Norf Tyrone

Quote from: mrsandman on May 04, 2011, 04:19:47 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 04, 2011, 03:13:24 PM
Quote from: mrsandman on May 04, 2011, 02:12:59 PM
All the best on Sunday lads  ;)

Just a wee video to lighten the mood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQm8B1HHTAM

WEMBLEYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Imagine posting a link about the man who Manc's claim 'blew it' on the week that his side face that team that may go down as the team that blew a 15 point lead!!

Whta is it you kids say... obsessed much.

I know, imagine me doing that, so silly  ::)

We havnt blew a 15 point lead, theres 3 points in it yet ;)

Hence 'may'.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Sometimes we forget that footballers have lives too. I thought that last week Soloman Kalou didn't celebrate as he was huffing about being benched... transpires that his family home has been destroyed and everything stolen from it by Republican forces in Ivory Coast. Note there is no punchline.

And on a lighter note.. The second video in a line of David Luiz' pisstakes. The first was hilarious IMHO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz9CD6xjIz0&feature=player_embedded

new devil

Guess your easy amused...He seems like a complete knob

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: new devil on May 07, 2011, 09:28:33 AM
Guess your easy amused...He seems like a complete knob

He's just had his home destroyed. Have some decency.

Norf Tyrone

Big game today, and where by normally I'd be nervous as hell about these games, today I am really looking forward to it. The obituries were previously written and the club's demise dissected so today feels like we can't lose. If the players feel the same sense then it'll be a shot in the arm for them.

On the team front I'd say CA's XI is obvious. Isn't it?

Cech, Cole, Terry and Ivanovic are certs. Luiz will probably get the other CB role, but his rashness and his newness to the PL would worry me. If Alex had a game or two under his belt I would've went with him instead.

The middle three will probably be Mikel, Essien and Lampard. However again I'd maybe like to see Ramieres over Essien. A week or two back I'd have definately went this way but Essien has shown a hint or two of form since then. Mikel's selection is critical. In the three game between the sides this season to date Rooney has dropped between the lines and caused problems. Indeed he has scored twice from this position. Mikel's absence in the games I think was a factor. His appearance today should at least help that.

Up front he'll likely go Malouda, Drogs and Kalou, and it'll be hard to argue. Malouda is still not firing on all cylinders, but provides a bit of balance to the team. Drogba has at last shook of malaria, and is looking like the man again. Kalou's pace and trickery and frustrating inpredictability deserves a spot as his form recently has been pretty good. Normally I'd like to see him as an impact sub but he merits a place based on that form.

That leaves Torres and Anelka in reserve.

Finally Ancellotti. The man has again impressed me this year. He has made some mistakes along the way, and I feel if he had an experienced number two like Steve Clarke we would be 6,7 points better off. However his attitude, class and behaviour and his refusal to be riled by other managers, journalists and events has been fantastic. No old fashioned BS from The Lotti!

Should be fun!

Dinny Breen

QuoteFinally Ancellotti. The man has again impressed me this year. He has made some mistakes along the way, and I feel if he had an experienced number two like Steve Clarke we would be 6,7 points better off. However his attitude, class and behaviour and his refusal to be riled by other managers, journalists and events has been fantastic. No old fashioned BS from The Lotti!

I have to say I agree with that, the man is a class act.
#newbridgeornowhere

AQMP

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 08, 2011, 07:57:07 AM
QuoteFinally Ancellotti. The man has again impressed me this year. He has made some mistakes along the way, and I feel if he had an experienced number two like Steve Clarke we would be 6,7 points better off. However his attitude, class and behaviour and his refusal to be riled by other managers, journalists and events has been fantastic. No old fashioned BS from The Lotti!

I have to say I agree with that, the man is a class act.

Didn't deserve to win the game, didn't deserve to win the league, Carlo sums it up nicely

Norf Tyrone

It's hard to know where to start in the analysis of yesterday's game. You wonder how different would the game have been if Chelsea had've settled instead of conceeding after 30 odd seconds.

The problem was United were hungrier and better everywhere. Chelsea never got a chance to settle on the ball, and JSP especially was outstanding. He hassled and harried and especially in the first 20 minutes Chelsea's passing was attrocious.

I said before the game that Luiz was not ready for the 'big games' and so it proved. Got turned, slipped and went to ground too easy. Alex looked more secure when he came on. Ashley Cole was destroyed yesterday. I've rarely seen anyone get the better of him, never mind totally blown away, so fair play Valencia. In Cole's defence, once again he has had a full season and he's one of the players that's never rested or rotated. He looked tired yesterday.

Ivanovic was lucky not to see red. However I was disapointed to see Rooney go out of his road to get him red carded. Feigned injury and then a dive (Is that not a booking?) in the 2nd half. Giggs also trying to force the ref's hand.

