The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on April 07, 2011, 03:35:21 PM
I remember at the time you got RLL knickers in a twist so you must have?

There we go then. If you remember it, it must be true.

Funny you 'remember' that, but you don't remember Rio Ferdinand's indiscretion in the CL final!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Worker

Norf- can you rename this thread ' Ross4Life makes a tit of himself thread'

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on April 07, 2011, 03:38:42 PM

Cheap coming from you  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

You get banned for multiple threads for the same topic.

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 07, 2011, 03:40:37 PM

You get banned for multiple threads for the same topic.

Poor Norf you would think the U21 success last night or the sunny weather today would cheer you up?

To quote maureen "Chin up"
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dave

Is there any thread in which he doesn't?
Does anyone take this spoofer seriously?

ross4life

Quote from: Dave on April 07, 2011, 04:22:23 PM

Is there any thread in which he doesn't?
Does anyone take this spoofer seriously?

Obsessed much?

Orangemac

If Chelsea wanted to win the Cl this year their best hope was to pay £50m for a striker who hasn't played well in 18 months and £20m for a centre back who is cup tied.Oh wait.

Is Torres the new Shevchenko or even Michael Owen? Best part of career up to 26 or so.

Incidentally what does £30m get you nowadays. Dzeko, Balotelli, Torres, Carroll (ok early days).

Suddenly Beckord doesn't seem so bad.

AQMP

Quote from: Orangemac on April 07, 2011, 11:24:51 PM
If Chelsea wanted to win the Cl this year their best hope was to pay £50m for a striker who hasn't played well in 18 months and £20m for a centre back who is cup tied.Oh wait.

Is Torres the new Shevchenko or even Michael Owen? Best part of career up to 26 or so.

Incidentally what does £30m get you nowadays. Dzeko, Balotelli, Torres, Carroll (ok early days).

Hang on, I was with you there up until the "Beckford not bad" bit! ;)

Also a bit unfair on Shevchenko there.  He was almost 30 when he joined Chelsea.  He actually scored 14 goals in 51 games for Chelsea (roughly 1 every 3.5 games) though most of these came in Cup competitions and his league record wasn't great.  Also he missed a fair bit of one season through injury.  Not quite the player Chelsea thought they were buying but not quite the flop he's perceived to be (IMHO) and over his total career a brilliant footballer.  He's back with Dinamo Kiev and still knocking in the goals there at nearly 35.

AQMP

Please Roman think twice about buying this eejit!

Fresh from the racism that never was, Neymar scores for Santos then gets a second yellow card for wearing a mask of his own face as part of the goal celebration!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHgnY5S_9gI

paco

From what I've seen of him (which isn't much to be fair), Neymar looks a class act. He reminds me of a young Aguero making fools of opposition when he was at Independiente.

nrico2006

I have said it before that I think Torres will never return to the player that he was 2/3 years ago, injuries have caught up with him and he has lost his greatest asset - his blistering speed.  I still think he will score a few goals but not enough to justify £50 million.

As already mentioned, the big shock (and relief to United fans) was seeing Drogba go off, the man looked really sharp and was the biggest threat Chelsea had.  The number of times he was backed into a corner and still managed to turn and skin a United defender was unbelievable, and his overhead kick effort was sublime.  I still think Ramires is dung, he looks like Shaun Wright-Philips' granda and really doesn't offer much in the middle IMO.  Essien used to be unbelievable, a powerful force in the middle with the added weapon of being able to bang in 25 yarders quite frequently, but he does not seem to be the same player the past season or two.  What has happened Malouda, is he off form or has he been injured?  He was great for Chelsea for the first few months of the season.  Lampard is sadly coming to the end, he is coming 33 but the high number of games he has played over the years are finally catching up on him.

Why are the Chelsea management so afraid to drop some of their 'stars' and try the like of Josh McEachran or Kakuta?  It will give the younger players a chance, and maybe stir the fire in the belly of the older players.  If it doesn't work then they can always substitute, but they need to take that risk a bit more and freshen things up.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Orangemac on April 07, 2011, 11:24:51 PM

What should they have done? Waited until the summer for Man City/ Real etc to nap Luiz before them?

Quote from: AQMP on April 08, 2011, 10:05:19 AM
Please Roman think twice about buying this eejit!

Fresh from the racism that never was, Neymar scores for Santos then gets a second yellow card for wearing a mask of his own face as part of the goal celebration!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHgnY5S_9gI

Was the racism thing not a thing that 'was'? It just wasn't a Scot that threw it, which is something Neymar would not have known at the time?

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 08, 2011, 10:50:15 AM
I have said it before that I think Torres will never return to the player that he was 2/3 years ago, injuries have caught up with him and he has lost his greatest asset - his blistering speed.  I still think he will score a few goals but not enough to justify £50 million.

As already mentioned, the big shock (and relief to United fans) was seeing Drogba go off, the man looked really sharp and was the biggest threat Chelsea had.  The number of times he was backed into a corner and still managed to turn and skin a United defender was unbelievable, and his overhead kick effort was sublime.  I still think Ramires is dung, he looks like Shaun Wright-Philips' granda and really doesn't offer much in the middle IMO.  Essien used to be unbelievable, a powerful force in the middle with the added weapon of being able to bang in 25 yarders quite frequently, but he does not seem to be the same player the past season or two.  What has happened Malouda, is he off form or has he been injured?  He was great for Chelsea for the first few months of the season.  Lampard is sadly coming to the end, he is coming 33 but the high number of games he has played over the years are finally catching up on him.

Why are the Chelsea management so afraid to drop some of their 'stars' and try the like of Josh McEachran or Kakuta?  It will give the younger players a chance, and maybe stir the fire in the belly of the older players.  If it doesn't work then they can always substitute, but they need to take that risk a bit more and freshen things up.

I know we've already made the point, but Ramires looks like an excellent buy to me, and many on Chelsea forums think he is their POTY from Christmas onwards!

The last paragraph is a fair point. I've said numerous times that players- Essien especially- are getting picked on reputation. MacEacheran may not quite be the answer at the minute, but he's certainly closer to the answer than Essien has been this year.

Not sure if Lampard's coming to the end or not. Lampard's career at Chelsea can be landmarked by formations. When Chelsea play 3 in the middle he excels at what he does. Playing him in a two is the wrong move at any time. However couple this with the limbs losing a bit AND the fact that he's doing midfield on his own and you definately negate his strengths.

I'd love next Tues to see 4-3-3. Cech, Cole, Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Mikel (Holding) with Ramires and Lampard, Malouda or Zhirkov on the left, Torres or Drogba up front and Benayoun on the right.
The personal ain't overly important. The formation is.

Norf Tyrone

Would today be a good opportunity for Torres to 'break his duck'? Of course.

So he's on the bench with JT rested!!

Norf Tyrone

Cech, Cole, Luiz, Ivan, Paulo, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Malouda, Drogba, Anelka!