The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Having watched the full 90mins & not highlights IMHO Bolton where denied a deserved point in Stamford bridge for the 2nd time in 8 months & yep it's getting freaky how prophet like i have become.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on December 31, 2010, 03:19:24 PM
Having watched the full 90mins & not highlights IMHO Bolton where denied a deserved point in Stamford bridge for the 2nd time in 8 months & yep it's getting freaky how prophet like i have become.

Ha
In your original post there was still 20 minutes of the game remaining AND you were watchin 76 matches simultaneously AND posting on here AND phoning your 'friends' in London. You were like SKY on a Saturday after all the analysts had been paid off! ;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Well your match analysts needs to be somewhat better, "The first 50-55 mins was more of the same old" how about some credit to Bolton?

I don't let my heart rule my head over on the United thread! while many believed they were robbed with the late goal i was honest enough to say Birmingham deserved a draw.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on December 31, 2010, 06:46:52 PM
Well your match analysts needs to be somewhat better, "The first 50-55 mins was more of the same old" how about some credit to Bolton?

I don't let my heart rule my head over on the United thread! while many believed they were robbed with the late goal i was honest enough to say Birmingham deserved a draw.

Whataboutery.

orangeman

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Square Ball

is it over yet? My internet connection balls up and cant get the game
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

What a game.

What a pity Villa didn't believe that they could beat Chelsea and decided to defend from the 47th minute.

Terry was giving Drogba a quare bollocking at the end.

But for Villa's keeper, Chelsea could have beat them handy.

ross4life

Villa got a deserved point! did anyone see the penalty Chelsea got? first time i have ever seen a team get one for handling the ball the themselves.

Some turn around in the Chelsea results this season as they beat Villa 7-1 & Sunderland 7-2 last yr.

orangeman

FROM BBC

Interesting to read into a couple of the celebrations for Chelsea's goals just now. Nobody seemed to want to congratulate Didier Drogba for his equaliser, while the whole team went nuts when John Terry bagged what was perceived to be the winner, running over to embrace Carlo Ancelotti. So, whether or not Drogba is Mr Popular, the squad are behind their manager,

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: orangeman on January 02, 2011, 03:50:18 PM
FROM BBC

Interesting to read into a couple of the celebrations for Chelsea's goals just now. Nobody seemed to want to congratulate Didier Drogba for his equaliser, while the whole team went nuts when John Terry bagged what was perceived to be the winner, running over to embrace Carlo Ancelotti. So, whether or not Drogba is Mr Popular, the squad are behind their manager,

Maybe it was just more of a case of with Drogbas goal it was get the ball back and the game started asap so they could push for the winner and with Terry's goal they thought it was the winner.
Deserved point for Villa,thought Brad Friedel alone deserved not to be on a losing side today he made some excellent saves.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 02, 2011, 04:00:45 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 02, 2011, 03:50:18 PM
FROM BBC

Maybe it was just more of a case of with Drogbas goal it was get the ball back and the game started asap so they could push for the winner and with Terry's goal they thought it was the winner.
Deserved point for Villa,thought Brad Friedel alone deserved not to be on a losing side today he made some excellent saves.

Aye. That's exactly what it was. Talk about spin from the BEEB.

The match itself, and again the question has to be asked why do Chelsea wait until the 50 to 60 minute mark before showing a sense of urgency. To me there are too many players looking at the bench (Anelka, Essien etc) and thinking there is nothing on that bench that they'll drop me for. Carlo has to start getting ruthless.

No matter who he puts in, he must start dropping the non performers to send out a message. Put MacEacheran in for Essien and Sturridge for Anelka. Something to send out a warning shot to the dressing room.

Even when it went to 3-2, I thought there was a sting in the tail, and alas...

orangeman

Did any of you see the pictures of Terry giving Drogba a rollicking at full time ?.

It certainly didn't look good and it looks that all is not well in that relationship.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: orangeman on January 02, 2011, 05:50:17 PM
Did any of you see the pictures of Terry giving Drogba a rollicking at full time ?.

It certainly didn't look good and it looks that all is not well in that relationship.

Never seen it, as I had to cut it as soon as the game was over, but good. Someone needs to be giving someone a rollicking!

I should add that just because someone gets a rollicking suggests that somethign is wrong in the 'relationship'! It more than likely means they are f**ked off!