The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Jeffrey Bruma has received his first call into the Netherlands senior national squad.

The 18-year-old defender is one of six new names selected by Dutch manager Bert van Marwijk who has not chosen any players he took to the World Cup in his 18-man party. He does not wish to place an unnecessary burden upon them.

The forthcoming game is a friendly away to Ukraine on 11 August.

Bruma made nine appearances for the Dutch Under 21 side last season
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

So. Anyone know anything about this Ramires chap?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 03, 2010, 04:21:31 PM
Sounds a dodgy deal again, a bit like the Tevez/Mascherano transfers a few years back.

Norf Tyrone

Strong 11 for the double winners for today's game v Hamburg. 55K sell out for a friendly on a Wednesday afternoon. Good work German football!

Hilario

Cole
JT
Ivanovic
Ferreria

Mikel
Essien
Lamps

Kalou
Anelka
Maloooouudda

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 03, 2010, 04:21:31 PM

Didn't see any of his games in World Cup, bit of a risk.  Problems with work permit anyway??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Norf Tyrone

58 games, 6 high quality goal. Good bye Deco.

Fluminese awaits.

So that's Cole, Ballack, Belletti, Deco, and Stoch gone this season, and just Benyaoun and probably Ramieres in. A sign that Ancellotti is going to give Brauma, Hutchinson, Kakuta, Borini, Van Aarnholt etc a chance!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Boycey on August 08, 2010, 11:23:53 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 08, 2010, 09:09:03 AM
58 games, 6 high quality goal. Good bye Deco.

Fluminese awaits.

So that's Cole, Ballack, Belletti, Deco, and Stoch gone this season, and just Benyaoun and probably Ramieres in. A sign that Ancellotti is going to give Brauma, Hutchinson, Kakuta, Borini, Van Aarnholt etc a chance!

Sign of the times too, shedding those players probably saves them in the region of 300k a week in wages or about 15mil a year  :o.

Heres a link to a decent article by Gabriele Marcotti on why there is so little activity in transfer market
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/gabriele_marcotti/08/05/UEFA.Finances/index.html

Cheers Boycey. I'll read the Marcotti article later. He usually chats sense.

I'd say shifting those lads off the books may actually be in or around £400K a week. Scandalous when you think of that!

Norf Tyrone

Played somewhat better than we did in the other pre season games so quite content with the performance, although disapointed to lose. A week or two's more training will get that sharpness bak at both ends of the field.

The big worry would be Ashley Cole who had his worst game in a Blue shirt, and looked to have his mind on other things! Hopefully it's just a lack of sharpness at this stage of the season.

Norf Tyrone

The legend that is Ricardo 'Percy' Carvalho is on his way to Real Madrid.

Not surprised at this deal to be honest as with JT, Alex and Ivanovic please Brauma and or Mancienne, he was falling down the order. A superb defender for Chelsea, and has cemented his place in the affections of the fans. Remember his goal v The Mancs as we secured that second league title, and his run was instrumental for Lampard to get that second goal v Bolton in 05.

In truth it's a fantastic bit of business by Chelsea. Apparently £6.8 million is the fee, and to get that for a 32year old 3rd choice is fantastic! That and the £90k a week off the budget.

Good luck Lord Percy/

new devil

Better than JT at the moment...hope it comes back to bite yous in the ass  ;)

ross4life

Chelsea doing a good job of clearing out the dead wood Belletti,Ballack,Carvallho,Deco should give the younger players Kakuta,Sturridge,Hutchinson a chance to shine
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on August 10, 2010, 11:01:24 PM
Chelsea doing a good job of clearing out the dead wood Belletti,Ballack,Carvallho,Deco should give the younger players Kakuta,Sturridge,Hutchinson a chance to shine

Unusually I agree with you!
With Joe Cole, Stoch and Sinclair gone too it's quite a clear out. As you should allow the great white hopes an opportunity. However I'd expected 1 or 2 additions, with Rameries work permit appeal today I believe.

I see the sense/ value in all the players in the out folder bar Stoch.

ross4life

Don't underestimate how important of player Joe Cole was, even last season his goal in OT more or less won the league & at just 28 he still had a lot to give... will be interesting to see will his replacement Benayoun fill the void
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on August 11, 2010, 03:13:02 PM
Don't underestimate how important of player Joe Cole was, even last season his goal in OT more or less won the league & at just 28 he still had a lot to give... will be interesting to see will his replacement Benayoun fill the void

Ak. Sure you argue the importance of every player based on one moment.

I think Cole could do well at Liverpool, and I am sorry to see him go. I think he'll do better at Liverpool, being a slighlty bigger fish (No offence lads), and more regular games.

He had gone stale a wee bit at the Bridge. Good luck to him.

Norf Tyrone

Does anyone have a link to an updated Premier League table? The ones that I usually check don't appear to have been updated since the end of the season past.

Thanks.

;)