The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Main Street on May 17, 2010, 07:38:32 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 17, 2010, 05:16:25 PM
Ballack slapped Boateng in the face earlier in the game and later Boateng nearly crippled him and knocked him out of the world cup. Both should have got red cards.

Ballack will have plenty of time to reflect on his behaviour, he wound up the wrong guy at the wrong time and got injured in the inevitable act of retribution.
Meanwhile, Boateng has a World Cup to enjoy.

To be honset with you Main Street that's a silly comment for you. If you had've watched the game- I can appreicate how the big games have little interest for you anymore  ;)- Ballack had been cleaned 2/ 3 times prior to his reaction. Indeed there was a bad tackle on the German earlier in the game, and he got straight back up on his feet, possibly saving the aggressor a booking.

The incident where he slapped the fella, if you watch it again Ballack was victim of a flying hand first. When he retaliated- wrongly and he could've been red carded for it- whoever the Pompey player was threw himself to the ground like he had been pole axed.

Ballack will probably need the summer to count his medal collection. Boateng can spend his summer knowing he f**ked up his chance of a FA Cup medal.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

isn't Ballack the guy that's known as the Jimmy White of Soccer? getting to Major finals (Champions league ,World cup) but losing?

he was a fantastic player in the early 00s, IMO Chelsea got him when he had already reached his peak
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ross4life on May 17, 2010, 11:38:10 PM
isn't Ballack the guy that's known as the Jimmy White of Soccer? getting to Major finals (Champions league ,World cup) but losing?

he was a fantastic player in the early 00s, IMO Chelsea got him when he had already reached his peak
Yeah, Ballack is a notorious loser  ::) Wise up.
He single handedly dragged Leverkusen to a CL final and then done the same with a poor German team in taking them to the 2002 World Cup Final in the same year, sacrificing his own place in the final.  Countless medals with Munich and Chelsea hardly qualify him as a runner up.

A Quinn Martin Production

Ballack slapped Boateng in the face earlier in the game and later Boateng nearly crippled him and knocked him out of the world cup. Both should have got red cards.

Ballack will have plenty of time to reflect on his behaviour, he wound up the wrong guy at the wrong time and got injured in the inevitable act of retribution.

After Saturday, any team taking this plank to the World Cup will be struggling already...

Ballack has won:

1 English Premier League
4 Bundesligas
3 FA Cups
3 German Cups
1 English League Cup
1 German League Cup (OK I didn't know there was one either!!)

98 caps for Germany scoring 42 goals (not bad for a midfielder)

OK there are pleny of players who've won more but that's not a bad haul

Norf Tyrone...I think Ballack could do a job for Chelsea in the holding midfield role as he gets older...should Chelsea give him a two year deal or get rid now and pin hopes on Mikel (who hasn't quite lived up to his potential)??  PS Change the thread title!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Main Street

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 17, 2010, 10:44:36 PM

To be honset with you Main Street that's a silly comment for you. If you had've watched the game- I can appreicate how the big games have little interest for you anymore  ;)- Ballack had been cleaned 2/ 3 times prior to his reaction. Indeed there was a bad tackle on the German earlier in the game, and he got straight back up on his feet, possibly saving the aggressor a booking.

The incident where he slapped the fella, if you watch it again Ballack was victim of a flying hand first. When he retaliated- wrongly and he could've been red carded for it- whoever the Pompey player was threw himself to the ground like he had been pole axed.

Ballack will probably need the summer to count his medal collection. Boateng can spend his summer knowing he f**ked up his chance of a FA Cup medal.
I seriously doubt if he can find even a morsel of solace counting his medals while he spots Boateng on the World Cup stage, that is if he can bear to watch.
Ballack's post match whining is evidence enough of his character
On the other hand, re Chelsea, my character is impeccable and thoroughly professional  ::) I do not have petty axes to grind which is a tiresome leading feature in the various EPL discussions.
Club affiliation is that strange place where one week a player for another club can be hated and the next week (after a 10% pay rise) he is loved by his new club and hated by his old club.  I have seldom seen or noticed Ballack for Chelsea but for Germany and Bayern I have noted him as a player who does not hesitate to dive to feign injury, scream at the ref, determined to get his fellow professional into trouble over imagined offenses.
I watched this game in which I have absolutely no interest in who wins.
My opinion, considering the pattern of actions in the game is that Ballack got what he deserved, a clattering, in the way that clatterings are dished out towards players who lose control of their arrogance.
It is regrettable for Ballack that his clattering has resulted in him missing the World Cup, as he is a fine player but that is the nature of the game.  Players make bad tackles and the same players receive bad tackles, not worthy of any comment until a split second difference in execution results in a more serious injury.

quit yo jibbajabba

i read somewhere that there was history between ballack and boateng; anyone any detail on this?

wont get involved in the argument other than to say ballack has seriously went down in my estimation since he hit the premiership....used to be a big fan..

nrico2006

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 18, 2010, 12:19:47 PM
i read somewhere that there was history between ballack and boateng; anyone any detail on this?

wont get involved in the argument other than to say ballack has seriously went down in my estimation since he hit the premiership....used to be a big fan..

Agreed
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 18, 2010, 12:19:47 PM

Or another way. I used to like Ballack until he joined Chelsea.

Seriously lads.....  ;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 18, 2010, 09:56:03 AM
Quote from: ross4life on May 17, 2010, 11:38:10 PM

Yeah, Ballack is a notorious loser  ::) Wise up.
He single handedly dragged Leverkusen to a CL final and then done the same with a poor German team in taking them to the 2002 World Cup Final in the same year, sacrificing his own place in the final.  Countless medals with Munich and Chelsea hardly qualify him as a runner up.

Major finals i said  ::) did you forget the 2008 final? & where did i say he was a loser BTW Jimmy White won loads outside of the World title

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

Great comparison Ross, a player in a team sport and a sportsman that plays an individual sport.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on May 18, 2010, 06:44:02 PM
Great comparison Ross, a player in a team sport and a sportsman that plays an individual sport.

Hmm how would you put it  ???

Missed the point spectacularly.

Again

paco

Anyone see John Terry's interview on Sky? Said that he would take the double over the Champion's League every season for the rest of his career, because they had never won the double in their history. Didn't make sense to me. What's the consensus from the blues on here?

quit yo jibbajabba

norf tyrone; not at all; a liverpool fan admittedly, but my hatred for utd far surpasses any hatred for chelski; so yous were lesser of the 2 evils this year;

a huge admirer of the german mentality and their football in general; i thought ballack was pretty much a complete midfielder; then he comes to engerland, and by and large has been a failure; fair enough he has a few medals; but dont think he would be making your first choice midfield;

that is all.

now, what about this history?  see boateng has apologised; but ballack still considering legal action.......

Puckoon

Ballack definitely has not hit his suggested potential in England.

new devil

Ballack,Ashley Cole and John Terry are 3 off the players i hate most but i don't mind chelsea...just a pity them other two didn't miss the world cup as well
I don't think United fans see Chelsea as rivals like Arsenal and Liverpool because once red Rom leaves with his money they will go back to just plain old Chelsea