The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Didn't have to pick the ball out of his net 7 times in one game this season unlike someone else mentioned.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 14, 2010, 12:45:57 PM
Didn't have to pick the ball out of his net 7 times in one game this season unlike someone else mentioned.
You really put me in my box with that one, shall I go and sit on the naughty step too?  :P

nrico2006

Van Der Sar is as good as there is, probably the best all round keeper in the league.  Reina is a good shot stopper, but not as good with the ball at his feet or at dealing with crosses as VDS is.  Cech has not been the same keeper since the injury, and as for Chelsea defending better this year, I definitely think they have been more vulnerable at the back than in previous years.  It's hard to rate keepers because as mentioned a keeper in a bad team will have a lot more work to do and can pull of more eye catching saves etc, whereas a keeper at a top team is ridiculed because they apparently dont have much to do.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 14, 2010, 01:40:52 PM
Van Der Sar is as good as there is, probably the best all round keeper in the league.  Reina is a good shot stopper, but not as good with the ball at his feet or at dealing with crosses as VDS is.  Cech has not been the same keeper since the injury, and as for Chelsea defending better this year, I definitely think they have been more vulnerable at the back than in previous years.  It's hard to rate keepers because as mentioned a keeper in a bad team will have a lot more work to do and can pull of more eye catching saves etc, whereas a keeper at a top team is ridiculed because they apparently dont have much to do.

Chelsea definately have been more vulnerable at times this year, but a lot of that stemmed from their inability to deal with set pieces. However that stat has improved dramatically since Alex returned to the side, and to a lesser degree a slight pick up in Cech's form.

I'd love to see what proportion of goals conceeded came from set pieces.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

If VDS was that good he would be in the Dutch World Cup squad FFS...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 14, 2010, 02:00:14 PM

I assume you're taking the piss with this comment?

nrico2006

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 14, 2010, 02:07:41 PM

I assume you're taking the piss with this comment?

I really don't think he is. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bingobus

You joking right? Reina prob the best passer at Anfield

nrico2006

Quote from: bingobus on May 14, 2010, 02:13:47 PM

With all due respect Bingo, that's not saying alot. 

bingobus

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 14, 2010, 02:23:12 PM
Quote from: bingobus on May 14, 2010, 02:13:47 PM

With all due respect Bingo, that's not saying alot.

With all due respect, your comment was BS

Minder

"Not as good with the ball at his feet" ??? Are you taking the piss Nrico or is this just the usual bitterness from you?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

A Quinn Martin Production

Van Marwijk asked VDS to go to the World Cup but he declined the offer.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Doogie Browser

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 14, 2010, 03:14:22 PM

I had my tongue firmly in cheek AQMP, unlike nrico who has his tongue in between Slur Alex's cheeks.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 14, 2010, 03:17:34 PM

I had my tongue firmly in cheek AQMP, unlike nrico who has his tongue in between Slur Alex's cheeks.

Would there be room? What with all the Premier League referees and people like big Sam in there too...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Boycey on May 14, 2010, 04:36:16 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 14, 2010, 04:19:59 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 14, 2010, 03:17:34 PM

Would there be room? What with all the Premier League referees and people like big Sam in there too...

I see the obsession shows no sign of abating even in the close season

:D
You'll Never Walk Alone.