The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

So, Chelsea have to pay City £3.5 million for Sturridge, potentially rising to £7 million (£500,000 for each 10, 20, 30 and 40 appearances as well as £1m if he plays for England)

Do you think he's worth it so far Norf? He hasn't had that much game time, not sure if that's down to injury or whatever.

Good article on him here. Lot's of potential, but yet to deliver.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1242976/What-price-Daniel-Sturridge-Branded-arrogant-lazy-Chelsea-boy-whos-told-hes-brilliant-life-deliver.html

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 14, 2010, 06:51:13 PM
So, Chelsea have to pay City £3.5 million for Sturridge, potentially rising to £7 million (£500,000 for each 10, 20, 30 and 40 appearances as well as £1m if he plays for England)

Do you think he's worth it so far Norf? He hasn't had that much game time, not sure if that's down to injury or whatever.

Good article on him here. Lot's of potential, but yet to deliver.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1242976/What-price-Daniel-Sturridge-Branded-arrogant-lazy-Chelsea-boy-whos-told-hes-brilliant-life-deliver.html

I think it's a great deal. £3m now for a young English support striker, and a maximum of £6.5m for a full England intl with 40 caps! There have been rumours about his attitude, but I'd say JT and Lampard will keep him right. He has it it bad with injuries so far, niggle after niggle.

Anyhow you told me he was a 'great' player a few weeks back.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Archie Mitchell

Yeah, he is great, if he would only deliver on his potential! That's what frustrated me when he was at City. Showed great promise in youth teams (losing a final and winning a final) then couldn't deliver it in the senior team. Maybe there was too much pressure on him. But, the potential is there, and will be a great deal if he delivers. Thought he would have been better going to a lesser team first though. Can agree with him leaving City, as would have been hard to play for City given all the signings they made, and was suprised to see him go to Chelsea, when he put himself in a worse position. Time will tell though.

Norf Tyrone

Sunderland were poor, but in all my time watching Chelsea I struggle to remember a better performance. Chelsea were just immense, all over the field. Tackling, passing, dribling, shooting everything.

Each of the goals had a certain quality about them, but Terry's pass, Ashley Cole's control, turn and shot was a masterclass.

Anelka's performance and work rate was superb. Deserved a hat trick, and Chelsea spent the last 20 minutes trying to tee him up.

Hopefully the start of a wee run...

Norf Tyrone

ross4life

Chelsea scoring goals for fun by why such the late arrival of Norf?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

So much for missing the African players. Should be good viewing on MOTD tonight.

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on January 16, 2010, 07:24:13 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 16, 2010, 07:02:30 PM

Eh?

Goal after goal yet no site of Norf? he must have been out shopping with herself ::)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ross4life on January 16, 2010, 07:38:34 PM

Eh?

Goal after goal yet no site of Norf? he must have been out shopping with herself ::)

He doesn't have to comment on every goal or incident in the game like your keen self.

Norf Tyrone

Eh?

:D You are fast becoming this site's joke. What the f**k's that meant to mean 'why such the late arrival of Norf'?  :D

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 16, 2010, 07:54:13 PM

Eh?

:D You are fast becoming this site's joke. What the f**k's that meant to mean 'why such the late arrival of Norf'?  :D

just saying/wondering! as other chelsea fan's may have wanted updates? but judging by the lack of interest on this thread i guess there's not many other chelsea fan's around on the gaaboard?

P.S a joker that hopefully gets the last laugh  ;)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on January 16, 2010, 07:58:52 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 16, 2010, 07:54:13 PM

Eh?

just saying/wondering! as other chelsea fan's may have wanted updates? but judging by the lack of interest on this thread i guess there's not many other chelsea fan's around on the gaaboard?

Nope. Just me. Thanks for adding to the post count though.

Archie Mitchell

That what Soccer Saturday, Final Score, BBC Website, Chelsea Website, radio etc etc are for. You must think Norf Tyrone is Chelsea's PR officer  :D

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 16, 2010, 08:03:49 PM
That what Soccer Saturday, Final Score, BBC Website, Chelsea Website, radio etc etc are for. You must think Norf Tyrone is Chelsea's PR officer  :D

Ross4life is the United equivalent.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"