The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Have to agree with that GBB....only for rooney this season united would be lucky to make the top 4..it showed against everton when he had his 1st bad game in a long time

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

new devil

Thats a load off bullshit ross....rooney does a lot more than just score goals...
Were do YOU think United would be this year without Rooney??

ross4life

Quote from: new devil on February 28, 2010, 07:05:03 PM
Thats a load off bullshit ross....rooney does a lot more than just score goals...
Were do YOU think United would be this year without Rooney??

Goals win games, of the rest what rooney does has been there in every other season!

he's having a season just like ronaldo had in 2007/08 in the Terms of goals

last couple of goals has come from berba>Valencia>Rooney & i think it's unfair not to give the others credit they deserve

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

new devil

Give Berba credit for what excatly!??
You still having answered my question! Were do you think United would be without Rooney??

ross4life

Quote from: new devil on February 28, 2010, 07:22:32 PM
Give Berba credit for what excatly!??
You still having answered my question! Were do you think United would be without Rooney??

Last season it was "Where would we be without Ronaldo?"
If Rooney or Drogba were not scoring or playing, were would they be.......

Don't give Berba & others credit?  I must've missed the goals where Rooney played a ball to himself, then Rooney ran and put in a wonderful first time cross before running into the box and heading in the ball into the net himself.

My point is United are one man team. His name is Alex Ferguson ;)

new devil

Did you miss the month Drogba was gone to african nations cup??

Read my post...i didnt mention "others" only berbatov
Berbatov is a rest off space..
United didnt depend on Ronaldo has much as they depend on Rooney this season...rooney was as important if not more as ronaldo was to united the last few years

ross4life

Quote from: new devil on February 28, 2010, 07:57:22 PM

United didnt depend on Ronaldo has much as they depend on Rooney this season...rooney was as important if not more as ronaldo was to united the last few years
well that's your Opinion but

Berba has been one of united's best players for the last 7/8 games, maybe your watching the games on poor streams or something?

So united would have won the European cup in 2008 without Ronaldo then? how about if Fergie didn't sign Cantona where would united be now?

for me Drogba is as important to Chelsea as Rooney is to united but both teams can still win games without them!

P.S this is a Chelsea Thread i'm not talking anymore about United here

new devil

Quote from: ross4life on February 28, 2010, 08:11:16 PM

Berba has been one of united's best players for the last 7/8 games, maybe your watching the games on poor streams or something?

So united would have won the European cup in 2008 without Ronaldo then? how about if Fergie didn't sign Cantona where would united be now?

for me Drogba is as important to Chelsea as Rooney is to united but both teams can still win games without them!

Yea i think you should stop talking about United...anywere!!!

ross4life

Quote from: new devil on February 28, 2010, 08:14:48 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 28, 2010, 08:11:16 PM

Yea i think you should stop talking about United...anywere!!!

nrico2006

I read Tylers column on Thursday and wasn't surprised with his findings.  When it comes to the big games it seems that Chelsea need Drogba to be on form to win, but these arguments are pretty pish anyway.  United pay Ronney to do what he does and he does it well, you could go though every team and pick out their best player and say they would be this, that or the other without them.  The fact remains that Rooney is a United player, Drogba is a Chelsea player, and both are seemingly alot better than their competition at doing what they are supposed to do - score goals. 

United and Chelsea are both not as strong as they have been over the past 2 or 3 years, but I do feel United are the slightly better side with more width and balance.  No matter what Ancelotti says, Terry has really gone to the dogs.  I recall Rio Ferdinand having a few high profile errors when he was being troubled with injury which had limited his appearance and training time, and the media (and many posters on here) had a field day claiming he was finished.  How do the same people view Terry's current plight.  Very error prone and he seems to be pretty easily turned by opposing players (Milito during the week being the most obvious case).  Maybe the years have just caught up with the man.   

As for Drogba being at the African Nations cup, it was more of a case of a lucky fixture list for Chelsea over that period than anything else.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 28, 2010, 12:02:17 PM
United are far from the force of recent years, but I don't understand the view that Chelsea are favourites for the league. Big dip in standards over past year or two, and very ordinary especially of late. United look the better all round side, especially if they can get vidic and rio back. I don't understand how rio was classed as finished when he made a few errors that were due to injury affecting his performance, whereas terry cocks up in every game of late and it's just a bad run of form. Terry looks to have lost a bit of speed and sharpness, which was really evident when milito turned him during the week.

nrico- I think the issue with Rio is that injuries are affecting his game (I never said that by the way), and people are assuming that he is struggling to deal with and recover from those injuries. Terry's issues are more mental, and you'd imagine that he'll (Hopefully) bounce back. All the same don't fall into the trap of reading too many papers who like to illustrate that every goal against Chelsea is Terry's error. It suits their agenda. Injuries to Bosingwa, Alex, Carvalho, Cech, Ashley Cole and several other defenders have meant that Chelsea can't get a settled back four this season, which has also been a key factor.

Ross4life- I used the tram down to the ground, but the coppers took us off about 1/2 mile from the ground and bussed us in. Getting back to the centre was a pain in the arse afterwards after the obligatory 1 hour lock in, and then some fun with the Italian security service. We then had a wee encounter with Italian ultras about 1am... that's for another day though.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone