The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

The way Terry is playing I'm not sure I'm happy he is going to be suspended! Was a very lucky boy earlier with Defoe. Had to laugh at him when he was coming off claiming he got the ball both times. He can have no complaints about the red card or the penalty for that matter.

There will be more twists and turns to this before the end of the season. Quite possible goal difference could come into it.

Hoof Hearted

What was that p***k drogba the diver at at the start of the second half, didnt fancy it so he faked a groin injury, wasnt allowed to go off cause there were no more subs allowed, and proceeded to play for the next 45 ! WTF !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 17, 2010, 10:00:03 PM
The way Terry is playing I'm not sure I'm happy he is going to be suspended! Was a very lucky boy earlier with Defoe. Had to laugh at him when he was coming off claiming he got the ball both times. He can have no complaints about the red card or the penalty for that matter.

There will be more twists and turns to this before the end of the season. Quite possible goal difference could come into it.

I thought the pen was harsh, he tucked his arm behind him when the ball came to him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Marty2002

Quote from: Minder on April 17, 2010, 11:12:58 PM

I thought the pen was harsh, he tucked his arm behind him when the ball came to him.

Never. Makes up for the blatant penalty that should have been giving earlier on bale, out played and out classed, simple as,

Minder

Quote from: Marty2002 on April 17, 2010, 11:41:17 PM

Never. Makes up for the blatant penalty that should have been giving earlier on bale, out played and out classed, simple as,

So it shouldn't have been a penalty or it should have because of some injustice against the Jews earlier this year?

Marty2002

Quote from: Minder on April 17, 2010, 11:43:52 PM
Quote from: Marty2002 on April 17, 2010, 11:41:17 PM

Sad.

So it shouldn't have been a penalty or it should have because of some injustice against the Jews earlier this year?

Sad.

Minder

So you are unable to answer te question? Good lad.

Marty2002

Quote from: Minder on April 17, 2010, 11:51:02 PM

Your a funny guy, wish u were my mate.

Minder

Quote from: Marty2002 on April 17, 2010, 11:52:24 PM

I refer you to my previous post. Either shit or get off the pot. No humour intended.

Marty2002

Quote from: Minder on April 18, 2010, 12:04:38 AM
Quote from: Marty2002 on April 17, 2010, 11:52:24 PM

I refer you to my previous post. Either shit or get off the pot. No humour intended.

hahaha yea mate it was a pen imo,

Norf Tyrone

All week people have been telling me 'league's over', 'congratulations', 'you canna lose it now', 'have you lost weight'.

I added the last one to cheer myself up. However I have been sincerly predicting that there was still a loooong way to go, and lo and behold it comes to pass.

The problem this season is that Chelsea have ridden a roller-coaster from sheer class to utter ineptitude. Our strengths - icy resolve and ruthless defending - have become our weaknesses as we have lost concentration and shown wilful complacency bordering on negligence. It took two minutes of scrutiny to know we were in trouble at Tottenham. Three out of every four passes were going backwards and running off the ball was non-existent.

Ancelotti's team selection was simply wrong (In hindsight) and John Terry's neglect of the common good was at best selfish and petulant and at worse punishable.

I thought before the game that CA's selection was fine. It had the required width, although I still think with Lampard, Mikel and Deco we lack pace. However there are few alternatives to that at the minute.
However the whispers are that Ferreria (Fever), Mikel and Drogba (hernia) were all selected while carrying injuries. In truth we looked like a team playing with 8 men at times.
Spurs were excellent, defended well, and threatened nearly every time they came forward (Keep it up lads). Chelsea were just awful. The most annoying thing is that not one player wanted to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and pull us out of our slumber. There is a pride about Chelsea re the number of international captains in the dressing room. Where were they yesterday evening?

I thought the penalty was harsh (Notice how shite ESPN's camera angles are), however I think we've been on the right side of a few 50, 50s over the last week so something had to go the other way. However JT really let himself down yesterday, his second booking was stupid as Bale (?) was going nowhere when he tackled. I think someone said that Terry uttered coming off that he had got the ball twice. However I think he said 'two fouls'. In other words he had only two fouls, and got two cards. No excuses yesterday captain.

So that takes the roller coaster to next Sunday and Stoke. Rory Delap, long throws, no JT and no Carvalho. Should be fun!!!

Winning the lerague is all about mental attitude. we have a far better chance of winning all our remaining three games than Man U do but also a far better chance of losing all three.

I think I'd enjoy this more being 20 points behind. Still top of the league........ Just!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

i Can't help feeling Chelsea let there foot off the pedal believing the media hype "league is won" Liverpool game will show a true reflection of where this team are & a major boost with torres out

But have been saying no one wants to win it this season & sky must be loving every bit of the title run in

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: ross4life on April 19, 2010, 12:11:00 AM
i Can't help feeling Chelsea let there foot off the pedal believing the media hype "league is won" Liverpool game will show a true reflection of where this team are & a major boost with torres out

But have been saying no one wants to win it this season & sky must be loving every bit of the title run in
I'm beginning to feel afraid that Liverpool will feel that they have to prove they can play big without Torres, however i think Stoke may be a more significant hurdle.
Sky, on the other hand seem to be insinuating, in typical B-Movie style, that the fate of the world decides on this event...
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

ross4life

Well as we all know Stoke have to play both Chelsea & united away

here's there Away record so far.. Won 3     Drew 8     lost 5     Scored 9      let in 16     

from that viewing they are hard to beat on their travels! it will be interesting to see how they fare in Old Trafford & Stamford Bridge
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on April 19, 2010, 06:51:51 PM
Well as we all know Stoke have to play both Chelsea & united away

here's there Away record so far.. Won 3     Drew 8     lost 5     Scored 9      let in 16     

from that viewing they are hard to beat on their travels! it will be interesting to see how they fare in Old Trafford & Stamford Bridge

Defensivelly Stoke are very good, hence why I ain't looking any further that this Sunday. The tightness of the pitch at SB will suit them too.

I just wish the league was over now. F**king hating it!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone