The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Torres could turn out to be a great signing for Chelsea, or a major flop.  How likely is he to return to the form he showed a few seasons ago with Liverpool, or have the constant injuries taken their toll?  Will he play more than 20 games a season for Chelsea?  How will he handle playing at a team where someone else is the top dog up front, and Chelsea haven't exactly set the world alight when trying to pair Drogba with someone else up front.  As I said, he could turn out to be great and show that his recent Liverpool form wasn't down to injury etc but down to attitude.  He could be the perfect partner for Drogba and fire them to the Champions League crown.  It will be an interesting few months ahead.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ross4life

The thing i don't understand is why a club need to spend 50m on a forward after finishing last season the highest pl goalscorers ever.... Maybe its because they want to win the 6-0 games 9-0?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on February 01, 2011, 09:14:14 AM
The thing i don't understand is why a club need to spend 50m on a forward after finishing last season the highest pl goalscorers ever.... Maybe its because they want to win the 6-0 games 9-0?

The most important thing when you're at the top, is to stay there.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

It'll be interesting now to speculate on what Chelsea's strongest XI is going to be. My biggest worry is the formation. Will Ancellotti try and squeeze all the 'big names' in? If he does we could end up seeing the dreaded diamond again.

Torres and Drogba will both definately feature together, but would a 4-3-3 work with those two in it?

So what line will Torres join?

Fleck, Kezman, Sutton, Shevchenko?
Hasselbaink, Drogba, Dixon, Flo?

muppet

Drogba will be 33 in March and Anelka will be 32 in March.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 01, 2011, 09:25:37 AM

Totally agree & once Man United finally make it to number 19 (something i have been looking forward to for some time) they will be officially the top dogs of English football & TBH i'll be long gone from God's green earth before Chelsea's reach that mountain.

Quote from: muppet on February 01, 2011, 10:02:25 AM

Hush now... Norf told us all they weren't old with plenty of years left.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on February 01, 2011, 10:20:56 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 01, 2011, 09:25:37 AM

Totally agree & once Man United finally make it to number 19 (something i have been looking forward to for some time) they will be officially the top dogs of English football & TBH i'll be long gone from God's green earth before Chelsea's reach that mountain.

Quote from: muppet on February 01, 2011, 10:02:25 AM

Hush now... Norf told us all they weren't old with plenty of years left.

I am torn between asking you did I see that, or just leaving it and enjoy day one of the Torres/ Luiz era!

Dinny Breen

NT, I'm curious you've always extolled the virtues of the young players coming through at Chelsea and seem to genuine lament when they don't get the opportunites and this season in particular you seemed content to see Chelsea trim their squad and put more focus on getting young players through

So how does a £75m loss in a double year and £71m on two players fit in with that, I guess some part of you is actually disappointed yesterday even though the opportunity to gloat at the children was very enjoyable?
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Chelsea will finish ahead of Arsenal in the PL table this season.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 01, 2011, 05:08:25 PM
NT, I'm curious you've always extolled the virtues of the young players coming through at Chelsea and seem to genuine lament when they don't get the opportunites and this season in particular you seemed content to see Chelsea trim their squad and put more focus on getting young players through

So how does a £75m loss in a double year and £71m on two players fit in with that, I guess some part of you is actually disappointed yesterday even though the opportunity to gloat at the children was very enjoyable?

It's a good question Dinny that deserves more than a one line answer, so I'll reply when I have a wee bit more time on my hands.

As for tonight, that was a superb game of football with Chelsea's performance surpassing perhaps anything I seen from them last year. It certainly looked like the arrival of fresh blood has gave Mssrs Drogba, Kalou and Anelka the toe up the hole required.

Anelka in particular was unbelievable. It was easilly the best game I've seen from him in a blue shirt. More of the same please Chelsea!

STREET FIGHTER

Puckoon

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on February 01, 2011, 10:37:44 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 01, 2011, 10:10:01 PM

How do yo know?

He'd better hope they don't, because if a team finishes above Arsenal this season (and if it happens there will only be one), they will win the league.

ross4life

How do you know?

Have dotted all the i's & crossed all the t's we'll see if i'm right again!

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: ross4life on February 01, 2011, 10:41:41 PM

How do you know?

Have dotted all the i's & crossed all the t's we'll see if i'm right again!

Hope youve jinxed yourself and your wrong just this once.

Norf Tyrone

Well today marks the day when the former idol returns to face his old fans in the enemies shirt. Personally I hope he gets a decent reception and the Judas c**t, doesn't get the abuse he'll likely face. However I can understand too the hurt that it can cause especially when he did proclaim his love for the club, and then he ups and leave for just a few pound more. But enough about Joe Cole.

Well today will be spikey, and I would say that Liverpool will be really fired up for this today, meaning Chelsea need to reciprocate if they want to get the 3 points they need.

Personally I doubt Torres or Luiz will start, and instead the 11 that started midweek v Sunderland (And played fantastically well) will be back in action today. Indeed CA has already said that Anelka starts.

Should be good crack!