The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Never got a chance to comment on Sunday's draw. In truth struggling to know what to make it of it as it certainly was a mixed performance.

Part of me looks at the players that were missing, Lampard, Terry, Essien, Benyaoun and Zhirkov coupled with the half fit Malouda, Drogba, and Alex and think of it as a decentish performance that with a bit of luck could've yielded 3 points.

However I also note that Newcastle were missing a few (Nolan, the centre halfs, Barton) and that the Chelsea performace was sloppy in parts, Mikel, Anelka and Alex especially iffy.

What we do notice more and more is how important Terry and Lampard are to Chelsea, more so than Essien IMHO. When you've a team showing ropey form sometimes it's leaders you need and those two supply that in abundence. JT back for Saturday with a bit of luck.

I notice that the media didn't spend much time dwelling on the ill luck Chelsea had on Sunday. A half shout for a Kalou penalty, and a very likely Cole penalty. Add that to the goal that Drogba had wrongly disallowed and there was definately a real lack of luck. However all that doesn't suit the 'Chelsea in crisis' agenda.

Off the field there is definately a rumpus going on. Wilkens has gone and now Aarnesan as well. Can't understand how all this political shenanigans has come along off the back of the double and an excellent start to this year's campaign. That's football I suppose!

Everton (H), Spurs (A) next up... Should be fun!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Zapatista

I'd appreciate some help as this is all new to me-

looking to head to a game with friend of mine and his 9 year old daughter. I want to take them to see Chelsea at home to Ipswich in the FA Cup 8th or 9th January. Is there anyone who would have the know how to get tickets... can't imagine home fans are going crazy to get to this one.

Minder

As Norf Tyrone is the custodian of this thread I am sure he will give you a shout when he sees your post.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

ross4life

Well deserved point for Everton today! Baines MOTM.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2010, 10:32:04 PM
Just saw the penalty decision there. That's harsh as fcuk. MOTD commentator was wondering why Howard didn't walk.

Anelka (I think) just ran straight into him. Howard just stood there.

Anelka knocked the ball right and then ran straight into Howard. Not much of a penalty but they are usually given, especially to a top 4 team playing at home.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

The Phil Neville pass to Anelka was almost as good as the Steven Gerrard one last season.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on December 04, 2010, 10:42:19 PM
Howard wasn't even looking at him. He turned to look at where the ball was going and got blattered by Anelka who made no attempt to go by him.

Pathetic decision.

I like it. Did Drogba sepp up to take the peno?
MWWSI 2017

Norf Tyrone

Shocking display by Chelsea today. Absoloutely shocking.

The last few weeks I was not overly worried, as with the injuries to the spine of the side, and a few players not fully fit I thought get one or two back, regroup and kick on again. No excuses today, and that's a worry. It's not a major concern when a side plays bad. However when a side plays bad, look disinterested, pass as poorly as Chelsea did and avoid rolling up the sleeves when they have their backs to the wall it's time to question what's going on? Unfortunately I don't have the answer.

Individually- the positives first- only John Terry and Ivanovic can hold their heads up after that. Terry especially tried everything to get the rest of them going, and at times the two boys were met by a barrage of Everton balls into the box which happened due to the absence of Chelsea's middle five today. Baines especially was allowed time and time again to amble forward and pick his cross.

Shockers- Anelka, Mikel, Bosingwa, Kalou and Essien. Dan Sturridge may retire now if Kalou, in current form, can play 90 minutes in front of him. Here is one that may surprise non Chelsea fans. Every time I read on here, and talk to people about Chelsea, injuries etc they point out how much Chelsea miss Essien.

There is no doubt Essien is a quality player, but to date this season he's offered nothing, and today he was worse than that. I appreciate that he was injured/ suspended but he is a long way off what he needs to be offering to class himself in the class that some rate him as. Considering the amount of football he missed last year, this year, and the off the field party boy rumours, it's time he knuckled down again.

The gaffer got a lot of things wrong today too. When Everton were coming back into the game in the 2nd half the subs were very negative, Paulo for Bosingwa and Ramieres for Anelka. It just invited pressure onto the side. As said previously a young, hungry, fit and speedy Sturridge for Kalou would've drove Everton backwards again and given Baines more to worry him.

A big few weeks coming up. Spurs, United and Arsenal among the games. Nine points the aim!  :o

I never watched MOTD tonight, but for all you stating it wasn't a penalty (I am still undecided) did they show Coleman's foul on Ashley Cole in the box? That was a more clear cut one IMHO.

Marseille and the kids next up....

Frank Lampard... Get well soon and SOS!

new devil

Very fair NT...3 weeks a go i thought Chelsea would walk the league...having seen a team implode as bad in a few weeks like this before
Do you think its anything to do with Ray Wilikins getting the boot?

P.s f**kers let me down for $1300  :'(

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 04, 2010, 11:18:40 PM

Cech,Drogba,Terry,Ferreira,Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Essien, Malouda, Kalou very impressive group of kids there Norf.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on December 08, 2010, 07:06:09 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 04, 2010, 11:18:40 PM

Cech,Drogba,Terry,Ferreira,Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Essien, Malouda, Kalou very impressive group of kids there Norf.

Thanks ross. I am delighted to see the sporting integrity of the competition is maintained by Ancellotti and Chelsea. No half baked outfits to fleece the hard work Marseilleise and Chelsea away support of their money. UEFA must now look at Chelsea as ambassadors for this competition as once again we uphold the corinthian spirit.

ross4life

ExiledGael

Another defeat, should have played the kids. All is definitely not well with Chelsea.