The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

One of the big stories on Monday, spun around many of the main broadsheet and tabloid papers, was the reported spat between Didier Drogba and a Chelsea fan.

It sounded so tasty.

Rory Smith, Telegraph: "Didier Drogba dragged off the pitch after row with
Chelsea fan following the draw at Stoke - Didier Drogba had to be forcibly
removed from the Britannia Stadium pitch after becoming embroiled in a
heated row with one of his own fans following Chelsea's draw with Stoke. As
words were exchanged, Chelsea team-mate Paulo Ferreira intervened to usher a
furious Drogba down the tunnel and away from an unseemly spat."

Ivan Speck, Daily Mail: "Didier Drogba was involved in an angry
confrontation with a Chelsea supporter at the end of his side's 1-1 draw at
Stoke on Saturday. The striker was heckled by the fan after taking a short
corner in the final seconds instead of knocking the ball directly into the
penalty area. Drogba reacted furiously and at the final whistle was still
engaging the spectator in an ugly argument as the rest of the players shook
hands. The incident was indicative of the frustration Drogba is clearly
still feeling after an indifferent season."

Tim Rich, Independent: "The rage burning inside Didier Drogba as he was
ushered down the tunnel by Paulo Ferreira suggested that this was no warm-up
for the main event at Stamford Bridge in two days' time. The striker with a
boxer's build squared up to his questioner as the final whistle went and had
to be led away."

For a while it seemed like that was that. Another tale of the stroppy Ivorian striker losing his rag. But now eye-witness footage from the incident has been released on YouTube and yet another media farce can be shown to be complete bollocks.

The video captures the whole event.

It starts with Drogba heading towards the tunnel before a booming voice distracts him over the the Chelsea supporters. Then we see how a perfectly un-raged Drogba tried to calm things down by asking the fan to come speak to him. The clip closes with the Ivorian not being ushered down the tunnel by Paulo Ferreira, but rather the defender just put his arm around his teammate as they walked away from the situation.

But why let a few facts get in the way of a good story.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/didier-drogba-versus-the-chelsea-fan-8952661/
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

laoislad

What starting 11 do you think Abramovich will go with Tuesday night Norf? I'd say Torres will start.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Norf Tyrone

Doogie Browser

This thread was very quiet on Saturday after the ref gifted Chelsea 3 points against Wigan  :P

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 11, 2011, 03:42:07 PM
This thread was very quiet on Saturday after the ref gifted Chelsea 3 points against Wigan  :P

The Villa thread has been very quiet. Full stop.

Doogie Browser

A wee bit of a lift yesterday, it is never quiet with me  ;)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 11, 2011, 05:25:51 PM
A wee bit of a lift yesterday, it is never quiet with me  ;)

I hear you were leaping around the bar on Sat when Malouda scored, as it was points off your big rivals for the drop!  :)

Doogie Browser

Heading to VP for Wigan match next month, hoping for the same generosity that you got! Just remembered I owe you a tenner ;-)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 11, 2011, 09:30:52 PM
Heading to VP for Wigan match next month, hoping for the same generosity that you got! Just remembered I owe you a tenner ;-)

NP.

Dave

Chelsea are like Arsenal..they haven't the balls.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dave on April 12, 2011, 09:54:21 PM

That's right. The double holders have no balls.  ::)

new devil

You really are a waste of a person Dave!!

Hard luck Norf think we deserved it over the 2 legs, Yous had some big misses tonight just like last week and i'm just glad Drogba didn't start because again he caused all sort of problems, Torres was shit again and Chelsea will have to change a lot of things around in the summer to suite him for next season...Do you think he was Rom buy?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: new devil on April 13, 2011, 03:09:59 AM

You really are a waste of a person Dave!!

Hard luck Norf think we deserved it over the 2 legs, Yous had some big misses tonight just like last week and i'm just glad Drogba didn't start because again he caused all sort of problems, Torres was shit again and Chelsea will have to change a lot of things around in the summer to suite him for next season...Do you think he was Rom buy?

Ta.

People speculate about Rom buys when they don't work out. They never say 'geez Luiz and Ramires have been tremendous finds by Roman' nor 'Fair play to Abramovich for master minding the double'. In fact Abromovitch is probably the most quoted man who I've never heard speak!

Bingo

Norf,

Was disappointed last night with Chelsea but I'm sure not as much as you were! Thought it was set up for a grand stand finish but not to be.

But anyways, I'd still have an eye on Torres and of course have fond memories of him. I've been shocked though at how poor he has been. He was bad before he left liverpool but at least he was getting the odd goal.

What happens him now? Just get him to the end of the season and start afresh next season with new manager and new players onboard. At 50m he's too expensive to disgard. When he was in his prime at LFC the team played to his strengths - one up top. Can Chelsea justify a spending spree to play to his strengths or do they need to go back to the drawing board?

I'd be off opinion that a club with the ambitions of chelsea shouldn't be building a squad to suit one player and they'll need different options.

On the plus size at least he has stayed fit and injury free since he joined.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on April 13, 2011, 10:38:06 AM
Norf,

Was disappointed last night with Chelsea but I'm sure not as much as you were! Thought it was set up for a grand stand finish but not to be.

But anyways, I'd still have an eye on Torres and of course have fond memories of him. I've been shocked though at how poor he has been. He was bad before he left liverpool but at least he was getting the odd goal.

What happens him now? Just get him to the end of the season and start afresh next season with new manager and new players onboard. At 50m he's too expensive to disgard. When he was in his prime at LFC the team played to his strengths - one up top. Can Chelsea justify a spending spree to play to his strengths or do they need to go back to the drawing board?

I'd be off opinion that a club with the ambitions of chelsea shouldn't be building a squad to suit one player and they'll need different options.

On the plus size at least he has stayed fit and injury free since he joined.
[/b]

Chelsea either have a very good medical/training staff ir he is a bluffer.  I reckon he is a bit of a bluffer when it come to injuries.