irish man

Just cleaning my 7 iron then getting the missus to iron my plus fours for tomorrow morning  :D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Norf Tyrone

This makes no sense.

That was another one of these 'easy games' that Chelsea seemingly had!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Awful result thanks to VDS  >:(

Edit* knew it wouldn't take Norf  long to make a comment

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on October 16, 2010, 04:55:13 PM
Awful result thanks to VDS  >:(

Edit* knew it wouldn't take Norf  long to make a comment::)

;) To be fair I am not overly confident that Chelsea will put the boot in later, but now it's level par as such!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone