The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I thought Spuds offered Cole more money, I could be wrong though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 06, 2011, 11:10:07 AM
Well today marks the day when the former idol returns to face his old fans in the enemies shirt. Personally I hope he gets a decent reception and the Judas c**t, doesn't get the abuse he'll likely face. However I can understand too the hurt that it can cause especially when he did proclaim his love for the club, and then he ups and leave for just a few pound more. But enough about Joe Cole.

Well today will be spikey, and I would say that Liverpool will be really fired up for this today, meaning Chelsea need to reciprocate if they want to get the 3 points they need.

Personally I doubt Torres or Luiz will start, and instead the 11 that started midweek v Sunderland (And played fantastically well) will be back in action today. Indeed CA has already said that Anelka starts.

Should be good crack!

How will Luiz fit in when Alex is fit? & doesn't Torres play best when he's on his own up front
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Well today marks the day when the former idol returns to face his old fans in the enemies shirt. Personally I hope he gets a decent reception and the Judas c**t, doesn't get the abuse he'll likely face. However I can understand too the hurt that it can cause especially when he did proclaim his love for the club, and then he ups and leave for just a few pound more. But enough about Joe Cole.

If John Aldridge is to be believed Liverpool could be adding another Cole from Chelsea to their squad in the summer.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2011, 01:02:51 PM

If John Aldridge is to be believed Liverpool could be adding another Cole from Chelsea to their squad in the summer.

That will be solely down to the weekly wage they can offer the p***k.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2011, 01:02:51 PM

That Carlton Cole w***e!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on February 06, 2011, 12:08:27 PM

Well today will be spikey, and I would say that Liverpool will be really fired up for this today, meaning Chelsea need to reciprocate if they want to get the 3 points they need.

Personally I doubt Torres or Luiz will start, and instead the 11 that started midweek v Sunderland (And played fantastically well) will be back in action today. Indeed CA has already said that Anelka starts.

Should be good crack!

How will Luiz fit in when Alex is fit? & doesn't Torres play best when he's on his own up front

As stated before I don't think we really need Luiz, but I'd expect Ferreria to go in the summer, and that will leave Ivan and Bosingwa for RB and Alex, JT and Luiz for centre back plus Brauma. You need at least 3 experienced centre halfs in your squad.

Torres... Who knows!

118cmal

I saw somewhere recently that Ancelotti was considering using Luiz as as a holding midfielder?

No idea how true that is, and don't think he's played there before.  But he's very fast and a good passer, and presumably he can read the game and tackle so perhaps he could do a job there?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: 118cmal on February 06, 2011, 01:48:04 PM
I saw somewhere recently that Ancelotti was considering using Luiz as as a holding midfielder?

No idea how true that is, and don't think he's played there before.  But he's very fast and a good passer, and presumably he can read the game and tackle so perhaps he could do a job there?

Didn't read that but I know he's had the odd game there, but I doubt if that'll be the FT position intended for him!

The Real Laoislad

I'm surprised Ancelotti didn't play Torres today,any reason why Norf?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

paco

Chelsea should have been spending the cash on a creative midfielder, too reliant on Lampard. John Obi Mikel is the most underwhelming footballer I've ever watched!

Doogie Browser

Chelsea out of the title race now surely? Flat display today, think I would have Malouda in place of Anelka, front 3 are just too similar.

Carmen Stateside

Its clear that it was The Russians signing and not Carlos.
Changing the whole team set up to facilitate Torres along with the other two sulks is never going to work.

under the bar

I would not say Chelase are out of the race but they porbably need to beat United in both games, win 9 out of the other 11, hope that Arsenal do their usual sh*t the pants in the home run and City just do only what City do best.

Norf Tyrone

A few days after what I thought was our best performance in years comes our worst. Shocking. Totally shocking.

I was going to start typing on... but I'll stop. The beer is not my friend!

Well played Liverpool. I don't think the best team won.. as such... but they showed enough heart to deserve the points I'd suggest!