The midfield was AWOL. Again Essien shows the world that he is a passanger. A middle two of Essien and Lampard no longer works as they don't have the legs. Ramieres showing him up once again when he came on.

Up top, Malouda awol, Kalou not good enough to start the big games, and Drogba was just starved of any support.

Bar that I thought we played quite well.

Some minor surgery required by CA in the summer. I'll go into some other time, but I'd cash in on Malouda and Essien given half the chance.  He also needs a midfield that moves the ball quicker. It's all too ponderous and predictable.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 09, 2011, 09:46:16 AM
Some minor surgery required by CA in the summer. I'll go into some other time, but I'd cash in on Malouda and Essien given half the chance.  He also needs a midfield that moves the ball quicker. It's all too ponderous and predictable.

Fair play Norf, that's a good summary. I don't think Chelsea were atrocious yesterday, I think they were just blown away by the intensity that United brought to the game. It seemed to catch them by surprise, and they looked rattled. As you pointed out JSP was the epitome of the Man U approach.

As for the summer, I think you are right. There isn't major surgery required, but Midfield has to be looked at. Torres will have a full pre season to prepare, and that should stand to him.

AQMP

Spot on Norf.  If Chelsea are to persist with Torres as a long term replacement for Drogba, then they will have to move the ball quickly to him.

Time to amend the thread title again Norf??  ;)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AQMP on May 09, 2011, 10:17:39 AM
Spot on Norf.  If Chelsea are to persist with Torres as a long term replacement for Drogba, then they will have to move the ball quickly to him.

Time to amend the thread title again Norf??  ;)

Only when the maths declares it so. Maybe Blackburn could win next week, and Chelsea beat Newcastle and then.... ah f**k it.

ross4life

It's hard to know where to start in the analysis of yesterday's game. You wonder how different would the game have been if Chelsea had've settled instead of conceeding after 30 odd seconds.

The problem was United were hungrier and better everywhere. Chelsea never got a chance to settle on the ball, and JSP especially was outstanding. He hassled and harried and especially in the first 20 minutes Chelsea's passing was attrocious.

I said before the game that Luiz was not ready for the 'big games' and so it proved. Got turned, slipped and went to ground too easy. Alex looked more secure when he came on. Ashley Cole was destroyed yesterday. I've rarely seen anyone get the better of him, never mind totally blown away, so fair play Valencia. In Cole's defence, once again he has had a full season and he's one of the players that's never rested or rotated. He looked tired yesterday.

Ivanovic was lucky not to see red. However I was disapointed to see Rooney go out of his road to get him red carded. Feigned injury and then a dive (Is that not a booking?) in the 2nd half. Giggs also trying to force the ref's hand.

The midfield was AWOL. Again Essien shows the world that he is a passanger. A middle two of Essien and Lampard no longer works as they don't have the legs. Ramieres showing him up once again when he came on.

Up top, Malouda awol, Kalou not good enough to start the big games, and Drogba was just starved of any support.

Valencia also skinned Cole last August in the community shield as for Luiz before the CL QFS i did try to play down the hype surrounding him by suggesting Alex was much better at defending! to be fair Norf you were the only one that agreed with me but i do think Luiz will be a fine player for Chelsea though not at Centre back.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on May 09, 2011, 03:18:57 PM

Valencia also skinned Cole last August in the community shield as for Luiz before the CL QFS i did try to play down the hype surrounding him by suggesting Alex was much better at defending! to be fair Norf you were the only one that agreed with me but i do think Luiz will be a fine player for Chelsea though not at Centre back.

Oh shit. Can't believe I am saying this, but I agree. I think he'd be a great holding midfielder. Even play him in that role until he learns the PL. He is great at carrying the ball, and he could start the attacks from that anchor role.

quit yo jibbajabba

Fair play to the Norf who i may have had the odd dig at in the past; as a pool supporter, i share your pain today;

your analysis isnt far away when it comes to your own team, ye got the line up spot on too i mite add; id just like to say i think theres a bit more than minor surgery required, though not major surgery (if that makes sense!!) yous have the look of an ageing team about you, like an ac milan team, full of big names/ established players etc; i think a burst of youth, and as someone else has said, a slight change in your approach, is abdly needed;

lampard looks on the wane, essien a shadow of what he used to be; ivanovic is solid, but i dont think he's up to it at full back; drogba, anelka torres, at least 1,maybe 2 need to go.....

cant believe ive wrote so much about chelski; only came on to agree with the poster who said ancelloti was a class act; mourinho could learn a thing or two;

Norf Tyrone

http://www.chelseafc.com/javaImages/3c/6d/0,,10268~9661756,00.jpg

Barclays Premier Reserve League South Champions! Keep your UCL. Keep your league titles. Keep your FA Cups.