Quote from: Big Puff on February 07, 2011, 11:08:20 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 07, 2011, 10:57:40 AM
Flo
Sutton
Crespo
Shevchenko
Torres?????

kezman?

He was so bad I had forgotten him.  Big reputations, big fees, never really delivered.

Tell me how much Flo cost, and check his record for Chelsea, and then trying making a point.

Small enough money maybe but 1 goal in every 3 1/2 games isn't a great return.

Small enough? We bought him for £300,000 he scored in one of every three games, but you haven't considered how many times he was sub. He scored against Barce home and away, twice in the quarter final of the CWC triumph, and he scored against United among many others.

In total he made less than 100 starts and scored 50 goals, and was sold for a £11.7 million profit! That's a success in my book!

In addition, Crespo was a very popular player at SB and still is. His time was mixed but he would've been a big success but for his personal issues, and Mutu the same, except his personal problems were self inflicted. Besides Mutu cost nowt!

The thing in your point is correct, Chelsea has been a graveyard for big money strikers over time. The one you're missing is Robert Fleck. Sutton, Sheva, and Kezman being in there too.

To include Torres after one hour? The fickleness of football fans!

Not the fickleness of fans, just enjoying for once in a long time being able to rub it up the opposition ;D  You may be right about Flo in some respect so I will replace him with Mutu and also Casiraghi.  Although the latter's time was destroyed by injury he is in the ultimate footballers graveyard as his career ended there and he was a major investment that never returned anything, £5.4m, 10 games, 1 goal and 2 years worth of ages.  Mutu, may have started in a blaze but burned out very quickly and Chelsea will not see a shilling of the money they are chasing him for and what they are accruing increasing legal bills for because once he is finished in Fiorentina he will beclare himself bankrupt and flee to Romania to live up the side of a moutain in this castle

stiffler

How ironic would it be if liverpool displaced chelse in the top 4 this season?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

screenmachine

Is it just me or has everything went to the wall regarding Chelsea ever since Ray Wilkins got the chop. If memory serves me right their recent run of bad form started straight after his dismissal. There seems to be very little spoke of this anywhere really but I feel Wilkins may have had more of an input at Chelsea than what most would believe!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: stiffler on February 07, 2011, 01:16:33 PM
How ironic would it be if liverpool displaced chelse in the top 4 this season?

I can't see it to be honest.  I reckon that 67 points will get 4th this year and to do that liverpool must pick up 29 out of the remaining 36 points available.  Not impossible but the have to play a few toughies.  The good thing is that they have a lot of home games and outside of Arsenal and Sunderland the away games are not too hard, West Ham, West Brom, Fulham and Villa on the last day.  One game at a time though.

AZOffaly

True BC. I wouldn't be targetting any specific finish at the moment. Just move on to the next game and try your best to win that. As Bob Paisley used to say, 'look after the little things, and let the big things look after themselves'.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 07, 2011, 01:06:03 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 07, 2011, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 07, 2011, 12:24:36 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 07, 2011, 12:14:53 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 07, 2011, 11:10:28 AM
Quote from: Big Puff on February 07, 2011, 11:08:20 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 07, 2011, 10:57:40 AM
Flo
Sutton
Crespo
Shevchenko
Torres?????

kezman?

He was so bad I had forgotten him.  Big reputations, big fees, never really delivered.

Tell me how much Flo cost, and check his record for Chelsea, and then trying making a point.

Small enough money maybe but 1 goal in every 3 1/2 games isn't a great return.

Small enough? We bought him for £300,000 he scored in one of every three games, but you haven't considered how many times he was sub. He scored against Barce home and away, twice in the quarter final of the CWC triumph, and he scored against United among many others.

In total he made less than 100 starts and scored 50 goals, and was sold for a £11.7 million profit! That's a success in my book!

In addition, Crespo was a very popular player at SB and still is. His time was mixed but he would've been a big success but for his personal issues, and Mutu the same, except his personal problems were self inflicted. Besides Mutu cost nowt!

The thing in your point is correct, Chelsea has been a graveyard for big money strikers over time. The one you're missing is Robert Fleck. Sutton, Sheva, and Kezman being in there too.

To include Torres after one hour? The fickleness of football fans!

Not the fickleness of fans, just enjoying for once in a long time being able to rub it up the opposition ;D  You may be right about Flo in some respect so I will replace him with Mutu and also Casiraghi.  Although the latter's time was destroyed by injury he is in the ultimate footballers graveyard as his career ended there and he was a major investment that never returned anything, £5.4m, 10 games, 1 goal and 2 years worth of ages.  Mutu, may have started in a blaze but burned out very quickly and Chelsea will not see a shilling of the money they are chasing him for and what they are accruing increasing legal bills for because once he is finished in Fiorentina he will beclare himself bankrupt and flee to Romania to live up the side of a moutain in this castle

Good call re Casiraghi actually. I'd forget about him! Phil Babb will remember his goal better than anyone!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Big Puff

Robert Fleck, mark stein and Tony cascarino are strikers with big reputations who failed at SB

is chelsea a graveyard for big money strikers?

ross4life

Quote from: Big Puff on February 07, 2011, 10:04:00 PM
Robert Fleck, mark stein and Tony cascarino are strikers with big reputations who failed at SB

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Have you not read the last page of this thread?

Mark Stein (63 games/ 25 goals) and broke the premier league record for scoring in consecutive games. Failure? No.

Cascarino, I think came as a swop for Tommy Boyd.. so how do you reckon he came with a big reputation? Geezus. Big Cas did alright. Never set the world on fire, but got a hat-trick against Spurs which is enough to become a hero to Chelsea any day of the week!

If people are going to come on here, and make points, at least back it up with something credible.

muppet

Cascarino was a big striker with a reputation. Different thing altogether!
MWWSI 2017

Norf Tyrone

A new 5 1/2 year deal for what I'd call our best player this season, Branislav Ivanovic. Good stuff.

Doogie Browser

Loved him squaring up to Cech on Sunday, Cech shit a brick!

The Worker

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 10, 2011, 10:02:40 PM

Once that happened it was clear as day chelsea where there for the taking!

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Worker on February 10, 2011, 10:08:41 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 10, 2011, 10:02:40 PM

Once that happened it was clear as day chelsea where there for the taking!

Funny.. I thought the opposite. I was wrong.