The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 05, 2010, 01:20:49 PM
I see Jose Bosingwa is now out for the season and the World Cup. With Ashley Cole’s absence this is a major blow. As I have said on countless occasions Chelsea’s width comes from our full backs, and the absence of these two is a major inhibitor.

Not ideal, but CA needs to earn his corn now by producing a system that gives this width and balance without these two.

Isn't it true that Ferrreira was left out of the Champions League squad also in anticipation of Bosingwa's return?

Minder

Can Carvalho or Alex play RB if hardy came to hardy and Ivanovic got injured?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 05, 2010, 02:34:58 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 05, 2010, 01:20:49 PM
I see Jose Bosingwa is now out for the season and the World Cup. With Ashley Cole's absence this is a major blow. As I have said on countless occasions Chelsea's width comes from our full backs, and the absence of these two is a major inhibitor.

Not ideal, but CA needs to earn his corn now by producing a system that gives this width and balance without these two.

Isn't it true that Ferrreira was left out of the Champions League squad also in anticipation of Bosingwa's return?

Ferreria is not on the CL panel which in hindsight was an error. Especially considering his dexterity in playing anywhere across the back four.

Quote from: Minder on March 05, 2010, 03:10:41 PM
Can Carvalho or Alex play RB if hardy came to hardy and Ivanovic got injured?

Hmm. Dunno. They might be able to defend, but their ability to bomb forward is questionable. Injuries to Zhirkov, and young Sam Hutchinson haven't helped the situation either.

And to completely screw things up....

Michael Essien remains on crutches a month after the operation and is recovering in France.

A club source said: 'The news on Michael's not good. We all thought he'd be back playing again in four to six weeks.

'The second leg of the Champions League match with Inter Milan was talked about as the ideal comeback game.

'But he has no chance of making that now. We're not even sure he'll play again this season. If he does it won't be any time soon.'
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

And it's back to Wembley. Again!

Decent enough performance today, but not quite as good as the 'ITV experts' would make out.

Villa in the last four, so maybe I'll have to endure a pint with young Doogie Browser at some point that day!

ross4life

Yep it's Villa V Chelsea next, the winners should win the Cup

great chance for the others to get to a cup final though
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 07, 2010, 06:18:46 PM
And it's back to Wembley. Again!

Decent enough performance today, but not quite as good as the 'ITV experts' would make out.

Villa in the last four, so maybe I'll have to endure a pint with young Doogie Browser at some point that day!
Lucky for you I am in Newcastle for a stag do that weekend, raging to be honest as I would have probably went over for the game.  League game on 27th March at the bridge too, Chelsea are going to have a big say in how our season pans out.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: ross4life on March 04, 2010, 05:40:02 PM
Tevez on Terry

"It's wrong. In my opinion, Terry has no moral code for what he did to Bridge. In my neighbourhood if you do that, you lose your legs, or more - you don't survive."

Judging by some reports Carlito could soon lose something...
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

DuffleKing

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on March 08, 2010, 12:57:29 PM
Tevez on Terry

"It's wrong. In my opinion, Terry has no moral code for what he did to Bridge. In my neighbourhood if you do that, you lose your legs, or more - you don't survive."

If that refers to what i think it does, you are a disgrace

Dinny Breen

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 08, 2010, 01:15:47 PM
Tevez on Terry

I fairness to QMP, I think and hope he is just refering to Tevez's marriage as he is reported to be having an affair. They're all the same those lads.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1256132/Carlos-Tevez-shares-hotel-room-model-wife-nurses-premature-baby--days-accused-John-Terry-having-moral-code.html
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Tevez on Terry

I am curious to what you thought he meant?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2010, 03:31:22 PM
I'm assuming his baby  :-\

Oh right. There are some idiots on this board, but I am sure none of them would ever stoop that low, and MQP obviously meant Tevez's balls after Sunday's tabloid stories.

Tevez on Terry

Never entered my mind about the baby...but obviously did yours??

DuffleKing

I obviously assumed his child. I don't see what other assumption could have been made given what you refer to now was not in the public domain

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 09, 2010, 12:55:01 PM

I obviously assumed his child. I don't see what other assumption could have been made given what you refer to now was not in the public domain

Check out the "Carlos Tevez To Be Shot" thread...started on 7 Mar @ 10:59am...my post on this thread 8 Mar @ 12:57pm