The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 09, 2010, 09:02:09 PM
I'd like to add my hearty congratulations to Chelsea. It's refreshing to see a team win on pure ability without any recourse to ridiculous mind games by their manager or getting the odd leg up from the match officials. Far and away the best team won.

Far and away?  1 point would suggest that they was very little between the teams.  All teams sufffer from injuries throughout the year, but from listening to Wenger yesterday you would swear Arsenal were the only team who had any.  United had to resort to playing midfielders in defence this season their injury list was so severe.  The league can't be won every year, but proud of the United team challenging on all fronts this year, especially given the predictions of how they would fare that were floating about at the start of the season in light of Tevez and Ronaldo leaving.

Congratulations to Chelsea though, I am still frustrated at the fortune they received in the 2 league games against United, but at the end of the day they deserve what they have got. 

I find it funny that the only satisfaction Liverpool fans can get is through celebrating United finishing second.  It exemplifies the differences between United and Liverpool when this time last year Liverpool were doing cartwheels at finishing 2nd, whereas for United 2nd is seen as failure.  Again this year, Liverpool were aiming for 4th - what ambition the club seem to have.  But what else would you expect from a club starved of success, with their last league title won in a previous century.  Maybe your kids will be able to learn about it when studying 20th century History at school.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

It may be just me - but i find Chelsea the most hateful bunch of hoors ever to be assembled together on the same football pitch, the sight of Ashley Cole, John Terry and Didier Drogba celebrating will always make me feel a little bit sick! (Dont mind Lampard though)
That was never a square ball!!

norabeag

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 10, 2010, 09:20:20 AM
It may be just me - but i find Chelsea the most hateful bunch of hoors ever to be assembled together on the same football pitch, the sight of Ashley Cole, John Terry and Didier Drogba celebrating will always make me feel a little bit sick! (Dont mind Lampard though)
Also cant understand the adulation on a GAA diiscussion board for a soccer club whose supporters are reknowned for theirCombat 18 and NF links.
Thanks be to God its all over now and we can concentrate on more impressing matters  starting with the match in Celtic Park ( Derry)

AZOffaly

Congrats Norf, and the other Chelsea fans on here. Well deserved over the course of the season and a pretty emphatic, champions like, exclamation point on it yesterday.

Drogba is some muppet, but a great striker.

Well done again.

The Real Laoislad

All of them combinded aren't  half as hateful as Gary Neville
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Billys Boots

Good article over the weekend about Conor Clifford.

Oh and well done to Chelsea; worthy champions.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 10, 2010, 09:47:27 AM
Good article over the weekend about Conor Clifford.

Oh and well done to Chelsea; worthy champions.

BB- What paper had the Clifford article?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

United dropped 5 points against Villa this season so I am claiming a part in Chelsea's success  :P
Met Norf Tyrone yesterday and he was very happy but not so happy as to buy Doogie a pint the miserable sod  >:(

Billys Boots

It was either the Irish Times on Saturday or the Sunday Times yesterday - in my addled state I didn't look to see what I was reading.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thebigfella

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 10, 2010, 09:46:50 AM

All of them combinded aren't  half as hateful as Gary Neville

Or Rafa

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 10, 2010, 09:57:43 AM
United dropped 5 points against Villa this season so I am claiming a part in Chelsea's success  :P
Met Norf Tyrone yesterday and he was very happy but not so happy as to buy Doogie a pint the miserable sod  >:(

Hey sur. I asked where you staying out, and you said you were going home. I was not going to force you to stay out past your bedtime when you had work in the morning.
Hey did you hear about the youth cup?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 10, 2010, 10:41:19 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 10, 2010, 09:57:43 AM

Hey sur. I asked where you staying out, and you said you were going home. I was not going to force you to stay out past your bedtime when you had work in the morning.
Hey did you hear about the youth cup?
Like a broken frickin record!

magpie seanie

I heard Conor Clifford on Newstalk on Friday and he sounds like a really level headed young fella. Good luck to him.

GalwayBayBoy

Well done to Chelsea. Definitely the best team in the league so worthy winners. Did some amount of scoring in the last few games to get over the line.

Now any chance of a loan of a few quid? ;D

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 10, 2010, 08:15:47 AM
Cheers gents.

The old head is kinda tender this morning, but who cares.

Interesting to note that on the 'other' Chelsea thread Rossforlife cannot help but post a picture of 'that' Drogba goal (Thanks big lad I love seeing it), highlighting the hollowness of his congratulations on here.

Yesterday was nervey. Very nervey. Only when the 7th went in did I start to relax!

A final thought. Cantona, Fowler, Owen, Shearer, Van Nistelrooy, Henry. All great players, but the greatest scoring machine the Premier league has ever seen is now officially Chelsea FC. 103 goals is an unreal statistic.

If I recall correctly, that's the Blues with the best defensive record, best scoring record, and best points record in the PL's history.

And lastly. Well done Mr Ancellotti. I tip my head. A very simple, modest, low key approach that has yielded reward. Back in January I thought the f***er was mad not to buy to strengthen, but he was prooved spot on.

As my friend always says, "how sweet it is....".

hollowness? was just a reminder to our tony who loves to WUM, unlike some i congratulated back in April 3rd & was spot on yet again  ;) (for the record also picked inter to win the European cup before they played Chelsea)

A couple of more United records Chelsea could beat? biggest win (9-0) in the PL's history held since 1995, largest away win (1-8 )in the history of Pl held since 1999 & the biggest winning margin (18 points) held since 2000

Cantona was never classed a top goal scoring striker & fair play to 32 year old Drogba on his best ever total of goals

Anyways enjoy the league success  & hopefully another good exciting title race next season 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open