The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on February 05, 2010, 12:39:42 PM
Seriously can't believe that any self respecting Irishman would tie themselves to a club whose local supporters hate everything Irish and forced 2 Dublin lads in their Chelsea colours to leave the ground before they suffered serious injury.

When did this happen?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bingobus on February 05, 2010, 01:47:19 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on February 05, 2010, 01:36:52 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on February 05, 2010, 12:59:17 PM
Seriously can't believe that any self respecting Irishman would tie themselves to a club whose local supporters hate everything Irish and forced 2 Dublin lads in their Chelsea colours to leave the ground before they suffered serious injury.

Any time I see a person here wearing a Chelsea top I automatically think the same as if they were wearing a Rangers top.

Surely you mean Liverpool top...the Orange Order's club?? ;)

Indeed, I was on th Kop once and a grown man in Lower Cent. stand was going ballistic as he saw a group of lads with a tricolour down in front of us. He was eventually ejected...not before he started to gave a his red flag of ulster flag in their direction!! Two Orange lodge clubs not a million miles from Anfield actually but the lodge would have a big presence round liverpool.

I also know a few United fans would got in a row outside Old trafford with other united fans over them "been paddy b**tards".

Summary: Every club has idiots

There are certainly elements at most clubs that resent the "daytrippers" as they see it coming over from Ireland. Thankfully they are a very small minority but they are definitely there. I know at the last Liverpool game I saw a tricolour in the Kop and I thought it was unusual to see one there as there was a Reclaim The Kop campaign to have only Liverpool flags in the Kop and no national flags. To be honest I don't really see the point of bringing a national flag with you to these games anyway.

bingobus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 05, 2010, 02:11:49 PM

There are certainly elements at most clubs that resent the "daytrippers" as they see it coming over from Ireland. Thankfully they are a very small minority but they are definitely there. I know at the last Liverpool game I saw a tricolour in the Kop and I thought it was unusual to see one there as there was a Reclaim The Kop campaign to have only Liverpool flags in the Kop and no national flags. To be honest I don't really see the point of bringing a national flag with you to these games anyway.

KFS - Keep flags scouse and that saw St Georges cross flags burned on euro aways as well! Never took an Irish flag to anfield, have a half/half liverpool/ireland scarf from years back but it never travels.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 05, 2010, 01:52:17 PM
Quote from: bingobus on February 05, 2010, 01:47:19 PM
Summary: Every club has idiots

Exactly, plenty enough Utd/Liverpool/Villa/Chelsea/Arsenal fans with links to far right groups, bigots etc, they are not the reason we support them.

Agreed...and I have to plead guilty to being one of Chelsea's idiots!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Schkite

Terry dropped as England captain according to Sky news.

Quote from: Schkite on February 05, 2010, 03:34:26 PM
Terry dropped as England captain according to Sky news.

Interesting...this has a lot to do with the FA's attempt to make "The England Captain" a brand to be "marketed" over the past 10 years or so.

Hope it throws England into disarray for the World Cup!! ;)

Norf Tyrone

Have you a link to this, or what evidence is there that this happened?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 05, 2010, 09:52:16 PM

Straight from the horses mouth-spoke to both lads-vowed they would never look at another game where the National Front makes up significant part of the Shed

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on February 06, 2010, 10:10:06 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 05, 2010, 09:52:16 PM

Straight from the horses mouth-spoke to both lads-vowed they would never look at another game where the National Front makes up significant part of the Shed

The National Front??  This must have been in the 70s or 80s.  I've been to Stamford Bridge a few times recently.  I have a thick Irish (northern, sure we're all Paddies to the NF, or do you mean BNP??) accent...never had a problem..straight from the horse's mouth!

ONeill

It's the older generation who have that perception. I wasn't about but it was said that Rangers/Linfield/Chelsea had some kind of sectarian allegience in the 70s/80s but as far as I can gather that has long passed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Quote from: ONeill on February 06, 2010, 11:12:02 AM
It's the older generation who have that perception. I wasn't about but it was said that Rangers/Linfield/Chelsea had some kind of sectarian allegience in the 70s/80s but as far as I can gather that has long passed.

Maybe this explains why I said

Quote from: EC Unique on February 05, 2010, 12:59:17 PM

Any time I see a person here wearing a Chelsea top I automatically think the same as if they were wearing a Rangers top.

brokencrossbar1

Back in the 70's and 80's C18 were commonly seen in the Shed.  That has changed but like every club there is an bad element among the fans. 

I was about then O'Neill and this is a bit of an urban myth...very few people in Ireland supported Chelsea in those days...I'm not trying to score points here and it's by no means scientific but most Linfield/Rangers fans I came across then (and I lived in a predominantly PUL area) seemed to support Liverpool.

ONeill

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on February 06, 2010, 12:24:01 PM

I was about then O'Neill and this is a bit of an urban myth...very few people in Ireland supported Chelsea in those days...I'm not trying to score points here and it's by no means scientific but most Linfield/Rangers fans I came across then (and I lived in a predominantly PUL area) seemed to support Liverpool.

Well, twas the father in law, who kept telling me he detested Chelsea over the years despite having no interest in soccer, who related this info to me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Quote from: ONeill on February 06, 2010, 05:25:31 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on February 06, 2010, 12:24:01 PM

Well, twas the father in law, who kept telling me he detested Chelsea over the years despite having no interest in soccer, who related this info to me.

No further questions M'Lud ;)