The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

not often i agree with a manc, but thats sort of the liverpool opinion on them too (and before ye start i know were not terribly big rivals for anyone atm);
basically until chelski come close to 18 titles they can have their fun for a while; and while annoyin to see thon cnut terry with a smile on his face; well accept it through gritted teeth for a while anyway...

anyway, enough of the thread hijacking; away for an cup o tae....

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: paco on May 18, 2010, 07:14:00 PM
Anyone see John Terry's interview on Sky? Said that he would take the double over the Champion's League every season for the rest of his career, because they had never won the double in their history. Didn't make sense to me. What's the consensus from the blues on here?

I agree. Doesn't make sense.

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 18, 2010, 08:52:34 PM
now, what about this history?  see boateng has apologised; but ballack still considering legal action.......

It's actually his agent who is talking about the legal action, not Ballack as far as I see. Probably all hot air. There is no grounds for legal action. It was a bad tackle alright, but you'll see them type of 'letting you know I am there tackles' regularly.

Quote from: Puckoon on May 18, 2010, 08:59:27 PM
Ballack definitely has not hit his suggested potential in England.

No arguments there. He has been just ok. I can think of very few games where he was the outstanding player. However he is useful in that deep sitting, holding role dictating the play. Personally I think he'd merit another 12 months at a greatly reduced wage. However it wouldn't be the end of the world if he went.

Quote from: new devil on May 18, 2010, 09:25:43 PM
Ballack,Ashley Cole and John Terry are 3 off the players i hate most but i don't mind chelsea...just a pity them other two didn't miss the world cup as well
I don't think United fans see Chelsea as rivals like Arsenal and Liverpool because once red Rom leaves with his money they will go back to just plain old Chelsea

People have been talking about Rom leaving from the day he took over. I thought it was fantastic to see an owner living the game against Wigan. Kicked every kick and headed every cross. He looks like a man who is enjoying it as much as ever. Indeed his major 'gift' earlier this year substantiates that.

Onto that Chelsea are slowly getting themselves into a position where Rom's money is not as important. Take a look at the data to see where the money has been spent in the transfer market over the last three seasons, and you'll see Chelsea in 7th spot.

Chelsea's global support has multipied over the last few seasons as well, and IF (And it's a BIG if) Rom ever does decide to sell up, we'll be in a much stronger position than where we were in May 20004. And if we're not, sure it'll have a loc of yaers of quer craic. Also Arnesan's youth policy shows signs of delivery with Kakura, Brauma, Stoch and a few others being elevated to the first team squad next season.

People have looked at Abromovich as being 'bad' for the game. I can appreciate that view point, but from a balance perspecitive I think he has brought more good. For example breaking the duopoly of Arsenal and United in the Premiership. How boring would it have been with these sides dominating on their own for the last 10 years?

The Russian has also saved so many clubs with the 'new money'. When the spree of 2004 and 2005 took place, this went on players from Blackburn, Charlton, West Ham and the like. This was money over and about the street value of the player's sold. This money then filtered through the leagues as those sides reinvested.

There was an article in one of the broad sheets a season or two back where two club's existance was said to have been secured by Roman's money (I think Southampton was one of them). Roman has single handedly pumped ~ £200million into the pyramid structure of the football league it's believed.

On jibbajabba's point there about "basically until chelski come close to 18 titles they can have their fun for a while". We are having fun. However I think the point is being missed. I don't support Chelsea because they win titles. By geezus the first 25 years of supporting them told me that. So the craic is not the winning, it's more- and this sounds really cheesey- just being Chelsea. I suppose your team, is your team.

If you recall Liverpool and United didn't commence their historys with 18 to their name. They had to build foundations, and become what they are today. Without being too bitchy about the whole thing, Liverpool and United have a shameful love in that helped them avoid being relegated one season before all these trophies came along. Who knows what might've happened if that event had not occured? Match fixing something that fans of both teams never seem to talk about when recounting history.

On a final note, Chelsea were accused of playing boring football and 'buying the title' in the first two seasons. They have spent very little the last few seasons (Relativelly speaking) and scored 103 goals this season, playing some exciting stuff. Still the negativity and bitterness appears.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

A Quinn Martin Production

Norf, you're letting the board down with all this research, facts and structured analysis.  Can we get back to wild speculation mixed in with the odd insult here and there?

I wonder how many of the MU and Liverpool fans on the board started supporting their team because they were successful??

BTW Chelsea have 6 League titles.  People forget the 2nd Div wins in 1984 and 1989, part of the glory years that included triumphs in the Full Members Cups of 1986 and 1990 :P
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Chelsea FC plc is "debt free"...or is it??

