Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

It doesn't bear comparison Corn as if United do win the 5 they will have won the 5 most important trophies available. 

Square Ball

To win a treble you need to win the double and that has been and always be the FA cup and the league, end of
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 08, 2009, 01:43:02 PM
It doesn't bear comparison Corn as if United do win the 5 they will have won the 5 most important trophies available. 

Firstly I am not comparing those 5 with these 5.

What about the pre-season tournamnets you competed in, at what point do you say there not important?

Fact of the matter is, the only trophies that matter are the three you won in 99. Liverpool fans who argue that the five cups in 01 were an unreal chievement are dillusional - only one cup was worth winning.

For the top four, there are two cups that are significant - Premiership and Champions League. The FA Cup is important, but it is not going to be season defining. Carling, Super, World is just all filler.

corn02

Quote from: Square Ball on March 08, 2009, 01:48:35 PM
To win a treble you need to win the double and that has been and always be the FA cup and the league, end of

The best double does not include the FA Cup.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: corn02 on March 08, 2009, 01:49:15 PM

As far as english footbal goes THE DOUBLE is league and fa cup, always was and always will be.

Its Grim up North

corn02

Quote from: An Fear Rua on March 08, 2009, 02:34:52 PM
Quote from: corn02 on March 08, 2009, 01:49:15 PM

As far as english footbal goes THE DOUBLE is league and fa cup, always was and always will be.

That is why I said the best double does not include the FA Cup. It is such an important double that you decided not even to compete in one of the competitions a few years back.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: corn02 on March 08, 2009, 02:40:54 PM

That is why I said the best double does not include the FA Cup. It is such an important double that you decided not even to compete in one of the competitions a few years back.

::) dear oh dear oh dear  ::)

and you were doing so well
Its Grim up North

anportmorforjfc

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

charlie stubbs

Quote from: new devil on March 07, 2009, 09:36:54 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 07, 2009, 07:07:47 PM
Yeah, once Tevez scored United totally dominated. I'm still in shock that Liverpool have fallen so far behind in the league. Maybe Rafa is regretting all those things he did during the season now but the Cup will be hard to win. As for Europe, I'm still wary of Mourinho the f**ker!

I actually cannot believe were only 7points ahead...very bad side..chelsea will finish well clear off them

Another great display today...worried about wednesday nights game,going to be very tough

typical united supporter arrogance and the reason i resent their supporters alot more than their players(neville and ferdinand being te exceptions)

stiffler

Quote from: charlie stubbs on March 08, 2009, 08:13:28 PM
Yeah, once Tevez scored United totally dominated. I'm still in shock that Liverpool have fallen so far behind in the league. Maybe Rafa is regretting all those things he did during the season now but the Cup will be hard to win. As for Europe, I'm still wary of Mourinho the f**ker!

I actually cannot believe were only 7points ahead...very bad side..chelsea will finish well clear off them

Another great display today...worried about wednesday nights game,going to be very tough

typical united supporter arrogance and the reason i resent their supporters alot more than their players(neville and ferdinand being te exceptions)

What about Rooney and the lady boy??
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

charlie stubbs

hmm fair enough point!!dont actualy mind rooney as much as used to.very talented player and if hes fouled he gets up and gets on with things. 

the lady boy has a huge admirer  in  magherlin co down.  a certain man took a photo of ronaldos haircut into the hairdressers during the week and told the hairdresser to copy the haircut.  also planning to buy a blazer like ronaldos in the coming weeks also :D

new devil

Quote from: charlie stubbs on March 08, 2009, 08:13:28 PM

Why because i don't rate Liverpool and think there not a good team..wouldn't call that arrogance son

bigfrank