The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Its actually easier to imagine Spurs beating Chelsea than United beating city. I think Chelsea will drop points this weekend but am not at all confident United will win at wastelands. United dropping the points at Blackburn was criminal.

ross4life

The team that finishes top always deserve to win the title, even in 1995 i admitted it while chewing glass  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Boycey

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 14, 2010, 10:26:43 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2010, 09:55:53 PM
Norf - don't want to piss you off cos you're one of the better contributers but they were two absolutely clearcut penalties. We're all guilty of bias but I think you're defending the indefensible here. I think Drogba knew exactly what he was at and as for Terry - arm was out and clearly made contact with the ball. The guilty head on him afterwards was hilarious.

I cannot comment on the Zat Knight or Collins incidents as I didn't see them.

Another good result for you tonight.

We'll agree to disagree then on the penalty shouts.

One of the good things/ problems this year is that CA rarely comes out and criticises the referees for any injustices (And we've had our share). However mssrs Coyle, O'Neill and Fergie are never shy of being shown live on SKY or BBC goldering their dismay at their perceived injustices.

We all know that this sensationalism is what the TV companies love, so you see Sky Sports looping all day this 'Chelsea got lucky line'. The problem is that people start to buy it.

I firmly believe that we deserve to win the title this year, but still think that with the fixtures that are left that there could be many a twist yet. Can you imagine United and Spurs winning this weekend- both results possible? That would leave Chelsea a point to the good with a trip to Liverpool to come.

One game at a time sweet geezus.  :-\

I take ur point about Sky and sensationalism but do you not think they would run a loop about United or Arsenal or Liverpool "getting lucky" in the same situation, of course they would and have done so after all they have 24hours of non stop shite to fill. For what its worth I thought Chelsea did get lucky on this occasion as both looked nailed on penos to me.

THe weekend is nicely set up with the way the matches fall, if and its a huge if, United can somehow garner three points at Eastlands it'll make Chelseas trip to Spurs so much harder. I think the draw at Blackburn has cost United a realistic shot at winning the league though

EC Unique

Are the old nerves playing up with the finish line in sight :D

AFS

Is that Terry gone for the season? One match ban for the red and another two for it being his tenth yellow?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2010, 10:31:07 PM
Its actually easier to imagine Spurs beating Chelsea than United beating city. I think Chelsea will drop points this weekend but am not at all confident United will win at wastelands. United dropping the points at Blackburn was criminal.
6 pointer today.

Minder

That goal of Lampards might turn out to be very important.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Minder on April 17, 2010, 07:29:54 PM
That goal of Lampards might turn out to be very important.

Only if United get 2 wins and a draw and Chelsea lose a match.

Spurs (h), Sunderland (a) and Stoke (h) for United

Stoke (h), Liverpool (a) and Wigan (h) for United.

Its still Chelsea's to lose though the margin for error has dimished significantly. Hopefully from United's perspective Wigan lose their next 2 to put them in the relegation mire by the time Chelsea visit. You want mid-table teams with no prospect of Europe at this stage of the season which is what United have in the last 2 matches. Spurs will be full of confidence heading to Old Trafford on Saturday though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ross4life

Interesting set of results today, i wouldnt like to play that spurs team next
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on April 17, 2010, 08:12:57 PM
Interesting set of results today, i wouldnt like to play that spurs team next

I have a feeling you won't make the squad Ross. They will be a totally different proposition away from home.

tyroneboi

Quote from: AFS on April 17, 2010, 07:00:35 PM
Is that Terry gone for the season? One match ban for the red and another two for it being his tenth yellow?

Thought I read during the week that all yellow cards were wiped so that means no more suspensions for yellow card accumulated so think he might get away with just the one game ban.

Minder

Quote from: tyroneboi on April 17, 2010, 08:32:40 PM

Thought I read during the week that all yellow cards were wiped so that means no more suspensions for yellow card accumulated so think he might get away with just the one game ban.

Correct, he was unlucky with the penalty.

AFS

Quote from: Minder on April 17, 2010, 09:16:59 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on April 17, 2010, 08:32:40 PM

Correct, he was unlucky with the penalty.

Yeah, David Pleat put me straight shortly after I had posted this.