The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

How did Terry get away with that tackle?
Surely the FA will take action! :-\

ross4life

you were the one talking about the Ref in the United v Chelsea game so i posted that piece in the appropriate place

terry tackle yesterday was far worse than Nani v villa & he got a sending off & a three game ban

& little details like that & the penalty not awarded can change the outcome of a game as Wednesday proved

one thing is for sure you can't complain Chelsea got there fair share of luck this Season

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2010, 12:02:06 PM
you were the one talking about the Ref in the United v Chelsea game so i posted that piece in the appropriate place

terry tackle yesterday was far worse than Nani v villa & he got a sending off & a three game ban

& little details like that & the penalty not awarded can change the outcome of a game as Wednesday proved

one thing is for sure you can't complain Chelsea got there fair share of luck this Season

So did no one mention the ref's performance in the United thread????? You are a chancer!  ;D

Luck? Luck? Last week at OT, both teams were equally aggrieved at the ref. Both having a goal incorrectly given, and a penalty turned down.

And all the talk of Terry's tackle yesterday yet your stato memory has obviously forgotten Evans' karate kick on Drogba at SB earlier this season.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 12, 2010, 12:35:37 AM

So did no one mention the ref's performance in the United thread????? You are a chancer!  ;D

Luck? Luck? Last week at OT, both teams were equally aggrieved at the ref. Both having a goal incorrectly given, and a penalty turned down.

And all the talk of Terry's tackle yesterday yet your stato memory has obviously forgotten Evans' karate kick on Drogba at SB earlier this season.

Totally agree with you about both teams Aggrieved by the Ref last weekend that's why i said no surprise that he got dropped a level this weekend
yes i have forgotten the Evans Karate kick (that wouldn't have made a difference anyways) like you have forgotten that winning goal (never a free kick, a foul & offside)

But like i said last weekend congratulations to Chelsea. In a season where it seemed nobody wanted to win the title they have at least showed championship form against the other three "big four" sides. I have no doubt they will complete the double over Liverpool at anfield like they have against united and Arsenal. Carlo Ancelotti is an effective manager and seems to know how to get the best out of the Chelsea players

& i'm already looking forward to the we want out trophy back chants in old Trafford next season

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on April 12, 2010, 12:55:17 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 12, 2010, 12:35:37 AM

Totally agree with you about both teams Aggrieved by the Ref last weekend that's why i said no surprise that he got dropped a level this weekend
yes i have forgotten the Evans Karate kick (that wouldn't have made a difference anyways) like you have forgotten that winning goal (never a free kick, a foul & offside)

But like i said last weekend congratulations to Chelsea. In a season where it seemed nobody wanted to win the title they have at least showed championship form against the other three "big four" sides. I have no doubt they will complete the double over Liverpool at anfield like they have against united and Arsenal. Carlo Ancelotti is an effective manager and seems to know how to get the best out of the Chelsea players

& i'm already looking forward to the we want out trophy back chants in old Trafford next season

Fair enough. Although I have not forgotten Terry's goal at SB. However it was not the only thing the ref got wrong that day too!

Night night..

new devil

Congrats Norf...keep it clean for us we'll be back next year for it  ;)

Boycey

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 10, 2010, 09:55:27 PM
Didn't see tackle and them gif's don't work on iPhone but that's not what I'm on about. It's just the constant nonsense that he spouts on here and I'm not the only one that thinks it.

Sure ur as bad.... U just can't see it. Wandering around the thread like some kind of moral guardian but when someone comes back at ya with valid points u just leave the discussion.. Cyber warrior

Norf Tyrone

Geezus that was scrappy.

Again frustratingly CA reverts back to a team without wingers. Fortunately it did not cost tonight.
Illustrated perfectly via the fact that Lampard did not have one shot on goal until the 81st minute- just a few minutes after Joe Cole's arrival. Cole and Malouda's arrival opened the game up a bit, and allowed Lampard to come forward.

10 points from 12 required. Still a long wayyy to go.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 14, 2010, 01:20:11 AM
Geezus that was scrappy.

Again frustratingly CA reverts back to a team without wingers. Fortunately it did not cost tonight.
Illustrated perfectly via the fact that Lampard did not have one shot on goal until the 81st minute- just a few minutes after Joe Cole's arrival. Cole and Malouda's arrival opened the game up a bit, and allowed Lampard to come forward.

10 points from 12 required. Still a long wayyy to go.

I had to laugh at 5Live this morning..."this win moves Chelsea to within 10 points of the Premiership title".  There's only 12 points left to play for FFS!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

magpie seanie

No mention of the 2 stonewall penalties not given to Bolton last night then?

ross4life

Coyle: "Drogba can play world class volleyball for anyone"

anyways this was the linemans reaction to the penalty's

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2010, 05:54:36 PM
No mention of the 2 stonewall penalties not given to Bolton last night then?

But they weren't stonewall.
In fact the first appeal for Drogba's handball was missed by the commentary team on the night, and they were bemused when Coyle argued with the ref as he came off the field.

Was it penalty? Maybe. Maybe not. I think Drogba got a wee push from Davies which threw him off balance.

The second one was a big appeal, and the more I see it, the less I think it was a penalty. Unfortunately there appears to be no camera at the linesman's side to justify or rubbish his decision. To be it looked as if JT- arms by his side- got the chest to it. However the TV angle is inconclusive.

Also for the record Chelsea had a shout against Zat Knight very similar to the Drogba one. I don't think Coyle mentioned that one (Much the same way as O'Neill did not mention Collins' tackle on Malouda at the weekend, nor the poor refereeing decisions that aided their victory over Palace in the Cup). I didn't think the Knight hand ball was a penalty either.

magpie seanie

Norf - don't want to piss you off cos you're one of the better contributers but they were two absolutely clearcut penalties. We're all guilty of bias but I think you're defending the indefensible here. I think Drogba knew exactly what he was at and as for Terry - arm was out and clearly made contact with the ball. The guilty head on him afterwards was hilarious.

I cannot comment on the Zat Knight or Collins incidents as I didn't see them.

Another good result for you tonight.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2010, 09:55:53 PM
Norf - don't want to piss you off cos you're one of the better contributers but they were two absolutely clearcut penalties. We're all guilty of bias but I think you're defending the indefensible here. I think Drogba knew exactly what he was at and as for Terry - arm was out and clearly made contact with the ball. The guilty head on him afterwards was hilarious.

I cannot comment on the Zat Knight or Collins incidents as I didn't see them.

Another good result for you tonight.

We'll agree to disagree then on the penalty shouts.

One of the good things/ problems this year is that CA rarely comes out and criticises the referees for any injustices (And we've had our share). However mssrs Coyle, O'Neill and Fergie are never shy of being shown live on SKY or BBC goldering their dismay at their perceived injustices.

We all know that this sensationalism is what the TV companies love, so you see Sky Sports looping all day this 'Chelsea got lucky line'. The problem is that people start to buy it.

I firmly believe that we deserve to win the title this year, but still think that with the fixtures that are left that there could be many a twist yet. Can you imagine United and Spurs winning this weekend- both results possible? That would leave Chelsea a point to the good with a trip to Liverpool to come.

One game at a time sweet geezus.  :-\

ONeill

Chelsea have it won, and deservedly so. Best all-round side in the league this year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.