The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: under the bar on January 30, 2010, 12:01:28 PM
QuoteWe have to bear in mind that most professional footballers are complete t**sers!!

Ya but Cole is bigger one than most.

He also has one of those faces you'd never get tired of kicking...

RACIST!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 30, 2010, 04:33:50 PM
QuoteWe have to bear in mind that most professional footballers are complete t**sers!!

RACIST!

How in under God is that racist? Some people don' tseem to understand what the word means. I got accused of the same earlier in remark on another thread. Under the bar said same about Cliff Richard.. does that make him a member of the Black Power Movement. Wise up.   

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 30, 2010, 05:28:33 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 30, 2010, 04:33:50 PM

RACIST!

How in under God is that racist? Some people don' tseem to understand what the word means. I got accused of the same earlier in remark on another thread. Under the bar said same about Cliff Richard.. does that make him a member of the Black Power Movement. Wise up.

Lighten up. I am away to listen tae to the football. It was humour LRTF. Humour.

Dinny Breen

1-1 currently at Turf Moor. Can't understand why Alex starts ahead of Carvalho
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

commentary on espn.........

Chelsea score after their first shot on goal..... "it was coming! was only a matter of time"

Burnley Score........ " i think that's their first shot on goal & they score"

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

"John Terry scores away from home" on the front and back pages of newspapers?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

So Chelsea win, Terry lucky not to see red and then scores the winner, after the few days he's had you couldn't make it up. Means a draw tomorrow is now a bad result for either side.
#newbridgeornowhere

AFS

That Bikey is a useless bollix. Sleeping for both Chelsea's goals.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 30, 2010, 07:27:20 PM
So Chelsea win, Terry lucky not to see red and then scores the winner, after the few days he's had you couldn't make it up. Means a draw tomorrow is now a bad result for either side.

Old seen MOTD so can't comment, but ready 4 or 5 reports, watched MOTD, and trawled the Chelsea forums. First mention of escaping a red I seen.
What did he do?

Dinny Breen

I didn't think he should have been sent off but he was the last man and it was blatent body check on Blake so technically it was a red card,it got a yellow Paul Walsh on Fox I think kept going on about it and Fat Sam mentioned it on Goals on Sunday.
#newbridgeornowhere

Minder

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 31, 2010, 01:47:00 PM
I didn't think he should have been sent off but he was the last man and it was blatent body check on Blake so technically it was a red card,it got a yellow Paul Walsh on Fox I think kept going on about it and Fat Sam mentioned it on Goals on Sunday.

The rule afaik is "goalscoring opportunity" not "last man", if I remember right it was just inside the Chelsea half so Blake would have had a fair bit of work to do.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Minder on January 31, 2010, 01:53:50 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 31, 2010, 01:47:00 PM

The rule afaik is "goalscoring opportunity" not "last man", if I remember right it was just inside the Chelsea half so Blake would have had a fair bit of work to do.

Correct Minder...it has feck all to do with whether you are the last man or not...you must be "denying a clear goal scoring opportunity"...I think the man fouled must be in control of the ball and heading towards goal as well
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Dinny Breen

Sorry I do know the rule, but he was through on goal and Terry fouled him, it's up to the referee's to decide whether a clear goal scoring opportunity was denied but as he was fouled no one can be certain so on another day a ref might give a red card for it, either way it was quite cynical. Personally I don't think it was a red card but the commentators were stressing he should have gone.
#newbridgeornowhere

under the bar

Terry like Gerrard and Rooney get off with a lot as key England players.  Terry in particular gets the rub of the green by not even getting booked for shirt-pulling and deliberate body checking in the box that foreign premiership players would get cautioned for.  Fair play to him for having the refs in his pocket.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AFS on January 30, 2010, 07:34:08 PM
That Bikey is a useless bollix. Sleeping for both Chelsea's goals.

He got top bonus points on Fantasy Premier League for that game!