The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Excellent and exiting game there. I think the woodwork was hit 5 times and all, some decent saves and a few misses. Neither time with one eye on their upcoming cup games.

However Chelsea were definately on top but Ancellotti made the very strange decision of subbing Ramires!! As soon as Rama went off Stoke dominated the midfield and could've nicked it.

Not sure how neither Lampard or Essien survived the hook in front of him.

Torres looked much brighter today when he came on, and if Ramires had of stayed on he would've seen much more action.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Well a bit of a tense night in store no doubt. Will Sally and Kev sort out this scratch card malarky? Will Jimmy get his memory back? All this and there is a match on tonight as well.

It'll be interesting to see what team Chelsea put out tonight. I haven't a clue what the strongest 11 is at the minute, and worryingly I don't think Ancellotti has either.

The back 5 picks itself with Alex still not fit, and Luiz cup-tied. Ivan will go alongside Terry with Bosingwa coming in at right back.

The midfield is where the problems start. Essien has been MIA for 18 months, and Lamps has been just alright. Bar those two, Ramires has astually been holding the midfield together since Christmas, as emphasised by his subbing, and Stoke's asscendancy on Saturday. The emphasis is very much on Essien to get his ass in gear.

Up front. Who knows! Malouda definately does not deserve a start on form basis, but he will. Personally I'd give Zhirkov a start ahead of him. I'd put Torres through the centre with Anelka roaming. If it works great. If it doesn't, Drogba is ready to be let out of the cage for the last 30 minutes or so which has been an affective tactic against the two Manchester games recently. Kalou has also looked dangerous recently, but Sala is a good sub. He rarely produces when he starts.

As for Torres. He looked as sharp as I seen him, during the glimpses he got the ball on Saturday. He has obviously underwhelemed so far, but in his defence the players around him are in terrible form at the minute. Lampard, Essien, Malouda and Drogba have all been below par, with Anelka being so, so. It would be interesting to see what Torres would be like if a couple of those players clicked.

Should be a long night, and I only pray for three things.

1. Firstly that the ref has a good game. Too often in Europe the ref has been the story against Chelsea, Barcelona (H and A), Monaco (H), and United (Moscow) being among several times where the ref has had a major bearing on the result. Indeed many Chelsea regulars have become very disinterested in the CL over the last few years due to this.
2. That Chelsea win. Obviously.
3. Taht Jimmy kicks that Kelly wan into touch.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 06, 2011, 01:31:45 PM
Well a bit of a tense night in store no doubt. Will Sally and Kev sort out this scratch card malarky? Will Jimmy get his memory back? All this and there is a match on tonight as well.

It'll be interesting to see what team Chelsea put out tonight. I haven't a clue what the strongest 11 is at the minute, and worryingly I don't think Ancellotti has either.

The back 5 picks itself with Alex still not fit, and Luiz cup-tied. Ivan will go alongside Terry with Bosingwa coming in at right back.

The midfield is where the problems start. Essien has been MIA for 18 months, and Lamps has been just alright. Bar those two, Ramires has astually been holding the midfield together since Christmas, as emphasised by his subbing, and Stoke's asscendancy on Saturday. The emphasis is very much on Essien to get his ass in gear.

Up front. Who knows! Malouda definately does not deserve a start on form basis, but he will. Personally I'd give Zhirkov a start ahead of him. I'd put Torres through the centre with Anelka roaming. If it works great. If it doesn't, Drogba is ready to be let out of the cage for the last 30 minutes or so which has been an affective tactic against the two Manchester games recently. Kalou has also looked dangerous recently, but Sala is a good sub. He rarely produces when he starts.

As for Torres. He looked as sharp as I seen him, during the glimpses he got the ball on Saturday. He has obviously underwhelemed so far, but in his defence the players around him are in terrible form at the minute. Lampard, Essien, Malouda and Drogba have all been below par, with Anelka being so, so. It would be interesting to see what Torres would be like if a couple of those players clicked.

1. Firstly that the ref has a good game. Too often in Europe the ref has been the story against Chelsea, Barcelona (H and A), Monaco (H), and United (Moscow) being among several times where the ref has had a major bearing on the result. Indeed many Chelsea regulars have become very disinterested in the CL over the last few years due to this.

No harm Norf that's complete bullshit.

Why would he get rid of Kelly . Lose that other Mongoose!!

AQMP

Not starting mind games here for I truly believe Man Utd will win the tie comfortably.  Score draw tonight and a win at OT (for MU) would be my bet. Norf is right, too many of Chelsea's "big" players are all over the shop at the minute and Torres is nothing short of a liability.  On current form (and for the last 18 months) he wouldn't get a game for Accrington Stanley Reserves.  Maybe knowing that the league is all over bar the shouting they'll give it a lash.  I note on other forums people are talking up a Chelsea v R Madrid final...crazy!!

Dinny Breen

Quote1. Firstly that the ref has a good game. Too often in Europe the ref has been the story against Chelsea, Barcelona (H and A), Monaco (H), and United (Moscow) being among several times where the ref has had a major bearing on the result. Indeed many Chelsea regulars have become very disinterested in the CL over the last few years due to this

:-X
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

Chelsea have no energy or pace in the middle now, too leggy in a crucial area, bad sign when Carrick outplays his opponents.

GalwayBayBoy

Poor old Norf will have to go back on the valium again. That was as clear a penalty and red card that you'll ever see.

Combine that with having paid 50M for that moody fecker up front as well.

Dave

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 06, 2011, 09:49:45 PM
Poor old Norf will have to go back on the valium again. That was as clear a penalty and red card that you'll ever see.

They'll be lucky to get 15mill for him in the summer..
Deal of the century for Liverpool FC.

118cmal

Quote from: Dave on April 06, 2011, 09:53:00 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 06, 2011, 09:49:45 PM

They'll be lucky to get 15mill for him in the summer..
Deal of the century for Liverpool FC.
Quote from: Dave on April 06, 2011, 09:53:00 PM

Not much point in getting 50m when you spend 35m on Andy Ponytail Carroll  ;)

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 06, 2011, 01:31:45 PM

2nd time you have mentioned this, u'll have to explain this bit to me? was it when Drogba got sent off (if you raise your hands it's a clear sending off every time) or when the ref failed to send off Terry for blowing his nose on the back of tevez neck (if terry got sent off he wouldn't have taken that penalty)

Anyways the better team won tonight but i wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea win in OT

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

new devil

Fulham spent 150 thousand on there plastic statue Chelsea spent 50 million on theirs !!  :P

Rocky Mc Guigan

Ones club is in a bad situation when ones owner is dictating who should be taken off and brought on

Norf Tyrone

Pleeeease tell me Jimmy got his memory back??  ;D

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 06, 2011, 10:59:48 PM
Ones club is in a bad situation when ones owner is dictating who should be taken off and brought on

Wha?

And Rossie... Surely you watched the 2008 CL final?

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 07, 2011, 12:53:55 AM

Wha?

Yes. did i miss a ghost goal or something?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on April 07, 2011, 01:09:26 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 07, 2011, 12:53:55 AM

Wha?

Yes. did i miss a ghost goal or something?

Rio Ferdinand escaping a clear second yellow card? Have you forgotten already?