The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 01, 2011, 01:12:05 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 01, 2011, 06:42:28 AM
> The Lampard goal was very, very close. The linesmen have no chance of getting them calls right. Watched in 10 times and a couple of times I thought it was over. It probably wasn't.
> Chelsea should've had a penalty too (And subsequent red card) but not given.

I'm a neutral fan & only needed one replay to see the whole ball wasn't over the line, Hoddle,lampard & Ancelotti were very honest about that "goal" after the game.

Thought it was penalty however a player also sent off would be very harsh! anyways that win was a huge lifeline for Chelsea as title race should have been over yesterday.

Never seen Lampard's interview but some managers should take a leaf from Ancellotti's book in terms of humility.
I'd say Mr Ferguson will be using every interview this week to mention the Luiz decision(s) at The Bridge and yesterday's decisions v Spurs. Just watch.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Blowitupref

Ancelotti is a rare breed maybe pep at Barca another?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 01, 2011, 07:36:47 PM
> The Lampard goal was very, very close. The linesmen have no chance of getting them calls right. Watched in 10 times and a couple of times I thought it was over. It probably wasn't.

I'm a neutral fan & only needed one replay to see the whole ball wasn't over the line, Hoddle,lampard & Ancelotti were very honest about that "goal" after the game.

Thought it was penalty however a player also sent off would be very harsh! anyways that win was a huge lifeline for Chelsea as title race should have been over yesterday.

Never seen Lampard's interview but some managers should take a leaf from Ancellotti's book in terms of humility.
I'd say Mr Ferguson will be using every interview this week to mention the Luiz decision(s) at The Bridge and yesterday's decisions v Spurs. Just watch.

It's already started

"Obviously, it gives Chelsea a major chance now and that's what happens when you get these decisions. They got one at Old Trafford last season so that's the worry now. But in terms of ability - a game at Old Trafford, the supporters will be ready for it - and so will our players."- Sir Alex Ferguson
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 01, 2011, 08:07:21 PM

It's already started

"Obviously, it gives Chelsea a major chance now and that's what happens when you get these decisions. They got one at Old Trafford last season so that's the worry now. But in terms of ability - a game at Old Trafford, the supporters will be ready for it - and so will our players."- Sir Alex Ferguson

As I've said many times. United keep repeating the Drogba decision at OT last year over and over and over. So much so that it becomes engrained that that changed the PL destiny.

Completly ignoring Macheda's hand ball!

gallsman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 01, 2011, 08:18:36 PM

It's already started

As I've said many times. United keep repeating the Drogba decision at OT last year over and over and over. So much so that it becomes engrained that that changed the PL destiny.

I believe it's from the Mourinho School of Thought.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: gallsman on May 01, 2011, 08:34:40 PM

It's already started

I believe it's from the Mourinho School of Thought.

Mourihno's is more thoughtful. More theatrical.

Blowitupref

Without Fergie & Mourihno football would be boring i find them fascinating TBH
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

nrico2006

It's already started

It hit his hands, it rebounded of Cech and came at him in a split second. 

On another note, I don't think there is a conspiracy but Fergie is doing what he does best in the run up to a big game and putting more attention on the officials and taking the focus of his team.  He is probably fed up with the common ABU view that United get so many fortuitous decisions when in fact they get no more than any other side in the League.  I think that with so many camera watching every inch of grass these days that it is easy to flag up the high level of incorrect critical calls by officials, but I think what annoys most football fans is that nothing is appearing to be done to try and solve the problem.  The number of penalties awarded that shouldn't be (or vice versa), goals that are given that were not over the line, goals scored that were offside or goals disallowed that were legitimate is shocking and something needs to be attempted to try and tackle the problem and make the sport fair.  Or is it a case that people actually enjoy this element of the game?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Orangemac

Mourinho is more entertaining off the field than on the field. Shocking performance v Barca last week. I know it is about results but it was amazing to see Ronaldo fuming at Mourinho because of the negative tactics in the 1st half last week.

Ferguson may be a bully but his teams have always played good football.

On the subject of the title race if Chelsea can win next week you would fancy them to close it out even on GD. They will have a 2 goal head start and you can't see Newcastle providing much resistance.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 02, 2011, 08:58:06 AM

It's already started

On another note, I don't think there is a conspiracy but Fergie is doing what he does best in the run up to a big game and putting more attention on the officials and taking the focus of his team.  He is probably fed up with the common ABU view that United get so many fortuitous decisions when in fact they get no more than any other side in the League.  I think that with so many camera watching every inch of grass these days that it is easy to flag up the high level of incorrect critical calls by officials, but I think what annoys most football fans is that nothing is appearing to be done to try and solve the problem.  The number of penalties awarded that shouldn't be (or vice versa), goals that are given that were not over the line, goals scored that were offside or goals disallowed that were legitimate is shocking and something needs to be attempted to try and tackle the problem and make the sport fair.  Or is it a case that people actually enjoy this element of the game?

I used to think 'decisions' were part and parcel of the game, but more recently, I think some form of '3rd referee' system needs adopted. This week should be about Messi, Ronaldo etc and then Drogba, Rooney, Terry and Vidic.. but it won't. It'll be a week of chatting s***e and whinging.

new devil

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 02, 2011, 09:16:21 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 02, 2011, 08:58:06 AM

It's already started

I used to think 'decisions' were part and parcel of the game, but more recently, I think some form of '3rd referee' system needs adopted. This week should be about Messi, Ronaldo etc and then Drogba, Rooney, Terry and Vidic.. but it won't. It'll be a week of chatting s***e and whinging.

Enough about you...What will Fergie be doing?   :P

mrsandman

All the best on Sunday lads  ;)

Just a wee video to lighten the mood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQm8B1HHTAM

WEMBLEYYYYYYYYY!!!!
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: mrsandman on May 04, 2011, 02:12:59 PM

WEMBLEYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Imagine posting a link about the man who Manc's claim 'blew it' on the week that his side face that team that may go down as the team that blew a 15 point lead!!

Whta is it you kids say... obsessed much.

mrsandman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 04, 2011, 03:13:24 PM

WEMBLEYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Imagine posting a link about the man who Manc's claim 'blew it' on the week that his side face that team that may go down as the team that blew a 15 point lead!!

I know, imagine me doing that, so silly  ::)

We havnt blew a 15 point lead, theres 3 points in it yet ;)
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

Minder

Quote from: mrsandman on May 04, 2011, 04:19:47 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 04, 2011, 03:13:24 PM

WEMBLEYYYYYYYYY!!!!

I know, imagine me doing that, so silly  ::)

We havnt blew a 15 point lead, theres 3 points in it yet ;)

What position do you play? You should be getting ready for the game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"