The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Branislav Ivanovic a big doubt for Saturday.

He's had a top class season has our Brana..... The man with the stare.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 13, 2010, 03:45:13 PM
Branislav Ivanovic a big doubt for Saturday.

He's had a top class season has our Brana..... The man with the stare.

Probably Chelsea's most consistent player over the season...and he's really a converted centre back
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Norf Tyrone

Barclays Golden Glove winner Petr Cech was back to his reliable best during the 2009/10 campaign, keeping 17 clean sheets to seal the award for a second time.

The Czech Republic international conceded just 26 goals in the Barclays Premier League all season, providing a foundation for his team's attacking exploits.

Liverpool's Pepe Reina also managed 17 clean sheets, but Cech takes the Barclays Golden Glove due to having a better ratio of clean sheets to games played.

ross4life

I wonder which team got the most clean sheets?
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 13, 2010, 09:18:26 PM
Cech takes the Barclays Golden Glove due to having a better ratio of clean sheets to games played.

Strange way to decide it? should be the most saves were Reina (103) to Cech (65)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ludermor

do you want to have an award for least goals conceded per shots?

stew

Quote from: thebigfella on May 10, 2010, 10:09:07 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 10, 2010, 09:46:50 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 10, 2010, 09:20:20 AM
It may be just me - but i find Chelsea the most hateful bunch of hoors ever to be assembled together on the same football pitch, the sight of Ashley Cole, John Terry and Didier Drogba celebrating will always make me feel a little bit sick! (Dont mind Lampard though)

All of them combinded aren't  half as hateful as Gary Neville

Or Rafa

Gary Neville is a hateful carn but Drogba, Cole and Terry, give over, combined they are worse than Neville, just.

Rafa is not hateful, a bollocks yes but hateful.................. nah.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 13, 2010, 09:18:26 PM
Barclays Golden Glove winner Petr Cech was back to his reliable best during the 2009/10 campaign, keeping 17 clean sheets to seal the award for a second time.

The Czech Republic international conceded just 26 goals in the Barclays Premier League all season, providing a foundation for his team's attacking exploits.

Liverpool's Pepe Reina also managed 17 clean sheets, but Cech takes the Barclays Golden Glove due to having a better ratio of clean sheets to games played.

Reina is real quality and God knows were the pool would have finished if they didnt have the best keeper in the league behind them. Reina is world class and with Torres is the most important player at the club, Stevie G seems to have burst his bubble.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Doogie Browser

For me Reina was the best keeper in the league, Cech had a great season but Chelsea defended a lot better as a team this year - an Italian trait?  I still think Cech is too error prone nowadays.

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 14, 2010, 09:34:06 AM
For me Reina was the best keeper in the league, Cech had a great season but Chelsea defended a lot better as a team this year - an Italian trait?  I still think Cech is too error prone nowadays.

Doogie, because of Chelsea's all round brilliance this year :P, Cech had fewer opportunities to show what a great keeper he is.  Reina was playing for a bad lot!! ;)

Doogie Browser

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 14, 2010, 09:36:40 AM

Doogie, because of Chelsea's all round brilliance this year :P, Cech had fewer opportunities to show what a great keeper he is.  Reina was playing for a bad lot!! ;)
Thats a fair point, a keeper bombarded with so many shots is bound to save a few, so I take it all back, Brad Friedel was the best keeper in the league this year (apart from the day the sun got in his eyes in SW6)  :P

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 14, 2010, 10:02:55 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 14, 2010, 09:36:40 AM

Thats a fair point, a keeper bombarded with so many shots is bound to save a few, so I take it all back, Brad Friedel was the best keeper in the league this year (apart from the day the sun got in his eyes in SW6)  :P

Seriously, between 2004 and 2006 Cech was almost flawless probably the best in the world.  He hasn't been the same keeper since the injury and although still a fine player I wouldn't put him in the top three in the Prem now.

Norf Tyrone

Top 3 for me based on season just finished....

1. Hart
2. Reina
3. Cech

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Why does no-one mention Edwin Van Der Sar? I think he has a shout for best keeper but he'd certainly be in the top 3 or 4.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 14, 2010, 12:39:21 PM
Why does no-one mention Edwin Van Der Sar? I think he has a shout for best keeper but he'd certainly be in the top 3 or 4.
Cos he ish not very good yesh.