From the Guardian

When Chelsea published their accounts for 2008-09 earlier this year, the club announced that its owner, the Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich, had written off his mammoth £726m loan to the club, and converted it into shares.  But is not quite as clear-cut as that. Abramovich channelled his loans to the club, since taking it over in 2003 and wanting to spend its way to trophies, via a holding company, Chelsea Limited. He loaned money to Chelsea Limited, who then loaned it on to Chelsea FC plc, which runs the club.  It is true that the loans from the holding company to Chelsea FC plc were fully converted to shares last year. However Abramovich's loan to Chelsea Limited, the holding company which owns Chelsea FC plc, was not. That loan remains owing; in fact it increased from £701m, because Abramovich loaned another £25m in a year when Chelsea's extravagant spending, and the dismissal of Luiz Felipe Scolari and his coaching team, produced losses of £47m.  The accounts of Chelsea Limited (whose name was changed during the year to Fordstam Limited), show that loan still outstanding: £726m, owed to Abramovich.  A spokesman for the club confirmed that yesterday: "Recapitalisation of loans happened at the level of Chelsea FC plc, not the holding company (Fordstam), therefore making the football club debt free."  That is true. But Fordstam owns the football club company, and owes Abramovich £726m. The loan is interest free, but it is repayable if Abramovich gives 18 months' notice. The Russian could still demand the money back some day, either if the club is making a profit, or if he were to sell it. He has not, in fact, written off the huge loans he has made on his Chelsea adventure.

bingobus

Not sure where to post this but is it true that Paul Terry, brother of John, and a footballer at a lower league club has been caught doing the dirty with the bird of the clubs goalkeeper!!

It is this a new Terry V Terry comp that soccer am have started?

Norf Tyrone

Juliano Belletti on Twitter tonight...

On twitter:

Bye London. What city! Forever in my life. My youngest son was born there. These three years were incredible. I will return soon. Bye!

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 21, 2010, 09:15:43 PM
Juliano Belletti on Twitter tonight...

On twitter:

Bye London. What city! Forever in my life. My youngest son was born there. These three years were incredible. I will return soon. Bye!

Must be going to West Ham ;)

Norf Tyrone

I always like Benayoun but I'd prefer to see Kakuta and/ or Stoch given a lash.

Benayoun, 30, said: "Ancelotti wants me for next season and now everything depends on Liverpool. Chelsea will have to pay some £6m but I believe that in the end I'll be moving there."

Norf Tyrone

Brilliant for Blackpool to be in the Premiership.
At least Liverfool and Arse players can have a go on an open top bus!

;D

orangeman

BIG NEWS :

Joe Cole and Michael Ballack to leave Chelsea 

Ballack and Cole will be high-profile departures from Stamford Bridge
Chelsea have confirmed that Joe Cole and Michael Ballack are to leave the club on free transfers this summer.

Cole, 28, will depart at the start of July after the Premier League champions reportedly said they would not offer the England midfielder a fresh deal.

He joined Chelsea from West Ham for £6.6m in 2003 and is in South Africa preparing for the World Cup.

Germany midfielder Ballack, 33, who has been with Chelsea since 2006, will also not have his deal renewed.

Ballack was set to captain Germany at the World Cup but was ruled out of the tournament with an ankle injury suffered in May's FA Cup final victory over Portsmouth.

His contract also expires at the end of June and last month he was confident a new deal with Chelsea could be struck, telling Germany's Bild newspaper: "Chelsea are absolutely my first option."

Ballack was signed by former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on a free transfer from Bayern Munich in 2006.

606: DEBATE
I can't help but feel disappointed that two world class players are leaving on a free

District Line
He made a total of 105 league appearances for the club - helping Chelsea clinch their first title since 2006 this year - while also winning three FA Cups.

Chelsea say that he will remain at their Cobham training base for treatment on the ankle until it is healed.

Cole's departure from Stamford Bridge will surprise many as he is expected to play an important role for England manager Fabio Capello in South Africa.

"We would like to thank him for his dedicated years of service and wish him well in his future career," read a Chelsea statement.

He failed to hold down a starting berth in the Chelsea team this season after returning from a serious knee injury in September last year.

Cole made a total of 26 league appearances and scored two goals - including a vital strike in the 2-1 victory over title rivals Manchester United in April.

Reports surfaced during the season that Cole's future was in doubt as contract negotiations over a new contract stalled, with suggestions that the player and his representatives angered Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich with their hard-line stance over wages.

Cole featured for England in the World Cup warm-up victory over Japan and scored in the 3-0 friendly victory over Platinum Stars on Monday.

His availability will alert a number of Premier League clubs, with Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool and Manchester City all linked with the player.

Last week, Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp - who managed Cole at West Ham - told BBC Radio 5 live that: "I've got a feeling he may have agreed a deal with somebody.

"I don't think it's going to be Tottenham that sign him but if he hasn't agreed a deal with somebody and he doesn't stay at Chelsea then we would be interested."

Bit surprised at Cole considering he will probably start for the 4th favourites at the World Cup.  He's a player I've always rated.  He will be a great free for someone (Liverpool??) or back to W Ham??  Ballack probably back to Germany to finish his career?

AFS

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 09, 2010, 11:05:36 AM
Bit surprised at Cole considering he will probably start for the 4th favourites at the World Cup.  He's a player I've always rated.  He will be a great free for someone (Liverpool??) or back to W Ham??  Ballack probably back to Germany to finish his career?

Or to the Middle East for the mega bucks.

Quote from: AFS on June 09, 2010, 11:08:37 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 09, 2010, 11:05:36 AM

Or to the Middle East for the mega bucks.

Yeah, or the US with Henry

Norf Tyrone

Sad to see Joe Cole and Ballack leave. However I am f**king gutted that Miroslav Stoch has gone. That's a real blow.

He was offered a new 4 year deal with Chelsea, but he turned on down as he was not guaranteed first team football. As such Chelsea had no option but to let him go now before his contract expired in June 2011. £4 million quid apparently.

With Cole, and Stoch away Chelsea now definately need a winger or two.