The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Wolves seemed to want it more. 

Seeing Cole being chased/harried towards his own goal (from inside the opposition's Half) and dispossessed really summed how up for it Wolves were.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dinny Breen

QuoteOn present form FC Copenhagen will be a tough challenge considering they have only won 4 matches since the start of November in all competitions. I think they'll win but get hammered in the next round by better opposition, simply not good enough and don't see them turning it around.

Sorry don't buy into that EPL form carrying into Europe, two totally different beasts and a completely different motivation. Chelsea are the only EPL team equipped to win the UCL this year.
#newbridgeornowhere

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 06, 2011, 10:33:34 AM
QuoteOn present form FC Copenhagen will be a tough challenge considering they have only won 4 matches since the start of November in all competitions. I think they'll win but get hammered in the next round by better opposition, simply not good enough and don't see them turning it around.

Sorry don't buy into that EPL form carrying into Europe, two totally different beasts and a completely different motivation. Chelsea are the only EPL team equipped to win the UCL this year.

100% correct Dinny followed by Utd.

thebigfella

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 06, 2011, 10:44:35 AM

100% correct Dinny followed by Utd.

Wise up the pair of you, Chelsea are a shambles at the moment, especially at the back. Also Essien for me has went from being one of the best players (IMO) in the world to Eric Demba Demba in less than a season. If they don't turn it around before the Champions League kicks off again their confidence will be totally shot and it won't matter how much motivation they have.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 05, 2011, 10:43:18 PM
Seriously Chelsea what the hell is going on??

I would say their best players are getting old but you wouldn't expect age to kick in so suddenly. Very strange how they've just fallen off a cliff though.

Norf Tyrone

I am not sure if the age thing is the factor people are making it out to be. Certainly it has an impact, but I think it's a handy thing to blame.

Look at the players that are playing especially poor, Kalou, Anelka, Essien, and Malouda. Only Anelka is in the so called 'old' range. I think the team had a dip in confidence, and where-by in previous years you could arrest that fairly quickly with a handyish win against a Sunderland or a Birmingham. Well that fall back is more difficult this year due to the improvemen on the mid table teams.

Suddenly a 2-3 game run becomes 6-7 and the hole just gets deeper.

I am not convinced the defence is the issue as well, as most people seem to suggest. Ivanovic, Terry and Cech have been among our better performers this year. The trouble, ironically considering last year, is our ability to create openings.

I am not convinced Drogba is fully fit. You can't have a serious disease one day and be able to play top class football the next. You simply can't.

Anelka is not the man for a crisis, and his lack of 'important goals' in his Chelsea career is glaring. Malouda's form drifts alarmingly, Kalou is  good sub, while neither Sturridge nor Kakuta are bein given a chance. That leaves Lampard who is just coming back from injury and will need a week or two.

Personally we need a right winger, a play maker and another stiker. Now Kakuta, Sturridge and McEacheran can do these roles, but they'll need time.

Ironically in today's reserve league, Chelsea beat Spurs 7-3. Guess who scored? Sturridge with 5 (Yes 5) and Kakuta.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nrico2006

Bollox, Chelsea are on the slide and people got carried away with their start to the season when anybody with half a brain could see they had a handy start fixture wise.  They will turn it around to an extent, personally think they will finish 3rd in the league.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 06, 2011, 03:25:34 PM

Bollox, Chelsea are on the slide and people got carried away with their start to the season when anybody with half a brain could see they had a handy start fixture wise.  They will turn it around to an extent, personally think they will finish 3rd in the league.

The fixtures were handyish, but no more difficult than the games we are losing now. The teams at the start of the year were, WBA, Wigan, Stoke, West Ham, Blackpool, Man City, Arsenal, Villa, Wolves then Blackburn. A run which yielded W8, D1 an L1.

All those teams mentioned have beaten the so called big teams at some point. Indeed United could've and should've lost to some on that list, especially WBA.

I think the phrase 'handy fixture' is especially redundant this year.

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 06, 2011, 03:18:21 PM

I am not convinced Drogba is fully fit. You can't have a serious disease one day and be able to play top class football the next. You simply can't.

Well i'm not convinced about the illness i think it was a excuse for poor form, no way would Carlo be starting him week in week out if he wasn't fully fit & at least his form is better than Torres,Rooney or his own in season 2008/09.

Have to say i admire your faith in the Chelsea cubs to me they look very raw have any of them been out on loan?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on January 06, 2011, 07:03:48 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 06, 2011, 03:18:21 PM

Well i'm not convinced about the illness i think it was a excuse for poor form, no way would Carlo be starting him week in week out if he wasn't fully fit & at least his form is better than Torres,Rooney or his own in season 2008/09.

Have to say i admire your faith in the Chelsea cubs to me they look very raw have any of them been out on loan?

Don't get me wrong. I don't think the cubs are the complete answer. However part of the problem is that senior footballers are playing with no fear of being dropped. The soloution is to drop them. The only way to do that is play the cubs because with injuries to Mikel, Alex, Zhirkov, & Benayoun etc they are the only options.

However the cubs do have promise. McEacheran is the best young player I've ever seen coming through  Chelsea, while Bruma, Kakuta and Van Aarnholt have a chance. A good chance.

The only fella that has gone on loan was Van Aarnholt who did very well at Newcastle and Coventry last year. Sturridge of course has shown enough at City and the spells I've seen him come on at Chelsea to suggest he deserves a starting run.

Norf Tyrone

To the tune of "I will survive"...

At first I was afraid I was petrified
Kept thinkin' I would never again see McEachran in the side
But then I spent so many nights
Thinkin' how Carlo was wrong
I remembered the FA Cup 3rd round, and then I learned how to carry on

And so its Ipswich, you'll get a place
Maybe at the expense of Kalouless with that dopey look on his face
Carlo should have already changed the stupid line up
He should have made you the midfield key
If he'd' known for just one second how bad Essien was gonna be

Go on now Josh, walk out the changing room door
Don't turn around now
Cos you're not on the subs bench anymore
Weren't you man of the match in Monaco, one I saw actually try?
You didnt crumble, you didnt lay down and die

Oh Sunday, Josh..you'll run the side
You'll give all of us supporters back some long forgotten pride
If you give all you have to give
Even a replay I could live with
I will survive, even dream of reaching round 5. Hey hey.

As its clear the untouchables team has now fallen apart
I keep trying' hard to think why Anelka and Drogba always get to start
And I spent oh so many nights just feeling sorry for myself, I used to cry
But on Sunday afternoon, I can hold my head up high

I see Sundays team, with somebody new
I'm no longer that depressed and angry person, I'll be back in love with the Blues
And so if you feel like scoring one, maybe two or maybe three
I'll be doing all my cheering' for someone who's cheering me

Go on now Josh.. etc.

ross4life

Banners outside the Chelsea training ground this morning.

Doesn't say much for the Chelsea fans that hung those up?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Those supporters must be young. If they'd remembered the 60s, 70s, 80s and a lot of the 90s they'd realise that Chelsea's status is off the scale compared to then.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Yup agree O'Neill, short memories these fans have with little or no knowledge of the history of Chelsea FC

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on January 07, 2011, 07:55:14 PM
Those supporters must be young. If they'd remembered the 60s, 70s, 80s and a lot of the 90s they'd realise that Chelsea's status is off the scale compared to then.

Totally agree. However it may only have been one or two fans involved.

I enjoyed Chelsea in the 80s. It was fun.

For the record Chelsea's rise to today started in May 1993 (I think that's when Hoddle started) off the top of my head.